TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I don't know what they are doing all I know they are throwing everything around with their clues. The latest clue indicates Wood and Steel and a earlier clue on the phone message B&M. NO telling what they have plan seems like they are just throwing stuff out there to keep us guessing. 19 more days to see what happens. Because right now it is anybodies guess.

I believe this will be the S&S free spin prototype. Most of the other major US parks with Aces up their sleeves have either announced or hinted damn near what they are getting. If SFTT doesn't get it than it must be Hershey.

The footprint is large but many times parks clear a spot with more than one attraction in mind, maybe the narrow footed free spin and some new flats to replace the recent losses.

As someone who lives far away from this place, I frequent this thread and would love to go to Texas for more than just a layover, SFTT looks like a well run park and I'm happy to see it getting love.

Could the park expand if it wanted to?And where would it expand being that its enclosed by a quarry wall?

Plenty of space behind the boardwalk.

and they can always expand into the parking lot (as they did for Goliath, and the Waterpark expansion years ago)

^ And the height restriction is city mandated... They can't just decide they want it higher. I'm sure they would have done that already. What they can do is extend a first drop below ground level which, to me is more important than how tall the lift is.

What Air Force base are you referring to? And the height restriction city mandated? Titan was supposed to be installed at SFFT not SFoT. Don't think height was the issue. If anything, the La Cantera development has a say in the height restriction kinda like an HOA. they own and call the shots in how things are done in that entire development, from the mall to the new Residences at La Cantera to the Westin and to the Golf course.

^ And the height restriction is city mandated... They can't just decide they want it higher. I'm sure they would have done that already. What they can do is extend a first drop below ground level which, to me is more important than how tall the lift is.

They did before but it didnt end up too well!

V2 was closed for the start of the 2002 season while it was modified to be 150 feet tell. There is a 150 foot height limitation imposed by the city (the V2 was about 186 feet tall). This explains the mystery why the press releases claimed 150 feet tall for the V2 while other Six Flags parks with identical roller coasters advertised about 186 feet tall. I guess someone from the city noticed it was a bit taller than advertised. So, the forward tower was changed from 90 degree vertical tower to 45 degree inclined tower. The rear tower is still vertical, but shortened to 150 feet.

from rcdb

^ Even if it were a hyper, it wouldn't be like Titan. Titan was built by a company that no longer is in operation, so if there was a hyper, then it'd be by B&M and would probably be more about airtime, and not about the twists and turns that Titan has. However I'm pretty sure the park has a height limit and can't build a hyper anyways. And if they were gonna, then they would've had to file a permit, and we would've found that permit and so we can assume it won't be a hyper. I know, its sad. A hyper would be great at this park!

Camp Bullis is right next to La Cantera.

Camp Bullis isn't an Air Force base like Randolph, Lackland, and Ft Sam. It's not even an active military base, just used for training here and there.

Can anyone find the city ordinance?

Houses that are up higher on the hills in Crown Ridge are way higher.

Went to the park today

3x IR (Still like NTG better but it's still great!)

1x SUPERMAN

1x SCOOBY DOO

1x FRISBEE (SOMEONE THREW UP)

1x TONY HAWK (I'm pretty sure the que line in the building was removed)

1x SCREAM (launch seems less forceful and slower)

1x GOLIATH (I enjoyed front row but it seems abit rough)

1x BOOMERANG:CTC. (Still don't like it)

2x BUGS WWR (love this because it actually has airtime!)

4x BAHAMA BLASTER (My first drop capsule waterslide and the "1.2.3....Drop" countdown really threw me off. I rode looping and straight both 2x more thrilling than most and almost all rollercoasters)

1x POWER SURGE (Didn't get as wet as the last time I came)

1x GULLY WASHER (35 min. Wait and didn't get wet...)

1x SLINGSHOT (first time on one and it was great!)

1x Polty (broke down mid day)

1x Mortorama.. Very empty for its last day. I see a lot of potential for Premier or S&S and the ballon wasn't raised till mid day and it, itself is about 5-10ft. Tall. And they HAVE ALOT more rope to go.

How come blowout doesn't open anymore..

overall a great day for a coaster loving 13 year old.

Btw there were a bunch of mini red flags around Mortorama. If you have any questions feel free to ask.