TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I'm going to Fiesta Texas in April 25th and 26th. Any tips or advice for the park?

Not so much advice but something to keep in mind. April isn't usually too busy of a time for the parks, especially with you going two days you will be fine. However, late April usually begins the band festival invasion. Pretty much band/orchestra/choir kids compete in a competition at a nearby school and apart of the competition you get to go to Six Flags. It's just an excuse for a band trip. haha. So keep in mind the park might be swarming with middle/high school kids. If you drive into parking and see a bunch of charter buses/school buses on the right side, your in for an interesting time. Hopefully it shouldn't be too bad and I hope you have a fun trip with good weather! Be sure to see the 2 shows as well!

I'm going to Fiesta Texas in April 25th and 26th. Any tips or advice for the park?

Not so much advice but something to keep in mind. April isn't usually too busy of a time for the parks, especially with you going two days you will be fine. However, late April usually begins the band festival invasion. Pretty much band/orchestra/choir kids compete in a competition at a nearby school and apart of the competition you get to go to Six Flags. It's just an excuse for a band trip. haha. So keep in mind the park might be swarming with middle/high school kids. If you drive into parking and see a bunch of charter buses/school buses on the right side, your in for an interesting time. Hopefully it shouldn't be too bad and I hope you have a fun trip with good weather! Be sure to see the 2 shows as well!

I'm doing 1/2 days on both. Sea World/Six Flags on the 25th and Schlitterbahn/Six Flags on the 26th

• 2 weeks later...

So I went back to grab a ride on Superman and Irat after my attempt a couple of weeks ago was foiled by high winds. I drove over from Houston and got to the park at opening. I went straight to Irat and it was closed. The worker said it opens at 11. I ask why and his response is that it is the last ride to get tested and opens late everyday. I walk away wondering why their most popular ride opens last. Start testing 30 minutes earlier so it can be open when the park opens. So anyway I only have a short time in the park because I needed to head to Galveston and Kemah that day to grab those 2 coasters. So I thought I have 15 minutes I can grab Superman. I go over ride that twice and head to Irat. I walk up right at 11 which was minutes after it opened. Guess what? ONE TRAIN OPS!!! 30 minute wait within minutes of opening. Not enough employees you might say. No 1 unload, 1 load, 1 driving, 3 standing in driving booth talking to each other. So one of the most popular rides on a weekend running 1 train.

I'm doing 1/2 days on both. Sea World/Six Flags on the 25th and Schlitterbahn/Six Flags on the 26th

just my 2cents?

but that's a mistake.

you ABSOLUTELY should plan full day for Schlitterbahn. It's a huge place, with lots and lots of slides (and on a busy day?. . lots of standing in lines).

Sea World is very spread out in San Antonio, but you can very likely do that and Fiesta in the same day, particularly if Fiesta isn't very crowded.

just my 2cents?

but that's a mistake.

you ABSOLUTELY should plan full day for Schlitterbahn. It's a huge place, with lots and lots of slides (and on a busy day?. . lots of standing in lines).

Sea World is very spread out in San Antonio, but you can very likely do that and Fiesta in the same day, particularly if Fiesta isn't very crowded.

Schlitterbahn is definitely an ALL day adventure - from open to close. They have so many AWESOME river rides. The Falls is so good. I could go around and around so many times. The only one I did not like is The Congo - that was the most boring one. The only slide I did not like was the Dragon on the newer side - it seemed to just be uphill and did not have any good drops.

I should probably add a few notes:

- I'm skipping Aquatica at SeaWorld and many of the non-coasters (That should chop off several hours )

- I have front of the line passes for 2 Schlitterbahn things (Let's say I got them from a Group that is also the name of a chain that's the helpful place)

- I only plan to do a couple of things at Schlitterbahn (Master Blaster, Falls, Dragons Revenge, and the Torrent) Everything else looks like stuff I can ride at SFGAm. I plan to be there from 10-3pm.

- I'm skipping Aquatica at SeaWorld and many of the non-coasters (That should chop off several hours )

- I have front of the line passes for 2 Schlitterbahn things (Let's say I got them from a Group that is also the name of a chain that's the helpful place)

- I only plan to do a couple of things at Schlitterbahn (Master Blaster, Falls, Dragons Revenge, and the Torrent) Everything else looks like stuff I can ride at SFGAm. I plan to be there from 10-3pm.

that's kinda like going to DisneyLand and only doing Thunder and Space Mountain.

Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels is the original (Mama) park. You really SHOULD take the time to enjoy the whole park (and like I said it's HUGE).

