TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Spent my sunday at the park, and unfortunately Iron Rattler was closed the entire day. The park was somewhat busy but most lines were less than 20 minute waits. I'm not sure if it's just me being a little tense about SFOT's accident or what but there were alot of mistakes missed by ride ops and security. My first of several instances were at the security stations at the gate, my backpack wasn't even searched at all while a lady after me had her entire purse cleaned out. Also while waiting for Roadrunner Express none of the ride ops were checking lapbars and if they did it were only the first few cars. While waiting in line for Superman, i had to say something to a ride operating before they gave the all clear to dispatch a train because someone was still holding their waterbottle even after having their harness checked. Now like i said before, i may be a little tense after friday's accident, but should we be worried at all that many precautions were skipped?

Aside from that the park was running pretty efficiently and smoothly. Short wait times and the weather wasn't too bad!

I just got back from a day at SFFT. I may post a full update if I get the time later, buy here were a few quick points worth mentioning (All of which are nothing more than OPINIONS).

• Iron Rattler was fun, but far more tame than it looked. It's going to be in the top 3 coasters of the park for years to come, but the better moments of the ride were too short. It's loads of fun though.
  • Poltergeist was the surprise ass-kicker of the trip. Incredibly intense and has absolutely FLAWLESS pacing. I preferred this a bit more over iRat.
  • Superman Krypton Coaster was easily one of the smoothest B&Ms I've been on, which was a surprise as I got forced into the back seat as a single rider. Very well paced, some great forces that weren't too strong, and it's one of my new favorite B&Ms ever while being my most preferred coaster in the park.
  • Goliath, even though it doesn't fit in with the park at all, was surprisingly good because it was the most forceful ride I've ever been on... Next to Goliath at SFMM.

It's also worth noting that SFFT has the BEST Scrambler and S&S towers ever.

My husband and I went there 2 weeks ago, and could practically quote your review verbatim. In fact, one could give reviews of the rides by the on-ride pictures taken. I had a sad face on IRAT, as I was wondering where the rest of the ride was. Superman was surprisingly great, and I had a big smile on my face. I enjoyed Goliath more at SFFT, then I do it's twin, Batman the Ride at SFoT, because I didn't wait forever in what seemed to be a short line, but since the ride crews take forever to load and unload Batman, the line takes too long to move. Goliath was practically no wait. Happy face in that picture. The surprise awesome ride of the day was little talked about Poltergeist, that left us laughing, and catching our breath as we got off! No camera on that ride. Another Premier LIM ride, similar to Mr. Freeze, that left saying, "Mr. Freeze who?" NTAG definitely spoiled us, and so if you want to get "Wow and zowed" by IRAT, don't ride NTAG first! Even without the barrel roll, it's still tons better and twice as long.

SAN ANTONIO — The Iron Rattler roller coaster at the Six Flags Fiesta Texas theme park in San Antonio remains closed until more information becomes available about how Rosy Esparaza fell from the Texas Giant in Arlington, according to a representative for Fiesta Texas.

One person who saw the accident said it looked like she flew out of the car.

The Texas Giant was built by a company from Ohio. Both the Giant and the Iron Rattler coasters are designed the same way, built from steel and wood. Both theme parks are operated by the same company.

The Iron Rattler was built by Rocky Mountain Construction of Idaho. KENS-TV called the company looking for more information, but has not heard back.

The Texas Giant was built by a German amusement ride company.

For now, Fiesta Texas remains open, but the Rattler is closed until the investigation in Arlington is complete.

WFAA

SAN ANTONIO — The Iron Rattler roller coaster at the Six Flags Fiesta Texas theme park in San Antonio remains closed until more information becomes available about how Rosy Esparaza fell from the Texas Giant in Arlington, according to a representative for Fiesta Texas.

One person who saw the accident said it looked like she flew out of the car.

The Texas Giant was built by a company from Ohio. Both the Giant and the Iron Rattler coasters are designed the same way, built from steel and wood. Both theme parks are operated by the same company.

The Iron Rattler was built by Rocky Mountain Construction of Idaho. KENS-TV called the company looking for more information, but has not heard back.

The Texas Giant was built by a German amusement ride company.

For now, Fiesta Texas remains open, but the Rattler is closed until the investigation in Arlington is complete.

God that article is horribly written:

"The Texas Giant was built by a German amusement ride company."

"The Texas Giant was built by a company from Ohio."

WFAA

I planned a trip to Texas, partially to ride NTAG and IRat, but the accident happened the day before I left. Hope at least IRat opens back up before I get there next week. On a different note, I'm excited for my first visit to the park! Any tips for riding everything and eating near the park?

