TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I thought I would never say this, but I now plan on going back to SFFT (maybe not next year but soon). I can understand why some are concerned about this being painful like Green Lantern, but based on the design I doubt that will be a problem for three reasons:

1. the Intamin model has the track VERY tightly wrapped together especially for transfers; whereas, this appears to permit for more room for transfers.

2. The Zacspins have the problem of leaving one side facing down when they are imbalanced. The Use of magnets should help it to either completely flip or not flip at all.

3. It appears that it may be using Iron Horse track which is about the smoothest in the industry.

I am excited for this and if this proves to be a intense and comfortable ride, I hope more are made. I don't understand the disappointment. This is a brand new, unique coaster. This is better than what SFOG is getting and better than what SFOT and SFSTL are getting. SFFT has been treated quite well by the current management.

^^^The drops on Green lantern are very tight, which caused a lot of slamming into the front of the restraint for me, which was painful. For comparison purposes, here are some photos:

vid_batmantheride1.thumb.jpg.1e08adafbdd1d68754a459305814d937.jpg

looser, gentler drops. Should be a ton of fun!

1064892736_Greenlantern.jpg.38f2576944ed11811b12ba75ffce292a.jpg

Ouch! That first one is a doozy! SOUCE:http://rcdb.com/9519.htm#

Well first off I have to say I was devastated when I found out they're not going to tear down Superman to build Togo's Beehive, but I've gone through all the stages of grief and am at the acceptance phase now.

As for the ride itself, I'm on the fence. If, as it looks like from the animation, they have at least one row that is a "non-puking" seat that doesn't spin like a washing machine rinse cycle then I think it'll be pretty fun. But if you get a "surprise" every time you ride and the operator decides to randomly crank it up to vomitron level because, well, you just look like you deserve it then I ain't goin' near it. Speaking of that does anyone have better pics of the displays from tonight's preview?

Hopefully they'll have enough sense not to advertise the queue area as "The house Bruce Wayne's parents were knocked off in". Then again if it's air conditioned I don't think the public will mind stepping over a corpse or two

The Texas Thrill seekers group went to the preview tonight and posted some photos Here. It appears the new theming is just a few of the buildings. Not all of Rockville like everyone thought. It will have a indoor queue with a story before you get on the coaster.

This is refreshing to hear. I was worried about Rockville being over Gotham'd and Poltergeist painted green and purple or blue to become Freeze the Joker's Jinx.

Has anyone heard what the height restriction for this will be?

I'm curious because KT helped some of the S&S Engineers see how smaller kids fit in the restraints when we rode the prototype!

How tall is KT now? She looks like she's edging up towards 48"

Am I the only one who hopes RMC takes this support structure and starts bad A$$ steel coasters from the ground up?
The problem is how hard it is to market a full steel sit down looper nowadays. Of course, they would be outstanding and their will be parks to buy it, but not many. Nowadays, their must be some type if gimmick to get crowds in. I wouldn't put it past RMC to come up with a gimmick to sell more coasters, though. A launched RMC would be outstanding, and there's still a large market for launched coasters.

The Texas Thrill seekers group went to the preview tonight and posted some photos Here. It appears the new theming is just a few of the buildings. Not all of Rockville like everyone thought. It will have a indoor queue with a story before you get on the coaster.

This is refreshing to hear. I was worried about Rockville being over Gotham'd and Poltergeist painted green and purple or blue to become Freeze the Joker's Jinx.

I have this feeling that Rockville will be Gotham'd more than what has been announced so far. Hopefully not though. I don't think I'd like to see Poltergeist turned into Joker's Jinx.......but on the other hand it's Six Flags. I wouldn't be surprised if they did rethemed Poltergeist and used the Joker's Revenge theme again.(again, it's Six Flags)

If you're going to do BTR theme, might as well retheme the area to fit. Considering they announced an "Urban Renewal Project" I'm still thinking there will still be more theming than just that Theatre front for the coaster and the Batmobile.

Maybe SKC will get a fresh coat of paint for it's 15th birthday. (yes I know SKC is not in Rockville)

This looks fun! I, too, was expecting something on a larger scale given all the hype surrounding the announcement, but oh well. I actually really enjoy Green Lantern, so I think this--being that it's supposedly more comfortable and all--should be a blast, too.

I'm a little sad to see Rockville reduced, though. On my one and only visit to the park a few years ago, I thought that whole area seemed really cool. Hopefully at least some of Rockville can remain.

I have this feeling that Rockville will be Gotham'd more than what has been announced so far. Hopefully not though. I don't think I'd like to see Poltergeist turned into Joker's Jinx.......but on the other hand it's Six Flags. I wouldn't be surprised if they did rethemed Poltergeist and used the Joker's Revenge theme again.(again, it's Six Flags)

If you're going to do BTR theme, might as well retheme the area to fit. Considering they announced an "Urban Renewal Project" I'm still thinking there will still be more theming than just that Theatre front for the coaster and the Batmobile.

Maybe SKC will get a fresh coat of paint for it's 15th birthday. (yes I know SKC is not in Rockville)

Since B:TR isn't the standard B&M we know they'd probably rename Poltergeist to Mr. Freeze and completely confuse everyone in Texas. You're right about the Gotham theme going past the store front. That entire street up to Rockville high will mostly like be Gotham with Rockville High becoming Gotham City Hall. I would've felt much better about re-theming portions of Spassburg to a D.C. Comic area (since Superman isn't German) and placing the entrance on that side of the tracks.

S:KC could use some love. Paint and better maintenance is a dire need. During my last visit on July 26th, my restraint released at the bottom of the lift in the back right seat (not sure which train). Of course the seat belt caught it and it relocked once I pulled it down...I didn't enjoy the ride very much after that. I quietly told the ride op after getting off and they shut down but imagine if that was GP.

Am I the only one who hopes RMC takes this support structure and starts bad A$$ steel coasters from the ground up?
The problem is how hard it is to market a full steel sit down looper nowadays. Of course, they would be outstanding and their will be parks to buy it, but not many. Nowadays, their must be some type if gimmick to get crowds in. I wouldn't put it past RMC to come up with a gimmick to sell more coasters, though. A launched RMC would be outstanding, and there's still a large market for launched coasters.

I understand there's more of a need for 'gimmicks', but I could totally see smaller parks, such as KK getting an RMC steel looper. I believe they'll save the launch idea fora launched woodie, as that could be more marketable.

As for this ride, although there's been complaints/worries about there being too much spinning, I personally love that aspect!

I've always loved chance zippers/Mondial topscans, and for some reason, this ride gives me that vibe with the motions it goes through. Pretty pumped to see how this turns out!

All right I don't have the pictures up yet. But. I let me just say a few things about 2015.

Rockville will still be Rockville. But the ride area of Rockville will look Gotham-ish.

Rockville high will remain and have a different show that will be announced later.

The 2015 balloon was next to the bridge because that is where the lift hill wil be placed.

More later!