TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

From the newest recording at "Rockvile Realty" is that as you travel through the Greater Rockville area there will be road closures and detours. I'm thinking wood walls will start going up and they're going to close off access on the "street" that leads from where the swings are down into Rockville.

Hmmmm....land prep will be starting soon. Hopefully they're shooting for a decent opening date and don't pull a SFMM.

I'd like to know too, I was thinking something like Superman Ultimate Flight like at SFDK, but maybe they're finally going to tear down the rattly old worn out S:KC and put in the long-delayed glorious Togo masterpiece, The Beehive:

That actually looks pretty badass. Imagine if that was real and built buy Giovanola. It would pull so many G's on that helix. Now if we could get Intamin to build that...

^^

As a giovanola it would have been nice but that coaster was meant to be a Togo. No bueno.

As far as the new coaster, at first I was thinking woodie but now that more hints have been dropped I'm thinking S&S free fly X coaster. And with our luck, Six Flags will call it X3.

^I'm not sure about all of those locations for the coasters but given that they said they were booked (and are even building new facilities) we know that they will have at least two, so maybe four wouldn't be that impossible.

What if RMC is building 4 new coasters next year? Iron Cyclone, Iron Colossus, a new steel coaster design at SFFT and a new wooden coaster at SFGAd? Hey, it could happen. *crossing fingers*

This RMC wood coaster rumor at Great Adventure makes absolutely no sense... it probably won't even be the best wood coaster in the park. I'd rather they get a small flat ride and spend their money fixing Nitro's train C and making whatever modifications they need to make to allow Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro to run together so Kingda Ka doesn't have 2+ hour waits every day.

A park shouldn't take on another coaster when they can't even take care of the ones they have.

Hmmm. I wonder if Hustler is safe. Thats a good question.

What if RMC is building 4 new coasters next year? Iron Cyclone, Iron Colossus, a new steel coaster design at SFFT and a new wooden coaster at SFGAd? Hey, it could happen. *crossing fingers*

This RMC wood coaster rumor at Great Adventure makes absolutely no sense... it probably won't even be the best wood coaster in the park. I'd rather they get a small flat ride and spend their money fixing Nitro's train C and making whatever modifications they need to make to allow Kingda Ka and Zumanjaro to run together so Kingda Ka doesn't have 2+ hour waits every day.

I personally just think they should get a 100 foot tall GCI twister. Not gonna happen though. I think having El Toro and an RMC in the park is a little overkill. So I am skeptical about this one.

As of Fiesta Texas, I'm starting to think maybe it isn't gonna be an RMC woodie. They keep on raising that height which leads me to believe that those will be the heights of each airtime hill. So something that is packed with airtime. And knowing how Six Flags isn't gonna spend the money on a B&M hyper, that almost rules out that option, so in conclusion I still am clueless about this new ride.

I'd like to know too, I was thinking something like Superman Ultimate Flight like at SFDK, but maybe they're finally going to tear down the rattly old worn out S:KC and put in the long-delayed glorious Togo masterpiece, The Beehive:

I know a band that could represent the ride

(Nah, the B-52s are way too awesome for a togo coaster!)

I'm just gonna come right out. I highly doubt this will be an RMC, And if it is... I'll eat my hat.

So August 28th we can possibly see a live stream on twitch.tv of you eating a hat? Come on Six Flags and RMC don't let us down!

I'm with people on the idea that this won't be another RMC. That seems unlikely and unnecessary to me. This is quite the conundrum though. When I think about what the park needs most, all that comes to mind is a solid but not groundbreaking GCI or an airtime machine. Maybe this could be something like the oft dreamed of US mega lite or something like Lightning Run at KK?

Man I wish Six Flags installed more GCI's. Or at least would put the money into a B&M hyper! Something like that is extremely marketable. A GCI isn't really as marketable, but it'd still work very well.

Not to mention, most B&M hypers are capacity machines.. Also, imo they're some of the prettiest coasters out there, as long as they have a good color scheme.

A park shouldn't take on another coaster when they can't even take care of the ones they have.

This makes SO much sense... yet they do it time and again. Something about a quick ROI via a short but YOLO looking ride (with very low capacity, to boot.) Let's be grateful that at least the corporation decided to use most/all of the former Medusa (SFMexico) and Texas Giant layouts, resulting in reasonable-length rides.

Man I wish Six Flags installed more GCI's. Or at least would put the money into a B&M hyper! Something like that is extremely marketable. A GCI isn't really as marketable, but it'd still work very well.

A top GCI is quite marketable. Great America heavily markets Gold Striker and it is easily the park's most popular attraction.

A top GCI is quite marketable. Great America heavily markets Gold Striker and it is easily the park's most popular attraction.

I think part of the reason why GS is so popular at CGA is because it's the first new coaster since 2001, which may have made it easier to market. That being said, I think a GCI or something of that nature would easily fill the void of a more traditional wooden coaster (I know Iron Rattler is a hybrid, but it does reuse segments of a wooden coaster's layout, so YOLO).