TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I live in Texas.

the excitement over the Fiesta coaster announcement has not waned in over two weeks.

still almost daily stories.

the General Public is super excited over 1) Fiesta getting a "worlds first" 2) a new coaster 3) a Batman themed coaster.

yeah. . he's in the vast minority over wanting something besides what we are getting.

That's cool you live in Texas, so do I. Yes I know people are excited and I'm perfectly fine being in the small group of people who aren't. But lets say I went to Fiesta Texas this weekend and set up a booth with 2 videos: One showing Thunderbird, the other one showing Batman. If the general public had a choice of which one comes to the park, I bet 100% of them would choose Thunderbird, hence why I said I'd rather have that "boring" B&M coaster.

Maybe, but... Yeah I got nothing. Your right.

People criticize too much. I think this will be a interesting addition to the park.

The only bandwagon I will get on is the Ring of Fires Six Flags is adding and calling coasters.

Yeah. Why are some people upset with this ride and not the super loops? That's like preferring an egg over an omelet!

Neal Thurman, Magic Mountain & Hurricane Harbor's Director of Park Operation will be leaving as he was promoted to be Six Flags Fiesta Texas' NEW Park President!

Saw this today and thought it was a weird move. I liked the direction SFFT has been going the last few years. I mean I hope he does great for the park. Seems to me, SFOT is the Texas park that could use new management.

I visited Fiesta for the first time last weekend and enjoyed it! It's very unique, especially for Six Flags. I love the rock quarry - many of the rides interact with it so well. Unfortunately, there were constant reminders that I was at a Six Flags park: $20 parking. Crappy expensive microwaved food. Giant ads plastered all over the rides. Loud obnoxious music. Teenagers dribbling basketballs everywhere. Still, I thought the park had a great setting, decent theming and a good mix of rides.

Here are some of my thoughts...

Iron Rattler: This was my first Rocky Mountain coaster and it surpassed my sky-high expectations. It instantly jumped to the top of my list. I now cannot wait for California to get one.

Roadrunner Express: I was pleasantly surprised with this ride! It was a lot more fun than I expected. Don't skip it!

Superman: Amazing use of the rock quarry. Otherwise, nothing too crazy.

Goliath: I knew exactly what to expect, but I really liked it.

Poltergeist: This wasn't as rough as I expected. I quite enjoyed it.

Boomerang: I skipped this because I hate Boomerangs and don't really care about credits. Plus it had the longest line in the park for whatever reason.

Pandemonium: Closed all day. I assume I didn't miss much.

Batman: They had a booth set up with some drawings and a video of the upcoming Batman ride. There was a constant crowd gathered to watch it. Let me tell you, the locals are excited for this ride and I think it will be a huge hit with them! Say what you will about it, but I think it's a good choice.

SFFT has the best themeing out of all the Six Flags parks. After Six Flags (Premier at the time) bought Fiesta Texas in 1998, they used a lot of the themeing from SFFT for other parks. (i.e. Crackaxle Canyon, Rockville, Road Runner Express, etc.) for their other parks.

Hopefully SFFT won't lose all of it's charm and uniqueness now that the new park president is from SFMM. I'd hate to see SFFT lose it's uniqueness and cleanliness because of management however you never know.

I never actually realized that there are only two coaster like this in the country and they're both at the same park. Why did I feel like there were more in North America?

This will be a people eater, since most people have never been on a 4D coaster. I can see Six Flags adding more of these to their parks.

Ha ha ha ha ha! I just went Here for the first time, I had so much fun since astroworld closed, I'm feeling happy again, my favorite uncle bought me here to San Antonio, I also worked for it, and I heard people in the park were saying that high school building is being torn down for batman!

Am I the only one who can NOT wait for some construction updates and photos for this new coaster?! I really can NOT wait to get over there and try it next year! I am BEYOND excited for this addition.

I agree as well!

Im actually pretty excited for updates and reviews in the future. This ride intrigues me unlike that crappy Green excuse for a coaster at SFMM. Im thinking the ride experience on this will be much better than GL.

I live in Texas.

the excitement over the Fiesta coaster announcement has not waned in over two weeks.

still almost daily stories.

the General Public is super excited over 1) Fiesta getting a "worlds first" 2) a new coaster 3) a Batman themed coaster.

yeah. . he's in the vast minority over wanting something besides what we are getting.

Just out of curiosity, what could they possibly be writing about that would warrant two weeks of almost daily stories about this coaster (or any coaster for that matter)?

I have trouble imagining two weeks of almost daily stories about a launched water coaster on the moon, let alone a spinning wild mouse coaster knocked onto it's side that hasn't been built yet in San Antonio. Was it just the press release being regurgitated by various local papers?

Just got back from the park. Some of the motorama track had been torn up, but it really didn't look like a whole lot was going on in that area yet. Elsewhere, the Fright Fest decorations have made a lot more progress. "Rockin' at Rockville High" has moved to that big cafeteria in Spasburg, the name of which escapes me. The log flume has had a minor refurb of the queue with a few more decorations added.

Based on how biased the GTA's are, I'd say that the 'best new rides' category will go down like this:

1. Batman the Ride / Six Flags Fiesta Texas

2. Fury 325 / Carowinds

3. Twisted Colossus / Six Flags Magic Mountain

4. Thunderbird / Holiday World

5. Wicked Cyclone / Six Flags New England

Not saying I'm agreeing with this, just predicting.