TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Whoa...this looks like a lot of fun!

I guess that it's a good thing that our originally planned Texas road trip got postponed this year because of work - apparently a blessing in disguise at the time!

Definitely need to set aside two weeks next year so I can hit up all of the parks (and water parks) in Texas.

Everyone is sharing the animation of Batman on my Facebook. And they aren't people I met on coaster websites, just family, friends, and such. I saw one this morning saying "I would drive to Texas just for that!" I'm glad this ride is causing a lot of hype. It's even got more attention then the announcement of Banshee, and that is like an hour away from me. And a little more than the Thunderbird announcement.

Same thing here - every one is like "Have you seen this?" Batman really seems to be having an impact from the GP. It must be that spinning feature.

Everyone is sharing the animation of Batman on my Facebook. And they aren't people I met on coaster websites, just family, friends, and such. I saw one this morning saying "I would drive to Texas just for that!" I'm glad this ride is causing a lot of hype. It's even got more attention then the announcement of Banshee, and that is like an hour away from me. And a little more than the Thunderbird announcement.

Same thing here - every one is like "Have you seen this?" Batman really seems to be having an impact from the GP. It must be that spinning feature.

it was just featured on Chris Hardwick's "At Midnight" show on Comedy Central

(tho to be fair, they were picking on it that the only thing it has to do with Batman is the "Gotham like weather in the animation". . LOL

I still don't understand all the hate on the hype. Holiday World went 66 days with plenty of fake clues to hype a boring B&M coaster. The park was having fun with the hype. As far as the video goes, it just so happen to go viral. It was a slow internet day. I think the coaster will be a great addition and better then a zac spin.

^^

I totally agree. At least SFFT is getting some attention. This is definately going to be a great addition to the park. And although it's similar to a Zac Spin, there's only one of those in the U.S. which is Green Lantern. Although it may not be a big deal to is coaster enthusiast, the hype is all about the GP and they are totally eating it up.

I still don't understand all the hate on the hype. Holiday World went 66 days with plenty of fake clues to hype a boring B&M coaster. The park was having fun with the hype. As far as the video goes, it just so happen to go viral. It was a slow internet day. I think the coaster will be a great addition and better then a zac spin.

I'd much rather have that "boring" B&M coaster.

you're in the VAST minority.

Honestly, we cant expect to get the most expensive B&M coaster or something that's going to be the best ride in the world. You guys are getting something that I wish my hometown park was getting (SFGAm - I know we got Goliath, but we are getting literally nothing this year), so I would just be happy with what you have and try to make the most of it. I really want to ride this thing! Just have to figure out a way to get there

Oh, and Thunderbird is boring? I thought I was a tough critic . . .

Thats BS!!!! You have no facts to support your claim that he's in the vast minority!

The video of it is all over the internet in China Haven't seen a foreign coaster getting that much attention before. On one hand I'm happy that my favorite Six Flags park is getting so much attention, on the other hand I think this is way too overhyped. Sure it will be fun but TC and WC will definitely be better rides.

Exactly! I wish the park were getting a kick-ass RMC instead with something like a crazy giant steep drop, airtime, and some insane large inversion, maybe even a tunnel or other unique elements.

Oh, wait a minute.

this ride has so much potential, just have this feeling that someone else is going to take what were fixing to get and triple in size. This ride would be insane if they just made it a little taller and longer, as in the other option they showed for this ride. I'm excited and stoked, but they should have went with the larger model instead. Who knows, maybe they will, then it would make it a monster!!~

The thing I like about is that SFFT is pretty well rounded with its coasters. While it would have been nice to get the taller version of this, at 120ft, it's not bad. I still have no doubt that this is going to be a great coaster for the park. It's nice that Six Flags sees a lot of potential with the park. That northwest corner of the 10 and 1604 has just boomed so much that they definitely need it market more to the tourist to get their business so that it's not all spent at La Cantera and The Rim. And I personally think they're trying to cash in on Sea Worlds misfortune and bad press.

The video of it is all over the internet in China Haven't seen a foreign coaster getting that much attention before. On one hand I'm happy that my favorite Six Flags park is getting so much attention, on the other hand I think this is way too overhyped. Sure it will be fun but TC and WC will definitely be better rides.

Exactly! I wish the park were getting a kick-ass RMC instead with something like a crazy giant steep drop, airtime, and some insane large inversion, maybe even a tunnel or other unique elements.

Oh, wait a minute.

Yep. An amazing RMC already happened. Time to move on to other things. I honestly don't think this is going to be bad - we'll just have to wait until this opens to see. Robb, Elissa & KT seemed to love it when he rode the prototype last winter.

Thats BS!!!! You have no facts to support your claim that he's in the vast minority!

I live in Texas.

the excitement over the Fiesta coaster announcement has not waned in over two weeks.

still almost daily stories.

the General Public is super excited over 1) Fiesta getting a "worlds first" 2) a new coaster 3) a Batman themed coaster.

yeah. . he's in the vast minority over wanting something besides what we are getting.

I live in Texas.

the excitement over the Fiesta coaster announcement has not waned in over two weeks.

the General Public is super excited over 1) Fiesta getting a "worlds first" 2) a new coaster 3) a Batman themed coaster.

yeah. . he's in the vast minority over wanting something besides what we are getting.

I support you! The Chosen SF Parks get the help. I don't mind giving a shit because you just get attacked here. The same two 13 year old dip shits seem to run threads.

I live in Texas.

That's cool you live in Texas, so do I. Yes I know people are excited and I'm perfectly fine being in the small group of people who aren't. But lets say I went to Fiesta Texas this weekend and set up a booth with 2 videos: One showing Thunderbird, the other one showing Batman. If the general public had a choice of which one comes to the park, I bet 100% of them would choose Thunderbird, hence why I said I'd rather have that "boring" B&M coaster.