TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Saw this on Twitter from @SAVEinSA. Not sure if it's true or not though.

"We can't wait for #BatmanTheRide to open on 5/23! SAVE on admission to @SF_FiestaTexas http://bit.ly/1pwyExu "

Yes that's correct, it was previously announced that the schedule would be 05/16 for Gold Pass holders only, 05/17 for all Season Pass holders, and 05/23 for the public.

So, I might be making a Dallas/ San Antonio trip this summer [ either that or a Busch Gardens, Kings Dominion trip] I know San Antonio is scorching hot in the summer.. I'm not a big water park person, However I love water rides, are the ones at Fiesta Texas a good relief in the summer?? I hate nothing more, than water rides that don't do their jobs.

So, I might be making a Dallas/ San Antonio trip this summer [ either that or a Busch Gardens, Kings Dominion trip] I know San Antonio is scorching hot in the summer.. I'm not a big water park person, However I love water rides, are the ones at Fiesta Texas a good relief in the summer?? I hate nothing more, than water rides that don't do their jobs.

Fiesta has an included good size Waterpark. . with a HUGE wave pool, and a lazy river (so two things that get you cooled off right away without having to wait in line for a slide)

the Flume and Gully Washer (roaring rapids) won't get you wet . . .so bring a suit, and spend some time in the water section!

Tho if it's a hot day? everyone will be there, leaving all the coasters as walk ons

I think it's always worth it to take some time out of your schedule and visit a park's water park, especially if it's free and as good as Fiesta Texas one is. However, if you don't want to go the water park, the water rides are pretty good IMO but don't get you that wet.

Hey there, I decided to take a trip out to Six Flags Fiesta Texas today to check out the construction of the new Batman ride. I hadn't visited the park since the Holiday in the Park time frame so I thought I'd go check out and view, first hand, what this new Batman is all about. Those of you who have visited SFFT know they took out the kids autobahn ride and they did not keep any of the station house or the walkways leading to it. I took some pictures today and thought I'd show you what I saw on the construction.

DSCF3690-1.thumb.JPG.922e1bf76aaf6ebcaac206c13618c9c0.JPG

The new Batman Moniker.

DSCF3646-1.thumb.JPG.66f9d0c4726ddba5e9209f7d2fe97f42.JPG

A view of the new Batman as you approach.

DSCF3655a-1.thumb.JPG.15b82c10f7665cc066db04acdbac1d79.JPG

The new trains for the Batman ride.

DSCF3656a-1.thumb.JPG.da4bc8dcb4c4ec275daaff70579ed353.JPG

Another view of the trains and the seating. Not sure if all train are now on the track as there is another 'train piece' sitting on a high-boy loader.

DSCF3665-1.thumb.JPG.3e137391556fc5088b906c75f1244b6e.JPG

A train like connector. Since it is still in the crate and so far away it is difficult to determine how it is used.

DSCF3685-1.thumb.JPG.f9c3e3fb5df52097f874246b0d0573ef.JPG

Lots of small parts and pieces that still need to be added.

DSCF3686-1.thumb.JPG.ebe98beb4ffacd33e5b6fb8417c7bff0.JPG

More sundry parts and pieces.

DSCF3688-1.thumb.JPG.c3145d413c21bdba354b39b1c72f6e20.JPG

Lots of big bolts which are used in constructing Batman

DSCF3693-1.thumb.JPG.7efa8cb9624031b5186ffe09ea32d82c.JPG

The trains, head-on, and looking as they sit in their off-track storage area?

I had SFFT as my "home park" for a couple years, and it's great to see it getting a fresh ride. Having ridden Green Lantern, I'm really curious how BTR version (??) will compare... and how good the queue really is - not to mention how well operated it is.

Of course, the iRat conversion was a way-overdue way of getting the Rattler back to something that rode as cool as it looked, Superman looks awesome again now - always a very good ride, in a great setting, and the rest of the park was always pretty, friendly employees, and just an easy B-class Six Flags.

Fingers crossed! Thanks for photos folks!

Please, everyone, hold onto your pants for this announcement. The four-way stop outside of the park is getting traffic lights. They're hung, but covered. That explains all the recent roadwork there. Maybe they'll be in use next weekend for the debut of the Spring Blast fireworks. Getting out of the park is usually pretty easy unless there's a fireworks show, in which case everyone leaves at the same time.

As was reported earlier, Road Runner Express has re-opened and was running last weekend. Frisbee was still down.

The queue for B:TR is still mostly blue sky and mud, but this ought to change soon. As you can see above, some sidewalks have been created. I'm anxious to see the scope of this new "interactive" queue.

I'm glad to see they went with the face-to-face seating option!

The seats are back-to-back.

No... The seats on each car are facing each other. Its the opposite of Green Lantern.

11083736_974362819249768_911513349067870772_o.jpg

Rendering from Waves Design and you can see, the seats face each other.