TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Just got back from the park today. If they are shooting for a Memorial Day Opening, they are going to need a miracle. (Sorry I forgot to take a picture). The slides still haven't made much progress and SF posted on their Facebook page pictures of the new pool/bar. It appears they are still pouring the cement for it. So who knows? Maybe SF can do it and open for Memorial Day weekend but I'm doubtful.

Just got back from the park today. If they are shooting for a Memorial Day Opening, they are going to need a miracle. (Sorry I forgot to take a picture). The slides still haven't made much progress and SF posted on their Facebook page pictures of the new pool/bar. It appears they are still pouring the cement for it. So who knows? Maybe SF can do it and open for Memorial Day weekend but I'm doubtful.

Anything can happen and I believe it will open as its just a slide tower, but Texas especially Central Texas had really bad weather this past winter/early spring. Hawaiian Falls in Pflugerville (a new water park) might push back its opening until the first week of June due the weather we received.

In addition, construction crews have lost 28 working days to inclement weather since December.

Link

But I don't understand SFFT as it's just 4 body slides and not a new water park like Hawaiian Falls.

^^

I totally agree with alilstronger. There's nothing wrong with the posts. All of the statements about the coaster make sense to me.

If the statement "leaves you wanting for nothing" confused you....it simply means that the ride was fulfilling which means the coaster had everything they wanted. Hope that clears things up for you.

^^

I totally agree with alilstronger. There's nothing wrong with the posts. All of the statements about the coaster make sense to me.

If the statement "leaves you wanting for nothing" confused you....it simply means that the ride was fulfilling which means the coaster had everything they wanted. Hope that clears things up for you.

Thank you!

^ Looks good! This is now my home park and I can not wait to FINALLY visit. Trying for a late July visit.

• 2 weeks later...

I went last Friday (6/614) to the commercial shoot for Bahama Blaster and I had a great time with my two other friends. The ride is in such a great location as there is only two other slides near the wave pool (Hill Country Racer and Tornado) and now Bahama Blaster can pull guest from the wave pool area.

The employees keep on saying that Bahama Blaster is the steepest water slide in the world, Is that accurate? As from what I've seen through pictures is that Bahama Blaster looks very similar to the slides at Riptide Bay at Six Flags Great America. Are they both sharing the record, or did somehow SFFT made theirs more unique?

Other than that Bahama Blaster is a hit with me, and I give it two thumbs up. The ride is tall for it being in its location and being on top of the complex you can see the whole entire park. Never been in on a drop-box style slide/s before so free-falling down a slide was freaking scary.

----

When we went to the dry side of the park, I don't know if it has been reported or not (but I haven't seen or heard anything) but Pandemonium has a new operating system to load guest on to the coaster faster and changed the layout of their queue. I was very surprised that they blocked off the queue that was inside the fun house type building, was it because of the new haunted house they had last year?. I think that is a great idea and proud of the improvements. But me and my friends rode Pandemonium 4 times without getting off as there was not a huge crowd at the park all day.

002.thumb.JPG.a5d09989cb2dff3e27db76cd6a9540a4.JPG

004.thumb.JPG.33ab76eeb909bf9ebdcb7fe4787b6a85.JPG

005.thumb.JPG.71d249af50cbffe84f04ff81db964145.JPG

006.thumb.JPG.d5ab5b8fcf359d024d4e190b7cc2678f.JPG

^Frankly with SFFT having a no lose articles in the station for Tony Hawk's Big Spin/Pandemonium, they should put some bunnies by the queue house for riders to store lose articles in instead having the just leave lose articles with a non rider rule!

^ with that being said, they did let us bring our backpack on the ride. The bag had its first coaster ride as it sat next to me and it enjoyed the ride! The park doesn't enforce guest to put stuff in the bunnies and you can just leave it on the side to pick up after the ride. Only on Pandemonium and the log ride the operators told us that we had to bring our bags on the ride with us.

^No rider really likes it when parks have a rule for some rides that you have to rent a bunny to store your loose articles including bags, but it could be an option for SFFT to have a rule for some ride (like Tony Hawk's Big Spin/Pandemonium) for riders to either rent a bunny to store your loose articles including bags or leave bags and loose article with a non rider.