TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

• 2 weeks later...

I must say, I have always loved the Iron Rattler emblem on the lift hill. It's a great aesthetic piece and gives the coaster a kind of signature. It would be nice to see other coasters get emblems.

Rooster Teeth + RMC = I am a happy human

The Brit who, at the end, said he was going down "faster than gravity" also once said that cars had "headlight fluid," just for some perspective on his character. That was actually the most intelligent I'd seen him in a long time...

My family drove down from DFW last week and got another chance to ride IRAT again. Last time we rode in the front car, and to be honest, after riding Texas Giant at our home park so much, we were underwhelmed. The pause at the top of the hill kills it for the awesome drop awaiting, if you are in the front. We like speed! So this time we went closer to the back and had a very different and way better experience!! Rattler is way awesome in the back!

On a different note, what is with Superman closing 30 minutes before the park closes? Is that the norm? We got there at 8:24, and there was a sign blocking the entrance saying it closes at 8:30. Us and another couple looked our phones and it wasn't even 8:30 yet, and the park closes at 9, not 8:30!! It wasn't closed over a break down because it was running with a train full of people. Why that ride and not the others? We went on to ride Poltergeist and pretty miffed at that! It's not like there was a 30 min wait to get on. My kids and I rode it earlier and wasn't in there more than 10 mins. My husband joined us after work and went to ride with him and that's what we found.

Superman's closure was our only complaint from our visit. The Lone Star Nights show was great! We loved it.

It wasn't a trip spoiler, just irritating. Especially since they didn't even wait till 8:30, like they have posted. Probably more like 8:15 or 8:20, as we were there at 8:24 and it had already been there.

We are planning to go back real soon. My husband goes down there for work a lot. I guess we'll make sure we get our Superman rides in first.

I just ordered a Six Flags Fiesta Texas ticket online, and it gave me the option to choose from a calendar for the day I wanted the buy my ticket for. I chose July 1st because that's when I plan to go for a few friends. I purchased this ticket on June 15th.

After purchasing my ticket and receiving the printable ticket, however, the Instructions on the ticket said "valid for date of purchase" and "to use this ticket on any other date, pay an additional upcharge fee." The date of purchase, of course, says June 15, 2014. I would like to know why the ticket that I purchased for July 1st doesn't say July 1st and if I'll have to pay extra for something I just paid $60 for.

I have emailed SF Customer Support and despite their claims to respond within 7 business days, it's been 11, and still no reply. I have called them repeatedly to either be on hold for 45 minutes, or to have the line immediately disconnect.

Will I have to pay extra to "upgrade" the ticket? If so, Six Flags basically just scammed me. If I use a document editor and change the date to July 1st like it was supposed to be, would it work without the wrongful upgrade fee?

• 2 weeks later...
Maybe just in time for Fright Fest. Anyone know how long they've been keeping the backwards train on the other BTR's?

I don't really understand why it would move to SFFT as it's really close to SFOT and wouldn't be as big of a draw (My guess) So I think next year it will be SFStL and SFOG.

Supposed to make my first trip to the park on the 19th. I hate that its a Saturday but I gotta go when I get the chance, right? I look forward to finally seeing this park. My partner who grew up in Texas says its a pretty park. I sure hope all the coasters are running. Flash Lane I am sure if a definite?

If you're planning on going in the morning when the park opens, you shouldn't need a flash pass. Bypass Goliath at the front of the park and go straight to iRat. Once you do iRat then get a ride on Roadrunner Express. Then make your way over to S:KC then poltergeist. I've always saved Goliath and Boomerang up front until the end. Of course you still have Sky Screamer, Scream, and Pandemonium to ride as well. Which you should be able fit in.

The only time I would suggest a Flash pass is if you see tons of Buses in the parking area close to the water park and the parking lot more than 1/2 of its capacity. The good thing is that lots of people hit White Water Bay so tends to get people outta dry side of the park.

It's a very nice park in a great setting. Hope you enjoy your first visit.

Supposed to make my first trip to the park on the 19th. I hate that its a Saturday but I gotta go when I get the chance, right? I look forward to finally seeing this park. My partner who grew up in Texas says its a pretty park. I sure hope all the coasters are running. Flash Lane I am sure if a definite?

Fiesta is a "show" park.

you will regret it if you don't take in "Rockville" and whatever show is playing in Zaragoza (the big theater in Los Festivales).

If you enjoy Country music, there are a couple of good bands performing in amphitheaters thruout the park, and the group that plays in the beer-hall (in the "German" section) near Bugs Bunny Rapids is quite fun too, if you can time your meal to their schedule.

but really. . don't bypass the two big shows.

Edited by bert425

^^

I agree. My favorite was always the country show I'm CrackAxle Canyon. They've had some good shows in Zaragoza theatre in the past so hope they're still doing that. The Rockville show is cool too.

