TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

^ As insane as you are for wanting two of the same model in one park (hello, Animal Kingdom), I'm pretty sure people in San Antonio wouldn't appreciate having a copy of a ride that's four hours away from fifteen years ago.

Doesn't SFFT already have a Batman clone? (Goliath)

I was unaware this ride even existed until now. No friggin' way. Six Flags really is that lazy to build a third clone in the same area? I mean, yeah, their second, but did they even know SeaWorld had one?

Edit - Just checked Google maps. SeaWorld and Fiesta Texas are 14.3 miles apart.

I was unaware this ride even existed until now. No friggin' way. Six Flags really is that lazy to build a third clone in the same area? I mean, yeah, their second, but did they even know SeaWorld had one?

Edit - Just checked Google maps. SeaWorld and Fiesta Texas are 14.3 miles apart.

^^

Well Six Flags had Gambit aka Batman the Ride from Six Flags New Orleans so rather than letting it sit and rot away in a closed park that they had no intention of reopening, they moved it to SFFT and marketed it as a new attraction. Most people as far as General Public don't even know that Goliath is a mirror image of Great White.

And if course the upside is that SFFT has two awesome B&M coasters because of it.

It may not make sense to coaster enthusiasts but it was a good move for SFFT regardless.

I'm sticking to my original guess. Six Flags is bringing back a historic ride with a modern twist. All their hints on twitter have had "#ACEOnline" plus the original Rockville Realty announcement mentioned "Division of ACE," and, "History in the making." ACE is dedicated to the preservation to classic or historically significant roller coasters.

But Six Flags isn't- or should I say wasn't- known for taking great care of wood coasters nor are they known for restoring old rides. That ended until their relationship with RMC started, as the refurb of the Rattler is incredible. And so it's no surprise then that Six Flags has hinted, not subtly, about more work with RMC on this ACE historic project. Recall the numerous more recent clues about "wood", "steel", and MK Bozer's announcement of tending to a "snake problem" in Rockville after working on all the other RMC projects.

Whether it's a new layout or not, I don't know, as they could be building a loose recreation of an old ride (like the "Airplane coaster) or, less likely I think, buying something used and retracking it with steel. Now that Six Flags is throwing around the 120' height, the Cycline from SFNE is a possibility.

What's more, having a historic wood coaster fits the Rockville 50's-era theming.

All the clues fit this, do they not? Sure, the park could be deliberately misleading everyone, but what's the point of guessing if one isn't going to at least follow the breadcrumbs presented?

Whether it's a new layout or not, I don't know, as they could be building a loose recreation of an old ride (like the "Airplane coaster) or, less likely I think, buying something used and retracking it with steel. Now that Six Flags is throwing around the 120' height, the Cycline from SFNE is a possibility.

It's probably not Cyclone. Cyclone's structure was swaying beyond belief it's final day. It'd be cool to see it shipped, and I would definitely go to Texas to ride it ( ), but realistically, SFI would be better (saving money I hate RMC...) by just rebuilding it from scratch.

Plus, Cyclone is getting Iron Horsed.

I'm sticking to my original guess. Six Flags is bringing back a historic ride with a modern twist. All their hints on twitter have had "#ACEOnline" plus the original Rockville Realty announcement mentioned "Division of ACE," and, "History in the making." ACE is dedicated to the preservation to classic or historically significant roller coasters.

But Six Flags isn't- or should I say wasn't- known for taking great care of wood coasters nor are they known for restoring old rides. That ended until their relationship with RMC started, as the refurb of the Rattler is incredible. And so it's no surprise then that Six Flags has hinted, not subtly, about more work with RMC on this ACE historic project. Recall the numerous more recent clues about "wood", "steel", and MK Bozer's announcement of tending to a "snake problem" in Rockville after working on all the other RMC projects.

What's more, having a historic wood coaster fits the Rockville 50's-era theming.

All the clues fit this, do they not? Sure, the park could be deliberately misleading everyone, but what's the point of guessing if one isn't going to at least follow the breadcrumbs presented?

SFGAm restored the Little Dipper! As rare and unseen as that was... I'm sure six flags would do it again if they wanted to.

Cycline from SFNE is a possibility.

1) Cyclone from SFNE is getting Iron Horsed.

2) If Six Flags didn't want it in New England why would they pay to move it to another park where it would become one of the worst coasters in the park?

3) Cyclone wasn't that good. People are only acting like it was because it's being removed. I think the coaster was mediocre at best and I'm being generous. If people loved it so much why did it have a 5 minute wait every day with one train operating? Maybe it was good when it was new but Six Flags would never pay to properly maintain such an intense wood coaster.

^ As insane as you are for wanting two of the same model in one park (hello, Animal Kingdom), I'm pretty sure people in San Antonio wouldn't appreciate having a copy of a ride that's four hours away from fifteen years ago.

I'm not seriously suggesting that this is a remote possibility in any way, rather, I'm just playfully glorifying the excellence of Batman The Ride.

I think stretchsje's point was that they could be hinting at adding a RECREATION of an older ride, with SFNE's Cyclone LAYOUT being a possibility, not that they would move Cyclone to SFFT.

I'm not sure I buy it, but that's an interesting interpretation of the clues, and it would be cool if it did turn out to be correct. I could see a new ride inspired by a classic layout as a possibility, emphasis on inspired.

I'm not seriously suggesting that this is a remote possibility in any way, rather, I'm just playfully glorifying the excellence of Batman The Ride.

Wow, not sure Batman The Ride and excellence should be mentioned in the same sentence.

Preserving historic rides is just one of the objectives of ACE, it's mainly a club for coaster enthusiasts. New types of coasters are certainly on their radar.

And so it's no surprise then that Six Flags has hinted, not subtly, about more work with RMC

As has been stated earlier RMC is supplying the track for the S&S 4D, and the 4D concept was apparently that of RMC's head designer.

Don't forget all the suggestions about the coaster flipping and diving, those don't really fit a classic wood coaster.

Cyclone from SFNE is getting Iron Horsed.

I didn't realize that was confirmed, but my point remains that they could be relocating, then restoring an old woodie with an RMC treatment. As I said, though, my money is on them making a new design that pays tribute to a classic design, such as the Rye Playland Airplane concept.

The Airplane concept is further hinted at by the posted photo of the balloon with the airplanes in the foreground. Plus, there's that youtube video, though it was clearly modeled into a different location.

If Six Flags didn't want it in New England why would they pay to move it to another park where it would become one of the worst coasters in the park?

Well again, it's not something I think is likely, but there is precedent for this even at SFFT: The Joker's Revenge. Though, that coaster moved from SFFT to SFNO. I will not pretend to understand the motivation to do so. More to the point, I would think dismantling, shipping, and reconstructing a wooden structure would be cost-prohibitive if the track itself was going to need replacement and reengineering anyway. I'm only saying the idea fits the clues presented.

Cyclone wasn't that good.

People thought that about the Rattler before it was retracked, too.

Don't forget all the suggestions about the coaster flipping and diving, those don't really fit a classic wood coaster.

Not flipping. The clue was, "Dropping & diving."

SFFT twitter:

Lots of #SFFT2015 news moving fast here! Rockville Chamber of Commerce has a potential buyer for Movie Theater and other store locations.

And

Something is going on with #SFFT2015. There are "suits" pointing and discussing Rockville's Urban Renewal. I overheard 8/19 & 8/28?

I wonder if the 8/19 is the last day hustler would be open? They haven't announced its closure, but it could happen! It could close that day, or that could be the day that they announce its closure. They might've closed motorama early because they needed to clear the area so that they could get a jump on the construction.