Just saw the video for Iron Rattler, it's looks really cool and blends in with the scenery really well. For those of you who have ridden both NTAG and iRat, which one do you prefer or feel is better?

NTAG, hands down!! It is twice as long, more air time, seems faster to me. We rode IRAT after haven already riden a dozen or so rounds on NTAG, and have to say we were spoiled to NTAG. IRAT does have a cool, nifty little barrel roll that NTAG doesn't have, but I'd lose the barrel roll for another minute of awesomeness.. That's just my opinion.

I just checked SFFT's website, and they have posted IRAT as "Temporarily Closed." In other words, forget about it opening anytime soon. They don't go to the trouble of putting on their website if it's only for a couple of days. Bummer.

^You shouldn't have any trouble riding everything you want plenty of times. In the summer months it seems like virtually everyone goes to the water park! As for food, do you mean in the park or outside the park? Inside the park you will pretty much find your normal selection of park food. If anything the BBQ place by the water park entrance is probably the best choice. Outside the park, there is a giant mall right on top of the cliff by Superman and IRat (La Cantera) that has a ton of food options and giant food court.

You also have food on the other side of I-10 at the RIM shopping center. You have Red Robin, BJ's, Fridays, Chik-fil-A, Whataburger, Mcdonalds, Freddy's Frozen Custard, Cosi.

I guess they are expecting IRat to be down for the rest of the Season.

on the way home from work, heard a new Fiesta, Texas commercial on the radio.

they said, "Summer's not over yet! Come and enjoy our FREE waterpark, included with your ticket. And be sure to ride the Skyscreamer!"

yep. . no mention of Iron Rattler, despite that being the ride they had been advertising.

a shame, to be sure. . .

As much as the situation pains me, I'd say even if it is temporary, they would definitely NOT advertise Irat for the next couple of days to upset potential visitors... And even then, I am not sure it would be well received to advertise a ride similar to the one that has just been in the limelight for bad reasons... Maybe a "politically correct" move

We were pleasantly surprised by a laser/fireworks show over at the cliff last night. We still had fun, even though IRAT was down. Krypton Coaster and Poltergeist helped us forget about it. Of course, since the son of ours that will ride the scary coasters is an inch shy of the 54 inch rule on the majority of their coasters, I was forced to ride the Boomerang for the first time in like 20 years. I haven't ridden that since the early '90's on it's twin, "Flashback" at SFOT, that is now also Boomerang and the new ride at SFSL. The connection to the chainlift on the second incline was a beating in the brain, but other than that, it was a nostalgic kinda fun. A good time was had by all!

Went to Fiesta Texas yesterday for Christmas in July and for being a holiday it was a decent sized crowd to fill up the lines of the water rides.

And I did not hear any click while loading onto Scream! I was not safe at all. Where is Carmen Brown when you need her!

Here my pictures but more are found on my Instagram.

029.thumb.JPG.c5b3c948c87c310e10ffc29be5528915.JPG

042.thumb.JPG.d8ca0feef1a4bc928e468e7894cf0924.JPG

043.thumb.JPG.212868f995e5cee4da303a16339afcb1.JPG

030.thumb.JPG.e55319a4fbf0042a824e59764922c38a.JPG

I guess they are expecting IRat to be down for the rest of the Season.

on the way home from work, heard a new Fiesta, Texas commercial on the radio.

they said, "Summer's not over yet! Come and enjoy our FREE waterpark, included with your ticket. And be sure to ride the Skyscreamer!"

yep. . no mention of Iron Rattler, despite that being the ride they had been advertising.

a shame, to be sure. . .

No offense, but I wouldn't take that as a reason that the ride is down for the rest of the season... I could understand that as a PR move to keep people coming to the park, but the reason to why they're not listing iRat in a radio commercial does not necessarily mean they're keeping it closed for the rest of the season.

Fiesta Texas visitors mixed reactions

Saw this article today. It just seems to me the longer Iron Rattler stays closed, the harder it will be for Fiesta PR team.

And that article just goes to show how hard it is to ease the general public's conscience about this kind of stuff. They don't know the difference between ratcheting lap bars and hydraulic lap bars, and they don't necessarily understand how a heavier person could be thrown from a ride without the restraint failing. They also have a really negative attitude about ride operators, simply because so many are young. They think operating a roller coaster is like flying a plane, when reality is so far from that. It seems that all amusement parks can do is to add the illusion of added safety (seat belt, shoulder harness) and wait for the accident to slip from public consciousness.