TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Wow! I used google maps and the picture that tnemec07 posted and figured out that the balloon is positioned about 50 feet behind the building they keep talking about, and is right next to motorama.

If they take down motorama, I can see something decently big.

When i first got to the park i couldve swore it was over motorama.

I can see the taking out both motorama and hustler since there is hardly ever a line for those to rides.

Also, for what its worth they had those cords laid down that record traffic flow at the exit of the park.

First post here. I think the clues here are "thrilling challenge," "division of ACE," and, "history in the making."

ACE is devoted to the preservation of historic, thrilling coasters. Those clues fit with one another.

The question is: which historic thrill ride is SFFT going to preserve? The Cyclone from SFNE? That ride has a small enough footprint, I think, and it closed three days ago with no explanation as to what was happening to it. It is NOT on ACE's awards list, though: http://www.aceonline.org/CoasterAwards/?type=1

Edit: maybe they're relocating and refurbishing one of the rides in this list? Some are already within the Six Flags umbrella:

http://www.aceonline.org/preservation/

Interestingly, one of the rides on that list used to be at Fiesta Texas: The Joker's Revenge, now known as Jester at SFNO, but I don't see how or why that'd return to SFFT.

So I've no idea what coaster SFFT might relocate, but that's what I'd bet on. Hopefully the coaster goes over Motorama and doesn't replace it, as doing so would really enhance Motorama, especially if it's a woodie, though the constraints of buying an existing ride probably eliminate this possibility.

Edited by stretchsje

I'm glad you had a good visit, Bobby. I used to love both Texas parks about equally, but I was just at SFOT and almost felt like I was missing out not going to SFFT. I agree that Hustler is "cute," but not at all intense.

Thank you!!!

First post here. I think the clues here are "thrilling challenge," "division of ACE," and, "history in the making."

ACE is devoted to the preservation of historic, thrilling coasters. Those clues fit with one another.

The question is: which historic thrill ride is SFFT going to preserve? The Cyclone from SFNE? That ride has a small enough footprint, I think, and it closed three days ago with no explanation as to what was happening to it. It is NOT on ACE's awards list, though: http://www.aceonline.org/CoasterAwards/?type=1

Edit: maybe they're relocating and refurbishing one of the rides in this list? Some are already within the Six Flags umbrella:

http://www.aceonline.org/preservation/

Interestingly, one of the rides on that list used to be at Fiesta Texas: The Joker's Revenge, now known as Jester at SFNO, but I don't see how or why that'd return to SFFT.

So I've no idea what coaster SFFT might relocate, but that's what I'd bet on. Hopefully the coaster goes over Motorama and doesn't replace it, as doing so would really enhance Motorama.

If it's going to be about preserving a classic, historic coaster, it'll probably be the Rye Airplane model that GCI posted on Youtube a year ago with SFFT in the background.

If it's going to be about preserving a classic, historic coaster, it'll probably be the Rye Airplane model that GCI posted on Youtube a year ago with SFFT in the background.

Perhaps, but the location modeled in that video is out past the boardwalk area by Pandemonium, not in the Rockville/Motorama area.

I was looking at the list of coasters thay ACE had awarded and there was one that stuck out like a sore thumb. Big Dipper from Geauga Lake park. It is SBNO and they have been trying to relocate it. I think that could be it or it could be a Cyclone clone.

With all that has been put into this so far and what is likely to come down; I think we can count on a slightly special attraction. It may not be a 500ft, launch, inverted, hybrid, aquatrax, mega coaster(well do not rule that out)... But this should be a somewhat unique attraction/concept I would imagine. This is by far the most pre hype that the park has ever put behind something.

With all that has been put into this so far and what is likely to come down; I think we can count on a slightly special attraction. It may not be a 500ft, launch, inverted, hybrid, aquatrax, mega coaster(well do not rule that out)... But this should be a somewhat unique attraction/concept I would imagine. This is by far the most pre hype that the park has ever put behind something.

You think more than Iron Rattler?

All they did with iRat was shutt the rattler down...and lets us speculate even though some of us knew what was coming...

Other than a curtain call and special final ride. IRat was not very hyped by the park prior to the announcement. We are at least a month or so away from the official announcement and already we have had Phone Numbers and balloons. By the time they get the announcement going I am sure there will be a few more unique little tid bits they give out.

I do not know if the community will be as thrilled by this announcement as it was for IRat, but I just think overall this will be something on the more unique side of things which will of course stir debate! This is just pure speculation or something like that on my part.

TBH Airplane Coaster has the kind of layout I imagine was amazing and different in the 1940s or 1950s and won't be so now, so hopefully they manage to squeeze some great thrills out of it. I'm still confused as to why they'd build that ride specifically, but it isn't like I'm gonna complain about a new wooden coaster.

I don't know about you all but, I'm excited about what great new theming they will do to that area of Rockville. It would be great if they updated the entire space of Rockville with new decor (yet still one of a kind and appropriate... We all know Six Flags and theming...)! Whatever it is I think it'll be a first for the chain. I was a VIP tour guide at the park and even worked there for 9 years. It's always been a favorite park of upper management no matter who the CEO was at the time... It seems like management is really wanting to invest in SFFT and make it even more of a chain flagship park.

So it IS the airplane coaster! The original was 92ft tall, the same height of the balloon. Plus, the most recent photo was taken with airplanes in the foreground.

Seems like Motorama and Hustler will have to go along with reforming some walkways and moving the Rockville restrooms. That's a lot of work. I'd still love to see the coaster be built above Motorama rather than replacing it (think: Antique Cars at Knoebels, threading around the Phoenix's track) but I don't think that's possible with the Airplane's layout.

The original Airplane looked like fun, and I hope it still is today despite GCI's more tightly fitting lap bars on individual seats.

Edited by stretchsje

This was tweeted by Jeffery Siebert on 04/28/2014... Could this be an early and obscure clue??? There's a bunch of wood on the staircase for Bahama Blaster (which they were building at the time) but, why would they ask if it was too early to sing b/c we already knew about the 2014 attraction... Plus, why advertise a staircase...? Lol

image.thumb.jpg.15d6731225dc59065d8e402773c0f616.jpg

Edited by IRat2015