TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I'm still a little confused on the whole "Free Spin" vs "Free Fly" thing.

Six Flags markets it as a "Free Fly"

freefly.thumb.jpg.176cf39c42f7a8a84a6e5da6052e7520.jpg

but I had thought that S&S considered the rides like Tranan to be a "Free Fly"

freefly.thumb.jpg.176cf39c42f7a8a84a6e5da6052e7520.jpg

And the plaque on the coaster says "Free Spin"

img_8636.jpg.da2ebbb030c74bdf9debbd05c7871370.jpg

Which is what S&S referred to it as at IAAPA (along with Free Ride, just to make things even more confusing!) lol

IAAPA2013_63.thumb.jpg.7e01c1674b4125650f7beb35a281d8ff.jpg

So I'm really not sure how to classify this coaster!

freefly.thumb.jpg.e8b223fd0c3f11d8f1bd78eb58394c2b.jpg

Looks like a neat ride! I still remember seeing the Free-Fly X footage from the S&S booth years ago combining the free-fly trains (like on Tranan) with the X-Car seats allowing for sideways flips as opposed to forward/backward flips... I'm hoping that if this ride is successful, the next version will be more in line with that concept.

I'm still a little confused on the whole "Free Spin" vs "Free Fly" thing.

Six Flags markets it as a "Free Fly"

[attachment=0]freefly.jpg[/attachment]

but I had thought that S&S considered the rides like Tranan to be a "Free Fly"

[attachment=1]freefly.jpg[/attachment]

And the plaque on the coaster says "Free Spin"

[attachment=2]img_8636.jpg[/attachment]

Which is what S&S referred to it as at IAAPA (along with Free Ride, just to make things even more confusing!) lol

[attachment=3]IAAPA2013_63.jpg[/attachment]

So I'm really not sure how to classify this coaster!

Er, maybe "4D Free-Flying Spinning Coaster"?

At the park today. They have RRE listed on the "closed ride" sign at the front.

It's a cloudy semi dreary day. Minimal crowds.

Anyone else coming to the park?

I wonder what the threshold is between the cold and warm ride programs for Iron Rattler.

EDIT:

Observations: they added lights to the IRAT tunnel and the bottom of the Skyscreamer chairs. (Or have I not noticed them before?)

It kinda looks like a penis... My head is in the gutter

Edit ; Just realized this is my 69th post.

Joking aside. This looks like a wonderful addition to the park. SF has been hyping about this ride that even my friends (whom do not live in TX) have been telling me about the ride.

"Like Dare Devil Dive at SFOG, the chain will engage the car and carry it to the top, not the other way around"

A little confused about this can someone explain this please.

Ok, I'm pretty sure this means that the trains will have no chain dog; the chain will have a device that grabs the car and hauls it up the lift. So, in other words, the train isn't going to attach to the chain, the chain will attach to the train. Hopefully that's not too confusing.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that is what that statement means.

BTW, Batman looks amazing! I am really looking forward to riding. And I love how they are going to do an interactive queue - definitely a new concept for Six Flags! Hopefully they'll be able to execute it properly.

Really excited for summer!!!

"Like Dare Devil Dive at SFOG, the chain will engage the car and carry it to the top, not the other way around"

A little confused about this can someone explain this please.

Ok, I'm pretty sure this means that the trains will have no chain dog; the chain will have a device that grabs the car and hauls it up the lift. So, in other words, the train isn't going to attach to the chain, the chain will attach to the train. Hopefully that's not too confusing.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure that is what that statement means.

It will most likely be similar to Intamin's lift mechanism used on Fahrenheit as well as the ZacSpin coasters. Uses redundant pusher mechanisms to push train to top of lift.

Intamin.JPG.24a505e2d3ee09c80eb3e553bbb59657.JPG

I was in the park yesterday, and I think the new ride is an eyesore. It ruins all the sight lines from Strasburg and Rockville, the latter of which has received no Gotham makeover at all. The shed at the base of the lift looks cheap. There's a bridge that now goes over nothing, and on the other side is an inaccessible sodded field in a prime location. My take is that Batman's being inserted into the park with the unfortunately typical Six Flags thrift and carelessness regarding theming. I hope there are numerous finishing touches to come, but they've only got five weeks left.

