TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

What!? That spinning looks flipping amazing! It reminds me of a Zipper. I really hope that the spinning stays like it is in the video! I was honestly hoping for flippage of this magnitude, but didn't get my hopes up. I wonder how the spinning will differ with riders (weights, height, empty seats, etc.)? And it looks like each row is independent from its opposing side, which is an awesome bonus! Great job S+S and SFFT! Please don't tame this beast!

I'm hoping adjustments are made as well, because those spins look way too ridiculous.

Yes, maybe they're just trying some options. While a ride like that could be fun I doubt most guests would enjoy it.

The magnetic plates that the fins pass through are adjustable so as to provide you with a smooth, non-violent ride. Keep in mind that the final fin placements were just made a few days ago and that it will take some time to tweak the trains. You are guaranteed to flip at least 6 times but could be more depending on how fat or skinny you and your riding partner are.

I feel that with more weight in the seats that they wont spin as violently, but then again I could be wrong. Very excited for this, it looks amazing! Not sure if they're going for a less flippy ride on one side, but after the raven turn and double up there's a magnetic fin only on one side. I'm sure it's intentional, but it stood out to me. Anyone know more?

^Yeah, a full train should calm the spinning somewhat. It's the exact reason why the new generation zippers aren't as good... Heavier cages, therefore slower spinning.

What!? That spinning looks flipping amazing! It reminds me of a Zipper. I really hope that the spinning stays like it is in the video! I was honestly hoping for flippage of this magnitude, but didn't get my hopes up. I wonder how the spinning will differ with riders (weights, height, empty seats, etc.)? And it looks like each row is independent from its opposing side, which is an awesome bonus! Great job S+S and SFFT! Please don't tame this beast!

Agreed. While I think the spinning will be dampened somewhat, I hope it's not by much. I'd assume it'll eventually be similar to the spinning found on the prototype model that Robb rode a while back (can be found on TPR's channel).

so i see ya grabbed the video i took of batman ride, cool! my son was asking me if they were putting the brakes while going through the raven drops. I would have posted video sooner but this place has a habit of ignoring newbies to the sight.

na I didn't get anything. I looked around a bit to see about posting videos here, but didn't see anything about it. I didn't want to post it and cause problems here thats all. lol. I was hoping I wouldn't get a nasty response from six flags to take it down immediately etc....for spoiling the surprise of a full video of the ride. SFFT hadn't posted a video yet of the entire ride , thats why I didn't post it here. But its all good. I'm a lover not a fighter. I didn;t get my phone out fast enough to catch the ride going through the lifting process, it took quite a while for it to get to the top of the lift hill though.

I was hoping I wouldn't get a nasty response from six flags to take it down immediately etc....for spoiling the surprise of a full video of the ride. SFFT hadn't posted a video yet of the entire ride , thats why I didn't post it here.:

The Fiesta Texas Facebook page actually does have a full ride video posted. I couldn't figure out how to embed it here so I just left it alone.

is this the one on their site?

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I love the way the woman watching on the first cycle says "no way" (it appears there are dummies in the seats of this one). . but in the 2nd cycle says "oh HELL no"

LOL

I'm going to ride B:TR during the golden season passholder preview next Saturday. After seeing these videos, I'm a bit nervous now...I can handle spinning, but damn!! I'm sure they'll get it well under control before then, though, and if they don't, well then who knows! Maybe this intense spinning could be really fun! Always stay optimistic

is this the one on their site?

[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I love the way the woman watching on the first cycle says "no way" (it appears there are dummies in the seats of this one). . but in the 2nd cycle says "oh HELL no"

LOL

Haha it's so funny!!

I'm just throwing this out there, but they have got to get that spinning under control.

OK, seriously, what the heck is with all you people? I thought we were coaster enthusiasts here. I'm disappointed in all of you who have said the spinning needs to be brought under control. For shame.

I couldn't imagine Six Flags letting it spin as much as it is in the video posted on here a little earlier. I'm thinking they're going to adjust it a bit before it opens.

I'd say it's going to be a fight between "it doesn't spin enough" vs. "it spins way too much" so I'm looking forward to see how it ends up for opening day.

I'm just throwing this out there, but they have got to get that spinning under control.

OK, seriously, what the heck is with all you people? I thought we were coaster enthusiasts here. I'm disappointed in all of you who have said the spinning needs to be brought under control. For shame.

Hey now, I love coasters just as much as the next guy, I just don't enjoy being sick We'll see how it goes on Gold passholder day.