TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Alright, now that this is announced and all... Would anyone like to explain the clues from the SFFT Twitter and what they all meant? Especially with the balloon and clever wording and stuff. In really interested in how obvious this actually was and how clueless we all were!

They almost had no lights in the room. But here are the pictures!

the queue

DSC00285.JPG.ff7a41d08bd60225f08ee385a179d185.JPG

More queue

DSC00286.JPG.ede4eb2e7d68de607a594705775b8137.JPG

Before...

DSC00288.JPG.03d92a9635af34d43ea8a0ce5eabbaa8.JPG

AFTER!

DSC00287.JPG.3c7a11ef7b4cda18cab01a0d3ff313d0.JPG

Idea of the new look!

DSC00289.JPG.990e0e9288189e7d465b8f3e1de521f2.JPG

Ride location

DSC00290.JPG.cb73de9a768682d55c03848762e62613.JPG

More about the location

DSC00291.JPG.6a3e009090d23f69dd785f0b6293872b.JPG

THE COASTER!

DSC00292.JPG.037dfaca43c82c3146dc5f22f0a5740e.JPG

MORE coaster.

DSC00295.JPG.5ed25cb63785b6eaf4a0606bd947c465.JPG

Summery of advantages!

DSC00294.JPG.aa0c1470419c6d6297715c78a26418a9.JPG

Vehicle design

DSC00296.JPG.a95fc06a80cb25c3e8cbb6c069e86018.JPG

Ride layout from the "not so blue-print".

Sorry about the picture mix up below. Had a few problems!

DSC00293.JPG.ba70c8907b9569de1f0a654784e67205.JPG

DSC00297.JPG.81bc7405f0c4a5c96ec0ff914a30c7ec.JPG

DSC00298.JPG.b0b499f79ef9eec42ffd28bdfa0d4a1f.JPG

Interesting pictures. Thanks for sharing!

I do have a small concern about the ride though. The capacity seems to be even lower than the Intamin versions because this version lacks a MCBR. With the Intamin version, a train can disconnect from the lift hill after the other car is passed the MCBR and about to hit the brakes. On this version, only one car can be on the entire track at a time.

Regardless, it looks like a great ride and it's even better to see that S&S is finally selling some of their new concepts. I wonder what park will build the first free-fly coaster...

Alright, now that this is announced and all... Would anyone like to explain the clues from the SFFT Twitter and what they all meant? Especially with the balloon and clever wording and stuff. In really interested in how obvious this actually was and how clueless we all were!

I was led to believe this ride was going to be snake-themed. Shows how much I know, heh.

I don't know, if they wanted to actually tease it as a Batman-themed ride, they could've had Wayne Enterprises be the one who bought out Motorama, or when they closed Rockville High it could've been due to...oh, mold caused by some poisonous ivy plant, or since Rockville was undergoing an "urban renewal," some of those signs could've been vandalized with "THE JOKER WAS HERE, LOLOLOLOL" but I guess that would've been too obvious.

Interesting pictures. Thanks for sharing!

I do have a small concern about the ride though. The capacity seems to be even lower than the Intamin versions because this version lacks a MCBR. With the Intamin version, a train can disconnect from the lift hill after the other car is passed the MCBR and about to hit the brakes. On this version, only one car can be on the entire track at a time.

Regardless, it looks like a great ride and it's even better to see that S&S is finally selling some of their new concepts. I wonder what park will build the first free-fly coaster...

Maybe i'm wrong but I assumed the black boxes that say blockpoint locations in the above photo were so there can be multiple trains on the track. It says there will be 8 trains so i'm assuming more than one will be going round at the same time.

I was in Atlanta for Dragon*con (just got back about an hour ago), so just now getting to comment.

GREAT to see that it's the 4D coaster! (and I like that I get to say "toldja so" to some friends in regards to the "Batman" theme.

they don't explicitly state it -- heck in the pics just posted, they still refer to the area as Rockville. . . but I STILL think we are going to get a Gotham City (or DCUniverse retheme). if not, it's odd to put a Batman coaster there.

regardless tho. .it looks amazing.

Everyone is sharing the animation of Batman on my Facebook. And they aren't people I met on coaster websites, just family, friends, and such. I saw one this morning saying "I would drive to Texas just for that!" I'm glad this ride is causing a lot of hype. It's even got more attention then the announcement of Banshee, and that is like an hour away from me. And a little more than the Thunderbird announcement.

It really has like every news thing in the country is like OMG A NEW THING when I'm just kinda like "it's like the zacspins" but dad doesn't understand he's like "but it's something new" and I'm like "but it's like the zacspins" and he's like "..........but it's something new." So it's cool that it's getting hype I guess (get hype, turnup)

Does that article really say that the park is located in the city of Fiesta, Texas?
Yes it does. Fail on Yahoo's part!!!

Fail on the journalist's part for their "excellent reporting skills," more like!

The article is actually from CNET

Clicky: www.cnet.com/news/4d-batman-roller-coaster-tosses-you-to-gotham-and-back/

But they call the park "Six Flags Fiesta Texas" later on in the article. Still amusing nonetheless.

I'm seeing hype on my Facebook from non enthusiast people here in RI. Mostly with the quote : would you ride this? A lot of attention on the spinning seats. I expect these to pop up everywhere in 2016.

I love to see this American coaster revolution. With the loss of Arrow and strong new RMC and S&S products the US is coming back to the market!