On the other hand, Superman's paint job looks great and brings some quality to an otherwise dilapidated section of the park. Scooby-Doo was working well and the queue for Bugs' White Water Rapids had all its props looking pretty clean. Whirligig has been reassembled and looked nice. Some boards on the Boardwalk had been replaced. I hope the Ferris Wheel is getting a new paint job soon as it looks awful. So do some other rides, but the Ferris Wheel really stands out to me. And I know I should curb my expectations, but I keep hoping to see a new water feature added to the Gully Washer as it only has one: a waterfall.

Road Runner Express and Frisbee are still down. RRE hasn't been running since October, at least. No one seems to know when it's coming back, and I haven't noticed any work being done on the ride. I hope it isn't going the way of the SS Overboard. As is the new normal, the bumper cars were only running on one of the two arenas (half capacity).

The entrance to the park has had an intersection added to it. I'm not immediately sure what they were trying to accomplish with it. Now two lanes can enter if coming from I-10, but they hit a stop sign where they meet with an entrance coming from the four-way stop on La Cantera Pkwy. I've never seen this part backed up, so I don't know what they were trying to accomplish. There are still only two outbound lanes, both of which go to that four-way stop. That part backs up and remains unchanged though repaved and repainted.

From the mall behind the park, one can easily see the zipline attraction also being added this year. It'll only have a 40" height requirement, which is great, but I haven't yet seen a price advertised.

Let's see, what else? Fireworks start on Saturday the 18th, I believe, at "park close". I'm looking forward to that.

^ Road Runner Express was open last Saturday. I had a friend ride it and the park posted it was open. It's possible it just broke down on Sunday.

Good to know, thanks! I've been trying to get my 42" tall son on it now that he's tall enough. It was closed two weeks ago, then again yesterday. I also see now that they've removed the "Temporarily Closed" banner on their web site, too... though I swore I saw it there last week.

Frisbee still has the "Temporarily Closed" banner.

I was in the park yesterday, and I think the new ride is an eyesore. It ruins all the sight lines from Strasburg and Rockville, the latter of which has received no Gotham makeover at all. The shed at the base of the lift looks cheap. There's a bridge that now goes over nothing, and on the other side is an inaccessible sodded field in a prime location. My take is that Batman's being inserted into the park with the unfortunately typical Six Flags thrift and carelessness regarding theming. I hope there are numerous finishing touches to come, but they've only got five weeks left.

The Rockville makeover has not yet started, but will be completed by the time the ride opens. The ride will also have a level of theming that no other ride in the park has, plus a state of the art interactive queue line.

My take is that you should reserve your whining until after this multi-million dollar first of its kind ride is completed. There is nothing 'thrifty' about this attraction at all.

I don't see how a roller coaster is ruining sight lines at an amusement park. Like is it prohibiting you from seeing another roller coaster ? These kind of complaints are the reason I stop posting on here so frequently, I hardly ever see anymore fun discussions on here. It's just people complaining, then others complain at those people.

My take is that Batman's being inserted into the park with the unfortunately typical Six Flags thrift and carelessness regarding theming.

As Chadster already made very clear in his excellent report and in his above statement, BTR is going to have an awesome interactive queue. But, if that's not enough to convince you, here's an excerpt of an article on the Six Flags website about it:

"You’ll wander through downtown Rockville on your way to board the ride inside Wayne Enterprises. The new interactive queue line and loading area will explain the storyline for your mission. Head into the old-style movie theater where you’ll discover that Bruce Wayne is working with a secret weapons lab to avenge the loss of his parents. The lab of Lucius Fox will display the most advanced Bat-technology, including an illuminated prototype Batsuit, the world-famous Batmobile, and well-recognized Bat Signal."

You can read the full article here. Now, it may not end up being Disney-level theme quality, but still, this is a big deal for a Six Flags ride, especially Fiesta Texas.

I don't see how a roller coaster is ruining sight lines at an amusement park. Like is it prohibiting you from seeing another roller coaster ? These kind of complaints are the reason I stop posting on here so frequently, I hardly ever see anymore fun discussions on here. It's just people complaining, then others complain at those people.