I guess it's all gonna depend on what you're into but definitely don't miss the fireworks show at the end of the night. (That might require a separate free ticket so research that)

Maybe just in time for Fright Fest. Anyone know how long they've been keeping the backwards train on the other BTR's?

I don't really understand why it would move to SFFT as it's really close to SFOT and wouldn't be as big of a draw (My guess) So I think next year it will be SFStL and SFOG.

These two parks are over 4 hours apart, and in completely different metropolitan areas. The majority of the population don't visit both SFFT and SFOT regularly, so I can't see how that would have much effect on how the masses react to the backward trains. Not to mention the fact that being ten minutes away from an identical coaster (Great White) didn't stop Six Flags from installing a BTR clone at Fiesta.

As a native Texan and frequent SFOT season pass holder, I'm almost ashamed to say I've never been to SFFT. I've only SEEN the park once a couple years ago when my wife and I were on our way out of San Antonio from a quick day-trip and stopped at the La Cantera mall. We'll change that in a couple weeks, though. We'll make the 5 1/2 hour drive down on Wednesday the 23rd. We should make it there in time to have a few hours to check out the park a bit that evening. We'll spend Thursday in the park and since my wife and daughter are fish with legs, we'll go to the water park on Friday. I might have to desert them in the water park on Friday to go take in some more rides on the coasters. I'm looking forward to it. We're giving ourselves enough time to enjoy ourselves without having to be rushed for anything.

Fiesta is a "show" park.

you will regret it if you don't take in "Rockville" and whatever show is playing in Zaragoza (the big theater in Los Festivales).

If you enjoy Country music, there are a couple of good bands performing in amphitheaters thruout the park, and the group that plays in the beer-hall (in the "German" section) near Bugs Bunny Rapids is quite fun too, if you can time your meal to their schedule.

but really. . don't bypass the two big shows.

If you're planning on going in the morning when the park opens, you shouldn't need a flash pass. Bypass Goliath at the front of the park and go straight to iRat. Once you do iRat then get a ride on Roadrunner Express. Then make your way over to S:KC then poltergeist. I've always saved Goliath and Boomerang up front until the end. Of course you still have Sky Screamer, Scream, and Pandemonium to ride as well. Which you should be able fit in.

The only time I would suggest a Flash pass is if you see tons of Buses in the parking area close to the water park and the parking lot more than 1/2 of its capacity. The good thing is that lots of people hit White Water Bay so tends to get people outta dry side of the park.

It's a very nice park in a great setting. Hope you enjoy your first visit.

Thank you for the information but I am weird. When I go to parks I pick a ride and go around in a circle. I HATE jumping from one side of a park to another. I go from ride to ride. Plus I am going with a none enthusiast group so it will be hard to convince them to do all that.

I have heard they have nice shows. My partner is a none rider (sucks falling for someone who hates rides lol) so I am sure we will end up going to a few shows.

Thank you for the information but I am weird. When I go to parks I pick a ride and go around in a circle. I HATE jumping from one side of a park to another. I go from ride to ride. Plus I am going with a none enthusiast group so it will be hard to convince them to do all that.

I have heard they have nice shows. My partner is a none rider (sucks falling for someone who hates rides lol) so I am sure we will end up going to a few shows.

Glad to hear you will get to do the shows. .they are good.

if you are going to insist on "circular" travel around the park, here's what I'd do:

Still skip Goliath (near the front) and Boomerang. and go directly to Irat:

1) IRat

2) Roadrunner Express - bactracking just a LITTLE bit, as it's right next to iRat, but you'll want iRat first.

3) continue counter clockwise (Gullywasher Rafts if you want to get soaked), if not, Skyscreamer

4) Superman Krypton Coaster

5) (thru kiddieland, and Topspin & Wave Swinger -- if you're into that..if not:) Hustler in Rockville (teacups themed to pool table).

6) Scream Drop tower

7) right to the Boardwalk for Pandemonium

8) Frisbee

9) Scooby Doo, ferris wheel, or anything else on boardwalk -- if you're into that. If not, then back towards main gates hitting Poltergeist (launched coaster) on the way

10) in German section, hang a left at the fountain for Bugs Bunny Rapids -- a nicely themed flume.

11) Boomerang

12) Goliath (at the front gate).

grab a show schedule, and try to time passing shows as they are within a 1/2 hour of starting, so you can get in line.

that's how I'd do it

(and yeah, I left off some rides, but it's all stuff we typically skip. . so if I don't like it, you won't like it )

Depending how hot it is, you may not need a flash pass. If I remember correctly from the TPR tour, most of the people were at the waterpark as it was so hot outside. All of the rides were walk-ons. I would definitely wait and see when you get there.

Fiesta Texas is a beautiful park. I definitely want to go back someday. Especially since iRat was closed during our visit.

Out of all the coasters besides iRat, I would say Goliath (one of the best batman clones), Superman, Poltergeist and Road Runner Express (a fairly intense mine train) are not to be missed.

Also do not miss the "Texas-themed" laser show at the end of the night. It's really good.

Have fun!