TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

It may be possible, but unlikely in my opinion, that SFFT would invest in a new coaster the year after throwing gobs of money at morphing the Rattler into Iron Rattler. That doesn't mean, however, that they wouldn't move a gently used coaster into the pictured field. There is already a lot of speculation about the X in eXtreme referring to X2 at SFMM, but that just doesn't seem like a good fit. But, there is another X coaster that is a possibility, namely the X coaster at Magic Springs. It was supposed to be removed last season, but wasn't because they couldn't take it apart in time. Just food for thought.

Based on the location in the picture, it looks like the land near White Water Bay/Crackaxle Canyon. A new water slide or two would be a welcome addition, IMO. I think the last new water slide was Tornado and that was....2007? 2008? I'm not 100% sure on the date.

I'm still holding out for this as well, but I doubt that we will get a new coaster the year after Iron Rattler.[youtu_be]

[/youtu_be]

I've been reading and I guess SFFT is building a new coaster in Austin or Houston according to the Facebook comments. Not sure how they got that even started from the photo posted. The sad part was the posts keep coming even after SFFT said it was for a new attraction, not location.

Anyways, my guess is a crazy water slide for the water park.

I'm trying to picture what else the park could even use at this point. In terms of coasters they have an airtime machine, a floorless, an invert, a Premier launcher, a family spinner, a mine train, a Boomerang, a kiddie. I don't think the park needs any more coasters (maybe some type of decent woodie, GCI?) and I think they'll focus on the water park for a little bit right now. Their water park looks to have a decent collection, something new and stand out can definitely help it compete with the (arguably) world's best water park up the road in New Braunfels.

I'm trying to picture what else the park could even use at this point. In terms of coasters they have an airtime machine, a floorless, an invert, a Premier launcher, a family spinner, a mine train, a Boomerang, a kiddie. I don't think the park needs any more coasters (maybe some type of decent woodie, GCI?) and I think they'll focus on the water park for a little bit right now. Their water park looks to have a decent collection, something new and stand out can definitely help it compete with the (arguably) world's best water park up the road in New Braunfels.

They are missing a wacky worm!

I could at least Imagine an B&M Flyinng Coaster (but somehow that could be impossible in my opinion) an B&M Sitting Coaster, (to me the Time Machine from Free Style Music Park would be great, but doesn't look suitable for the park), a B&M Hyper (I always Imagine something like Apollo's Chariot BGW, & Nitro SFGAdv, my thought about this is I think a B&M Hyper would be Magnificent for the park).

This is just a guess!

In terms of coasters... I think this park could use a flyer... there are no flyers or stand ups in TX... however I doubt they would move Georgia Scorcher... I don' t think another coaster will be coming to SFFT for a few years. This is liking a water park ride. Judging by extreme could we be seeing bonzai pipelines.

Well, the only Stand Up we ever had was Batman The Escape at former Astroworld where I live, & It was an Intamin AG! But I don't ever think that It could run again because it's so rusted ever since I seen it go away! But it would be so Great to see Batman The Escape at SFFT as Green Lantern, or whatever!

How about a ZacSpin by Intamin? That would be a great ride without using a lot of land. They could totally fix it on the Broadwalk section of the park. Next to Pandemonium.

ZacSpins aren't that great. I'd much much much rather have something Like an El Loco that takes up just as much space.

How about a ZacSpin by Intamin? That would be a great ride without using a lot of land. They could totally fix it on the Broadwalk section of the park. Next to Pandemonium.

ZacSpins aren't that great. I'd much much much rather have something Like an El Loco that takes up just as much space.

I love it because it is pretty intense. Though I haven't been on any El Loco or Euro Fighters, I think they would be pretty intense too and cheaper since nearly everything built by Intamin is much more expensive.

Hmmm, I say extreme firework show. I'm sorry but they just got Iron Rattler so I can't see another coaster

I can't really tell where that photo was taken.. So it could be a waterpark addition.

Edited by sfgam#1

Back in April SFFT promoted the opening of the 2013 season of their water park with the title "The Regions’ Most eXtreme Water Park Opens Weekends Beginning April 27 at Six Flags Fiesta Texas." They also used the term eXtreme Thrills in the article to promote the water park attractions. My bet is on a new water park slide.

Link to SFFT article: http://www.sixflags.com/fiestaTexas/info/news_2013wwb.aspx

WRONG! Your stupid SoCal ZacSpin isn't that great...there are some out there that are just fine, and some that are INSANE!!!!

An El Loco, Can't we have something smoother? Like a Vekoma SLC