TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

There is only one Zacspin in the U.S., are people really bothered that this is a clone? A better one too?

That's not a clone. Green lantern and this are two different types of coasters, but similar concept. Green lantern is intamin, this is RMC and s&s. Anyways I guess my rumors were wrong about this going to frontier city. Well this ain't to far away from me. Looks like an awesome ride

There is only one Zacspin in the U.S., are people really bothered that this is a clone? A better one too?
^Now that I compare the layouts, you're right. The Zacspin is a lot more compact.

Isn't calling this a clone of a zacspin, a bit like calling Gerstlauer spinning coasters clones of Mauher Sohnes spinning coasters, or B&M flyers clones of vekomas flying dutchmans? I mean yes very similar concepts but isn't clone a bit too far?

Oh, I thought you guys wanted a Super Loop?

In all honesty, I think it looks fantastic, and I appreciate Six Flags taking a step out of their comfort zone for this one. While the name may become a little confusing for some park goers, I like that SFFT finally has their own Batman: The Ride.

Kudos to the people who have been calling this for a while. Maybe the Aquatrax will come next year.

If this were my home park, I would be very disappointed. All that speculation and many teasers for this?

Now don't get me wrong, this looks like a great concept. I always liked ZacSpins, Free Flys, etc. They are very unique. The ride itself looks like it will be fun, but it is very compact and was over-teased.

I'm not bashing the ride, the park, the manufacturer, or Six Flags. I'm just bashing the teaser campaign.

showed my kids this morning before school and they loved it, can't wait. Just wish it was a little longer track/ride time. we have a quite a few rides that are rather short. Either way, we will be there every day during the summer of 2015.

I am disappointed mostly because of the huge footprint cleared for this compact, low-capacity ride. It's not a bad addition, but it's not a major one... yet. Surely with Rockin' at Rockville closing there are more announcements to come... right?

The throughput of this ride looks to be hardly any better than Motorama, and that's saying something!

I still can't believe they didn't use either of the existing bridges in the landscaping for a coaster. They definitely teased this, and it would have been great. What a let down! Again: it's not a bad addition, but Six Flags had my expectations set way, way higher. I was expecting something like X2 and got something closer to Green Lantern.

Edited by stretchsje

I am disappointed mostly because of the huge footprint cleared for this compact, low-capacity ride. It's not a bad addition, but it's not a major one... yet.

How do you know if it's a major addition when it's a prototype coaster and you've never ridden one like it before? Sure it looks similar to a ZacSpin but by all accounts it doesn't ride like one. Personally I think it looks like fun.

I like it, looks like a neat concept that will improve upon all the issues with the ZacSpins. I'm a little skeptical of the capacity though, that's always been my issue with this ride style. I'm not sure I understand why big parks keep buying smaller, low-capacity rides.

I don't get why all the fanboys are "let down" because of the teaser campaign though. EVERYTHING is being teased these days, and there never was any precedent for a teaser campaign being used for ONLY huge additions. This ride is a pretty big deal in any case, and like it or not it will be fun and most visitors will eat it up.

I think the best part of this announcement is just the fact that S&S is still chugging along and selling coasters. They have so many great concepts that I would like to see flourish again. Please start marketing the family launched coasters again!

I was probably one of the biggest critics when this was first rumored. Now that I've seen it I think it looks pretty awesome , and will be unique to Texas. Can't wait to see the actual theming for the queue line hoping it's like the original B:TR but with an updated look.

How do you know if it's a major addition when it's a prototype coaster and you've never ridden one like it before? Sure it looks similar to a ZacSpin but by all accounts it doesn't ride like one. Personally I think it looks like fun.

Sure, it will be fun. It looks fun. I think Pandemonium ("Tony Hawk") is fun too, which is another spinning, low-capacity ride within SFFT. However, B:TR was teased as the largest announcement in park history. It's not. Again, the problem was with expectations. Judging by the video, this ride isn't going to occupy nearly the entire area that Motorama occupied and isn't going to utilize the nice landscaping in that area at all. It doesn't go under the pedestrian bridge, which was teased, nor over the Poltergeist loading station which was also teased. What an inefficient use of space! Heck, it looks to me like this ride could have been installed over Motorama with just a small amount of retracking around footers.

I'll remain optimistic for more than just B:TR. Last year, Six Flags advertised the Bahama Blaster without advertising the accompanying new children's water area and swim-up bar. The new children's pool had the largest water-slide in the park without a height restriction, making it a huge hit with my two-year-old. So, my eyes are focused on what other unannounced changes are coming to accompany the ride. Again, we still don't know what's going into the Rockin' in Rockville building, and it doesn't look like B:TR utitilizes any of the space on the north side of the pedestrian walkway where Motorama looped around.

Did everyone notice there will be a batmobile in the ride queue? I wonder which one.

^Agree. It looks fun, but it's not beating out Iron Rattler out for the top spot for the largest & most exciting announcement. I'm sure it's going to be an improvement over a Zac Spin, as it looks smoother and more graceful. It's sure to be fun!

Oh, and what's with no Gotham City re-theme after all of that teasing?

The space available behind the coaster could be used for future attractions. I think SFFT will still announce a new show and some theming around the new coaster this evening. It's better then getting a "not a coaster" flat ride.

Also to the person above complaining about the teasers. A lot of parks throw stuff out there to throw you off. It's part of the fun.

So SFFT successfully became the first park to host two coasters with I-Box tracks! It would be interesting to see how those track matches with steel pipe supports.

I was hoping this to at least have some turns. The test car of X goes on a track very similar to the one on the test field so I was expecting more than a "modified Intamin ZacSpin". But I'm still looking forward to ride this.