TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

As great as an RMC woodie sounds, I don't think that it will happen since they already have Iron Rattler. Even though iRat is a hybrid coaster, it sounds like the experience on RMC woodies is similar, so I'm betting that it will be some sort of steel coaster. Maybe it will be something from Premier Rides since Six Flags has gone to them a lot in recent years.

SFFT wouldn't be going through all this if it wasn't a brand new coaster. I don't see them going through all the trouble of guessing games if it was getting a transfer coaster. Also, SFFT is kind of slim on coasters compared to other Six Flags parks. They have 8. Yeah, they just got the Rattler revamp, but still only 8 coasters. They really need another coaster. Plus, as far south as San Antonio is, they could really keep this park open all year long like SFDK does. So, I can see Six Flags trying to invest more into this park. I'm expecting a big nice addition to the park...but that's just my opinion. If I had to guess, it's going to be a non looping wooden roller coaster seeing how they don't have one currently. And maybe RMC is about to give us something new we haven't seen before.

As great as an RMC woodie sounds, I don't think that it will happen since they already have Iron Rattler. Even though iRat is a hybrid coaster, it sounds like the experience on RMC woodies is similar

The GP has no idea about that, though

As great as an RMC woodie sounds, I don't think that it will happen since they already have Iron Rattler. Even though iRat is a hybrid coaster, it sounds like the experience on RMC woodies is similar

The GP has no idea about that, though

Even if they did, explain Behemoth and Leviathan at CW, or Lightning a Racers and Wildcat at HP, or Raven and The Legend at HW. It's been done before in the industry and has seemed to work out just fine! Granted, this would be going in the opposite direction (as all of those projects were small then big) but than again, Maverick came after getting TTD, El Toro came after Kingda Ka...

I highly doubt RMC as well, they seem to have a lot on the it plate already next year...

Do we know this is for sure a coaster? If it is, I'm hoping for some sort of launched coaster that goes through the quarry wall.

By the way, didn't RMC say they have a steel coaster concept on the drawing board?

Whatever it is, it wouldn't have any interaction with the quarry. The quarry wall is nowhere near this site.

It seems like this is going to be a pretty good sized project since they are implying that part of Rockville will close August 10th. This is a really exciting moment in time for us six flags fans in SATX! It's great that six flags is investing in our home park!

Has anyone thought (sorry If I missed it) they would build the last 1/3rd of Rattler? They can market it and everything Maybe they'll finish Goliath at Great America after Rattler.

(PS - those truncated designs are NOT an issue of space, they are an issue of money.) Cough up the rest of those coasters, Six Flags! YOLO!

I don't think that RMC has much more space to book. Even though they built a new facility, you need workers to set things up.

RMC has only been able to produce at max two coasters per year, and it seems like next year Magic Mountain and SFNE are going to get new coasters from them. I highly doubt that GCI will be doing this either.

^ ugh, why even bring that up?!? Lol... Thanks for the added stress!

Just being a realist here. But that doesn't mean that a coaster from RMC isn't possible. It takes about 35 construction workers per coaster, but they work for RMC.

RMC could just manufacture the track and give the design to the park. Then the park can hire an outside construction crew to do it. For example, at Holiday World the workers on site do not work for B&M they are just an outside crew.

Has anyone thought (sorry If I missed it) they would build the last 1/3rd of Rattler? They can market it and everything Maybe they'll finish Goliath at Great America after Rattler.

(PS - those truncated designs are NOT an issue of space, they are an issue of money.) Cough up the rest of those coasters, Six Flags! YOLO!

Yeah that's not gonna happen. I'm sure they took that into consideration when doing the original makeover. That would have been the time to do it when the old track was still there, it's loonnnnngggg gone now. I can see why they went straight into the brake run, you're right it was cheaper but the end was pretty boring and had to stay high to give clearance to the service road and railroad.

The makeover would had to have threaded the service road, railroad, and RR Express all while staying fast and intense. I'm betting they couldn't have worked through a difficult section like that while keeping up the intensity unless they rerouted one or more of those three. As it is now the ending of iRat is one of the best around starting at the drop off the cliff, if it already goes out with a bang why spend money extending it only to let it just peter out?

Robb hinted on what the new attraction would be during the New Hotness trip, but I don't know if it's cool of me to repeat it, so I won't. He said that we'd all be happy with what Fiesta and Great Adventure announce for next year though.

Us being happy sure sounds like it's going to probably be a coaster. Now that would total four new coaster experiences for the year (Iron colossus, Iron Cyclone, and the ones at SFFT and SFGAdv) which doesn't seem likely (2013 and 2014 had two major coasters) Now this is getting confusing. And exciting.

^^I said that partially in jest. But, you never know. As far as room for a longer Rattler or where it could go, the limit is endless. All you have to do is take a look at Grona Lund, Indiana Beach, Liseberg, etc... there is always room for what ever you want to do with a coaster track. It urks me when I hear "well, there was no space for it." It's one of the main things people say when they are talking about Goliath here at Great America. It's silly. It should be "this is what we had to do to stay in our budget." Six Flags loves to take things that aren't so cool, and try to turn them around.

Either which way, they are still fun rides. I wonder what's going in next year?

I'd like to know too, I was thinking something like Superman Ultimate Flight like at SFDK, but maybe they're finally going to tear down the rattly old worn out S:KC and put in the long-delayed glorious Togo masterpiece, The Beehive: