TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I was at the park for the Takis hot summer night thing. It was fun, got 13 rides on Goliath and 8 on Boomerang

Cant wait to visit the park tomorrow (6/21) with friends that never been to Texas!!

I think I saw you, White Mississippi State shirt?

I was wearing a White Mississippi State shirt!

We all had a great time at the park. Not crowded at all as we got in all the rides we wanted several times without getting off!!

Here are the pictures I took of the park on 6/21/2013. More photos on Twitter and Instagram <<<<.

039.thumb.JPG.98f9397b80412cefa627cc31605b9fdd.JPG

041.thumb.JPG.291ff97c33adf61a7ca969995aa87f87.JPG

042.thumb.JPG.c9d5375c5b47a808f9c5ac0d1fa58120.JPG

043.thumb.JPG.a17dc24ae55da6b48ac3ca5a6928dd8a.JPG

045.JPG.55f4b88e212f9720d2aae8011151403b.JPG

048.thumb.JPG.61240accca8b14d6233c10363c54ca72.JPG

We all had a great time at the park. Not crowded at all as we got in all the rides we wanted several times without getting off!!

Here are the pictures I took of the park on 6/21/2013. More photos on Twitter and Instagram <<<<.

Glad you had a good time!

I was at the park for the Takis hot summer night thing. It was fun, got 13 rides on Goliath and 8 on Boomerang

Cant wait to visit the park tomorrow (6/21) with friends that never been to Texas!!

I was the kid who sprayed you on Gully Washer

Yes I remember the spray on Gully Washer. Did you do it on purpose or it just happened to be me when you sprayed? I was just surprised someone would spend money to spray water on us.

Had a great night at the park tonight, it's getting to that time of year when you don't go outside between 1 and 7, but the evening was beautiful and breezy. IR was its usual crazy self, SFFT is too modest about how much air it has, I count 11 places where you come out of your seat on the ride, probably the most unexpected being on the dive off the cliff (the first one, not the crazy Thelma-and-Louise dive into the tunnel). How RMC managed to put a brief subtle moment of air in there where the g forces should be high going around that curve I don't know but they're geniuses. The first drop is also growing on me, I really like that nuanced acrobatic left-right-left combo you get, it has a flying sensation that is just plain fun.

Also rekindled my admiration for Superman, I've been on a number of large B&M loopers and it's one of my favorites, I daresay I even think I prefer it to the almighty Kumba (maybe because that intense spin at the end of Kumba leaves me queasy whereas SKC eases up a bit). It has aged well and rides just the way I remember it back in 2000. By 2000 B&M had perfected those wonderful little heartline twist-and-drop moves after the mid-course brake and they're still fun. Overall a great complement to the Iron Rattler.

Sure hope the TX/Midwest tour has plenty of time planned for the park in the morning or evening, only mad dogs and Englishmen go out in the afternoon sun around here (and maybe waterpark lovers). But I love summer evenings, wish the park could stay open til at least 10.

Yes I remember the spray on Gully Washer. Did you do it on purpose or it just happened to be me when you sprayed? I was just surprised someone would spend money to spray water on us.

It just happened to be me, I only did it because I had a loose quarter in my pocket.

I first rode Superman KC back in 2000 as well. But I haven't been back to SFFT since, sad to say. Looking forward to getting back down there again week after next. I remember SKC as one of the best B&M's I've ever ridden. Only Batman: Night Flight at the now defunct Geauga Lake could match it, imho. Can't wait to ride iRat!

I was out at the park this morning for a couple of hours. Got rides in on Iron Rattler, Superman, Scream, and Poltergeist before I didn't feel like dealing with the heat anymore. Anyway, I felt like weighing in on the Superman discussion. I've been riding it every year since it opened, and I feel like it's definitely developed a bit of a nasty rattle in the past few years. From what I understand, the "B&M Rattle" is pretty common. I've only been on a handful of B&M coasters (4 Batman clones, S:KC and Goliath at La Ronde), so I don't really have much to compare the smoothness of S:KC to a similar coaster. If you have been on say, Bizarro at SFGA, how does S:KC's rattle compare?

I was out at the park this morning for a couple of hours. Got rides in on Iron Rattler, Superman, Scream, and Poltergeist before I didn't feel like dealing with the heat anymore. Anyway, I felt like weighing in on the Superman discussion. I've been riding it every year since it opened, and I feel like it's definitely developed a bit of a nasty rattle in the past few years. From what I understand, the "B&M Rattle" is pretty common. I've only been on a handful of B&M coasters (4 Batman clones, S:KC and Goliath at La Ronde), so I don't really have much to compare the smoothness of S:KC to a similar coaster. If you have been on say, Bizarro at SFGA, how does S:KC's rattle compare?

I've been on Scream! at SFMM along with Superman and can tell you that Scream's rattle is 10 times worse. Superman's isn't that bad.

I noticed that Superman has developed a rattle. do all B&M's do this?

Compared to RMC, yes.

He asked if B&M's do this. What does Rocky Mountain have to do with B&Ms rattling?

I noticed that Superman has developed a rattle. do all B&M's do this?

Compared to RMC, yes.

He asked if B&M's do this. What does Rocky Mountain have to do with B&Ms rattling?

Because I think if you've been on an iRat session and then get on any other coaster in the park it's not going to feel as smooth, it could be spoiling us. Yes I do feel a mild rattling effect on SKC as I have on other large B&Ms but it's not enough to detract from the ride (for me at least).

Is the inversion on IR similar to the one on OR? Which do you think is better, and how do both feel?

Well I haven't been on both coasters, but they are both barrel rolls.

Except OR does it twice in a row and also has another inversion called a twist and turn.

Is the inversion on IR similar to the one on OR? Which do you think is better, and how do both feel?

Well I haven't been on both coasters, but they are both barrel rolls.

Except OR does it twice in a row and also has another inversion called a twist and turn.

OR seems to be more of a barrel roll/heartline roll where IR looks more of a zero G roll.