Fiesta has a waterpark too (included in the admission, tho I don't know if they are open yet for the season in April, I think it's usually late May). But yeah, skip that one even if open, as you said, you can do it at a Six Flags park.

but Schlitterbahn is NOT a Six Flags park. You're missing out, if you don't spend the full day there.

again, just my 2cents.

and funny that you're coming from Illinois to Texas that weekend, while I'm going from Texas to Illinois (Chicago for C2E2).

^ AGREE 100% percent. I did not think Schlitterbahn was going to be fun because the old side does not really have that many slide style rides. Well I was proven wrong. The river style rides are way more fun then the slides on the newer side. The Hillside Tube Chute, Raging River Tube Chute, and White Water Tube Chute are REALLY good chutes. Cliffhanger is really fun too.

Now I want to visit all of the Schlitterbahn parks for the river rides. I will hopefully be going to Galveston's Memorial Day weekend.

that's kinda like going to DisneyLand and only doing Thunder and Space Mountain.

Schlitterbahn in New Braunfels is the original (Mama) park. You really SHOULD take the time to enjoy the whole park (and like I said it's HUGE).

Fiesta has a waterpark too (included in the admission, tho I don't know if they are open yet for the season in April, I think it's usually late May). But yeah, skip that one even if open, as you said, you can do it at a Six Flags park.

but Schlitterbahn is NOT a Six Flags park. You're missing out, if you don't spend the full day there.

again, just my 2cents.

and funny that you're coming from Illinois to Texas that weekend, while I'm going from Texas to Illinois (Chicago for C2E2).

I have free admission to Shedd Aquarium almost anytime I want.

Schlitterbahn when you take out the West part of it (So just the Blastenhoff, Tubenbach, and Surfenburg) and the kids areas and the slides I can ride at SFGAm almost whenever I want (Black Knight, Wolf Pack, Boogie Bahn, Han's Hideout) there isn't alot left.

I usually started at Goliath up front. Then Boomerang, Roadrunner Express, Rattler, then around to Superman Krypton Coaster, Pandemonium, then Poltergeist.

Now I'd probably go straight to Iron Rattler then work your way around counter clockwise. That's what usually works for me. Just depends on what's most important to you.

I usually started at Goliath up front. Then Boomerang, Roadrunner Express, Rattler, then around to Superman Krypton Coaster, Pandemonium, then Poltergeist.

Now I'd probably go straight to Iron Rattler then work your way around counter clockwise. That's what usually works for me. Just depends on what's most important to you.

Yeah, Goliath at opening never has much of a line, because a lot of folks miss the signage, and don't realize that the entrance to the coaster is just off the main gate!

other than skipping Boomerang (why ride that!). that's a workable plan.

but what I'd do:

Ride Goliath, then head around the park counter clockwise.

Tho I'd do Iron Rattler, before Road Runner (they are right next to each other, and most folks get in line for Roadrunner first, because they don't realize the Rattler line entrance is literally like 50 feet further)

Thanks. I do remember rattler being next to roadrunner, and it seems like I should use the same plan as last time...any predictions on crowds for Easter Sunday? I'd like to save money and avoid the qbot if possible.

Thanks. I do remember rattler being next to roadrunner, and it seems like I should use the same plan as last time...any predictions on crowds for Easter Sunday? I'd like to save money and avoid the qbot if possible.

if you read thru this thread, you'll note that (in my opinion) Fiesta is notorious for running only one train on busy days (to up the Fast Pass sales, I'd guess).

the good thing is that Fiesta does have some really fun flats, and for the most part, the coaster lines move fast

(tho on a busy day, I've seen waits on Pandemonium and Scooby Doo reach well over 2 hours).

if you read thru this thread, you'll note that (in my opinion) Fiesta is notorious for running only one train on busy days (to up the Fast Pass sales, I'd guess).

the good thing is that Fiesta does have some really fun flats, and for the most part, the coaster lines move fast

(tho on a busy day, I've seen waits on Pandemonium and Scooby Doo reach well over 2 hours).

Any coasters/rides with single rider lines?

Any coasters/rides with single rider lines?

Pandemonium/Tony Hawk used to, but they have redone the line since Halloween. (There was a halloween maze in the line this past year). So I'm not 100% they still have the single rider line.

• 2 weeks later...
Can any one tell me what the park capacity might be on Memorial weekend??!!

Also how is the weather usually at that time?

Just trying to think a little ahead. Thanks

Roxanne

Memorial day weekend can be a little crazy. I recommend going early and being there for opening. As far as the weather, it's anyone's guess. When I worked at SFFT back in the day, we had Memorial day weekends that were awesome weather and packed and then we had some that were total rain outs. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and everything will be running at full capacity.

Good luck!