TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

So I finally went to this park this past Saturday. Let me start with how beautiful this park is. The themeing is pretty good in my opinion. My favorite sections are Crackaxle Canyon, Rockville, and Fiesta Bay Boardwalk. This and SFNE are now my two favorites looks wise. I also enjoyed the layout and how easy it was to get around the park. In my opinion the park was really crowded so we opted to get the gold Flash Pass so we did not have to rush all over the park. I LOVE this option so I can actually stop and enjoy things instead of having to make sure I get to certain rides at certain times of the day. This came in handy because without it I probably would not have been able to ride every ride in the park that was open (not counting the kiddie rides of course) multiple times.

In my opinion the operations were really good on most rides. The only issues I had were them not filling trains when the lines were 2+ hours for some coasters, the girl running the Whirligig did not let us on when there were empty seats (I counted 10), and there should be two operaters at the Hustler since they have to go and unlock each gondola one by one.

They have some decent flats. The Hustler was fun but REALLY hard to spin. Even the operator told me some are hard to spin after I ask him about it. Twister runs a terrible program. It only flips twice. The preparation of the ride last longer then the ride it self it seems, especially when they have to put up the restraints after already putting them down. Scream was a surprise hit for me. I normally do not like S&S towers because they do not fall "heavy" like other drop towers. However, I love that it both shoots you up and then drops you. I have never been on one that does that. Frisbee was really fun but the program runs way too long. It seemed to run double what others do. The Scooby Doo dark ride was a nice way to get out of the heat and luckily its on Flash Pass because it was over an hour wait. I was statisfied with Waverunner's cycle as well. The Sky Screamer was fun as usual. I love that you can see the entire park from the top. Whirligig looks so small with Sky Screamer so close. Gully Washer was OK in my opinion. Not as good as Dorneys and not worth the 50 minutes we waited (I know its on the Flash Pass, there were 3 of us and we only paid for 2 since my BF does not ride anything but the train and this). This was the first park I ever been to and seen a long line for a up charge ride - the sling shot had a decent line all day. The flume was good in my opinion. I enjoyed the little up hill action after the first drop. Motorama was cute.

I loved all of the coasters. We rode Goliath first and after waiting 35-40 minutes that is when we decided to get the flash pass. It was a enjoyable coaster and I had no head banging at all. Their Pandamonium was really fun and the car spun really fast. This was a walk on all morning which was pretty neat. Poltergiest is so much more fun then Joker's Jinx at SFA. Iron Rattler is a really fun coaster but also really short. We rode it quite a few times. I never rode front seat but the back seat was my favorite. The Boomerang was surprisingly really good - I had no head banging. Also I have never seen a boomerang have a 2+ hour long line before. The first half of Road Runner Express was really fun. I did not like coming right out of a helix into the breaks. I was anticipating more. But it was still fun.

We skipped the water park totally because it had a 30+ minute wait just to get into it. Also with Schlitterbahn so close everything else is just so mediocre. Also the only show I watched was the one at the end of the night. I was not interested in any others. For some reason I just do like shows where they do snippets of other songs. I'd rather see original shows.

Nice TR! Glad you had a great time at the park. Truly does have some of the best theming in the chain but then again it is probably the newest park in terms of age. Unfortunately there's some theming the current management has ruined in Spassburg by ruining the facade of Mueller's gift shop and turning it into Studio 6F Coffee bar but at least the majority of the park has been kept true to it's original theming.

Thanks for the TR! I do very much agree with you that twister's cycle is TERRIBLE. It used to be great and flipped you over more times than I can count.

In other news: I was at the park yesterday and was able to peek inside the building (through a hole in the tint) that is "for sale". Nothing has begun in the building. All you that is in there is some prizes for the soccer game next door.

Nice TR! Glad you had a great time at the park. Truly does have some of the best theming in the chain but then again it is probably the newest park in terms of age. Unfortunately there's some theming the current management has ruined in Spassburg by ruining the facade of Mueller's gift shop and turning it into Studio 6F Coffee bar but at least the majority of the park has been kept true to it's original theming.

they ruined the themeing in Rockville in front of Hustler with that awful Basketball game too.

I know it's super popular. . but just completely blows how beautiful the Hustler ride really is when coming from the boardwalk.

I'm glad you had a good visit, Bobby. I used to love both Texas parks about equally, but I was just at SFOT and almost felt like I was missing out not going to SFFT. I agree that Hustler is "cute," but not at all intense.

This may seem far-fetched... but I noticed a few things in this picture.

One a picture of a spinning ride in the foreground, two the letters HUS with the rest of the ride name, "HUSTLER" cut off, and three I balloon in the air which appears to be between Hustler and Sky screamer.

reaching very far with this... and taking the HUS as a hint... I am thinking HUSS, and I am also thinking of a ride that goes up in the air and spins and I couldn't help to think of the recent post on screamscape regarding HUSS re-introducing their new Condor 2G (2nd Generation) which they claim is drawing some industry attention for this classic ride.

Huss Rides - (7/15/14) Huss Rides has announced the launch of the Condor G2 ride system, after the first one just opened in June at Happy Valley Beijing. The G2 version features the same 31 meter tall central tower with four arms of rotating cars, each of which has seven two-person gondolas than swing outwards as they spin.

www.screamscape.com

^So there is a reason I've seen a few people talk about parks getting new Condor rides. I missed that, so I thought such ideas were pretty far-fetched, considering that the old Condors are quickly becoming as endangered as the birds they're named for.

^^I've only been on Flying Falcon @ Hersheypark but it was a hell of a lot of fun. I hope more parks purchase the Condor 2s but the reliability of the original Condors wasn't the best.....

Who am I kidding?! Huss rides in general have horrible reliability.

As much as I like Condor at SFGam, I'm not sure that Six Flags would invest in one. Also the ballon appears to be above sky screamer, making it seem it will be taller then it, unless it will be the tallest condor ride.Just my interpretation of the clue.

Could it also be a reference to hight? Hyper coaster maybe? I know a drop tower of any type is out since there is already an S&S... Just a thought, I know it's most likely not going to happen, as we have yet to see Six Flags dump that much money into SFFT that quickly...

If it is a Condor2, this seems like a lot of hype for something really not that impressive...

I was just at the park. Snooped around a little bit. The picture is me standing right in front of the hustler looking toward the west. The ballon is located right behind the buildings in their tweets (obviously). It is maybe only 50-75 ft high off the ground.

20140722_141047.thumb.jpg.3fef5ab8c142d1acb1fd1bdc1ff183f8.jpg

^Have you been on one? No sarcasm, legitimate question. I thought Flying Falcon @ Hersheypark looked lame but I ended up enjoying myself thoroughly.

Yes, I was at Hersheypark back in June. Condor is a great ride! Very entertaining, and fun. I'm thinking more along lines of the thoughts of the general public. Going from putting in IRAT to putting in a Condor2, just doesn't seem like it equates to all this internal hype. Especially when you see how Six Flags has been announcing all of their new rides throughout the chain in one press release.

It reminds me a little bit of the experience of when they put in sky screamer at great adventure after the year of Green Lantern... It really wasn't hyped up as a large addition to the park complete with rumors and internal focus throughout the park during the season before it was built. I think we're looking at something a little bit larger than just an amazing flat ride...

Then again, we could all be wrong and it could be something small and they're just making a big hype out of it because they can. When you think about the cost of putting up a balloon on the string and tweeting out a picture, publicity is taking care of itself at pretty low cost.