TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Doesn't the Six Flags chain usually only purchase 1 or 2 coasters a year? If this park does get a coaster Six Flags will be buying at least 3 coasters. Unless of course you don't count RMC as new coasters.

The 4D Spin only costs 7 million. The RMC conversions are probably 10 million or less. All three coasters added together probably still won't cost as much as what Carowinds is spending on one coaster. We'll probably never see Six Flags spend more than $20 million on one park again. Six Flags is cheap.

When was the last time they did? Kingda Ka? Naturally you can still have great coasters under 20 million but that does limit options a bit.

2006...Six Flags Over Georgia - Goliath

El Locos are alright, but my experience with the one at Indiana Beach is that it has laughably low capacity and breaks down frequently. As unpopular an opinion as it might be, what they're tearing out at Fiesta Texas is some of the best existing infrastructure from the park's construction back in the 1990s, and replacing it with a production model coaster doesn't appeal to me and makes me less likely to go back. Hopefully this is just them trying to throw people off.

Hmm...new tweet,Just overheard what is leaving forever! Headed to Rockville to see if it is true. #SFFT2015

ok, well, there are only four rides in Rockville (Power Surge (the chute the shoots) is really part of the boardwalk, despite where the entrance is), this pretty much confirms 100% Hustler is gone:

Scream -- iconic of the park -- it's not going anywhere (tho I'll bet it gets rethemed from the drive in scenario)

Motorama -- confirmed closed

Amerigoround - would a Six Flags park NOT have a carousel? It's staying

Hustler -- buh-bye

The Rocking at Rockville High show closes forever on September 1st. I hope this doesn't mean the entire area is getting re-themed, but perhaps those who suggested a Gotham makeover were onto something.

Also, the tweet, "Rockville Power and Light is installing new electrical lines. Why would a movie theater need so much power?" is interesting, too. That had me wondering if a launched coaster was going in because those have high power requirements.

Besides the balloon seemingly indicating there will be track going under the motorama bridge, #SFFT2015 has also emphasized the word "FLYING" in many recent posts. Despite lots and lots of clues recently, I think they're getting more obtuse when considered alongside some of the earlier clues.

Edited by stretchsje

They have to many singing shows anyways. They need a more fun acrobat show!

I agree with this completely.

From what I recall, the Rockville show was the only one to run year-round last year. I personally thought it was awful, but for Six Flags to get rid of the show they went all-in on last year is a bit of a surprise.

Overall, I think the park needs more indoor attractions considering the San Antonio heat. I'd love to see a 4D motion ride, even a lousy one, just as a way to take a break inside. Scooby Doo is fun but just doesn't have the throughput. Certainly I'd appreciate a more entertaining show going into Rockville High. Perhaps they could make it into a high school talent competition- more of a variety show- though I think at this point it's probable that "Rockville" is no longer going to be the theme at all. For sure, lots is changing for 2015.

Hmmm going along with this new development... If Rockville themed area is being changed to Gotham ... could we perhaps be seeing a large scale re-theme with a few new small rides with one large batman attraction... They did say "Flying" a lot... so could the old rumors SFA rumors of Batwing's removal be coming to reality. Granted we have seen no indication that SFA is removing anything (They shouldn't)! IT could also be a Superman Ultimate Flight Clone relocation from another park (but what are the chances of SF relocated a newer B&M). Texas does not have a flying coaster... and Six Flags is no stranger to ride relocation. Batwing does take up much more land than a S&S (free spin or el-loco).. but I'd hope this is a brand new custom flying... I'm sure SFFT pulls in enough money to merit new (non-relocated) rides.

Thoughts?...

I think we're looking at a brand new ride for sure, not a relocation. And I'm all in for that retheming to gotham. That wayne manor idea was good! That building could be rethemed next year on the outside, and in 2016 what if they put in a dark ride in that building? Or some sort of indoor attraction? Hustler could be rethemed and repainted to like one of the batman villains or something.

Just thinking out loud, but I think we're getting ONE new ride, and a new show. And as I said many pages ago, a re-theme of Rockville to either Gotham or DC Universe.

whatever we're looking at, I think the one new ride is going to be themed to Batman.

as Rockville will become either Gotham or DC Universe (most likely with theme extending to the Superman area. . likely meaning a re-theme of the swings and the Top Spin as well is coming).

that would mean the Shoot the Chutes would get an Aquaman name, while Scream would be something villain related.

they wouldn't touch Poltergeist, as the DC Universe/Gotham area wouldn't extend that far, assuming the new ride entrance is where Hustler was.

but that would give them 5 re-themed rides (PowerSurge, Scream, Amerigoround, Swings, TopSpin), and one new one. .

I think (even tho I mourn the loss of Rockville), that would be a good re-theme and tie in Krypton coaster to the area.

What if they are incorporate from the entrance to Superman Krypton coaster to the bridge by Poltergeist re-theme the whole area To Gotham City. Going to be interesting. The company motto is GO BIG!! GO SIX FLAGS!! Going to be a huge project for the park. The only thing is whatever they do they have pretty large shoes to fill with the removal of old favorites and staples of the park. I made a outline of a satellite image I can see Rockville area being the center of the re theme.

371542876_Untitled(2).thumb.png.13e29040f34afb7b6f5ff5262a094cb4.png

and come to think of it. . Rockville High, wouldn't make a good "Wayne Manor"..but it would make an AWESOME "Arkham Asylum"

but i do think it will remain a theater.. but maybe a villain themed show?

Rockville High just might be a Justice League Dark Ride? The whole area might just be re-themed for DC universe like suggested in a previous post. Where existing attractions are re-themed. That would be cool if they re-theme Scream and Poltergeist. I know they did say "Thrills" so it suggesting the area is going to be a very active part of the park again. It would be nice they can tie the area in with the Superman coaster. Now just wait and wait and wait for Six Flags announcement on the 28th.

A new coaster and a new show. Not once, have they said anything to lead me to believe it will be themed to Gotham. It's going to be a unique coaster that will not take up all the space. Just means you have room for future attractions. I could see a cirque style show coming in. The building won't change much since they will probably use it for Fright Fest.

A new coaster and a new show. Not once, have they said anything to lead me to believe it will be themed to Gotham. It's going to be a unique coaster that will not take up all the space. Just means you have room for future attractions. I could see a cirque style show coming in. The building won't change much since they will probably use it for Fright Fest.

we're having fun guessing, which is what Six Flags wants.

they are closing Rockin' at Rockville - which has been playing there for years, and has won multiple golden ticket awards.

why close it unless re-theme?

Fiesta is one of the few Six Flags parks without a DCUniverse section, or a Batman themed attraction.

it's *not* that much of a stretch to say that Rockville is going to retheme to either Gotham or DCU.

we'll find out in two weeks or so. . . but betting we're on to something

There has been no indication of a Gotham/DC retheme but if you look at the color of SFFT2015, Batman colors on top of a black flag now hanging from it that says World First. Also, they have tweeted about a group buying up Rockville property. My guess Wayne Enterprises or LexCorp. 9 Days away!