TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

The "Talent" had priority during media day. They all had a scheduled time for their shoot whether it was on the via satellite train for the news crews or the go pro camera train for the youtubers. Once all the live filming was wrapped up they took the satellite train off and left the go pro camera train until they needed the other train for travel channel to begin shooting. I got 2 rides in on the front car between 2-3pm. Overall it was an amazing experience. Almost half the people that showed up took off after the 1 hour or so lunch break for the ride operators. After that there was almost enough people to fill the 1 train which is where the majority of my rides came in, since no one had to get off. Again it was an amazing time and I can't thank the Fiesta Texas crew enough for the free swag and multiple rides. Sign me up for the next Fiesta Texas media event!

Wish I could have joined you cuz. Maybe next time! Props to Six Flags Fiesta Texas for putting on a great event. More parks need to take note on this.

I would like to thank Rocky Mountain for building 3 of the best coasters ever. Iron Rattler is the only one of the 3 coasters I have not been on yet. But I hope to ride it this year.

The new recording is awesome! I can't wait to hear the one after it officially opens. Does anyone know if they are going to periodically change the message or if it will stay the same once the ride opens? I'm going to be there tomorrow with the boarding pass that was posted on the Facebook page. My brother hasn't been on it yet and I can't wait to see what he thinks.

On an unrelated note, does anyone know when the rest of the shows for this year will start? I heard that they were re-working Ovation and I'm really looking forward to it. I don't know if anyone else here cares about the shows except me...

Ok, IRAT is better then NTAG, just made up my mind. That's hard for me to say cause I love SFOT and NTAG. But IRAT is just simply better! So glad Fiesta Texas has a new signature coaster!

I can't say I can really choose one over the other. Though I do like NTAG's first drop better... IRAT is an absolute great time from beginning to end. It isn't long, but it's relentless fun

I was lucky enough to be on the last train of iRat this morning before they closed it down due to rain. I got soaked on the way back to my car, but it was so worth it. I will say that the loading/unloading is top notch. They were incredibly fast when it came to checking restraints and getting the trains out. There was no stacking at all, which really surprised me since the ride isn't very long. Major props to the iRat ride ops for being speedy. If only the other ride ops would follow their example.

I would like to thank Jamie for making my trip worth it. I didn't have anyone to ride irat with and was backing out so he got on and pumped me up. He made me ride in the back which was incredibly intense. I think I screamed the entire ride. I couldn't keep my hands up because the airtime made me feel like I needed to hang on. He offered me the chance to keep riding uninterrupted as the park was closed. I declined because I was literally seeing stars from my first ride. I think I'll regret not taking uninterrupted rides from any seats I want though. I told him I was going to post our ride photo but the camera was broke. The attendant said it needs calibrated.

From what I hear this area is in a drought and its rained the entire time we've been in Texas. Flash flood warnings in San Antonio. We were at the park from open to close but it rained 3 hours. I missed out on superman. I'll be making a return trip later just for the day. Then head back to Arlington the next day.

Grand opening was amazing! I was staying in Dallas with friends and just drove down for the day (even through some minorly flooded interstates!), and was pretty scared the park wouldn't open at all. Instead, we arrived at opening and got straight on Iron Rattler, the only issue being a flooded queue line but after the fear of not getting to ride we were glad to just have to get soaked feet. I never saw the line go out of the ramp all day.

Otherwise, the rest of the park had some downtime due to rain waterlog, but we rode everything without any wait over 30 minutes. We ended up with 8 laps on the Iron Rattler, each one better than the last. It's an amazing coaster, and I wish I was closer to it. I think Fiesta Texas is one of my favorite Six Flags- the setting was gorgeous and the park had a lot of atmosphere. Glad I made the trip down, it was a pretty perfect day! Gonna ride Texas Skyscreamer this morning, then it's back to Virginia...

Wow, thats fast. The 12 times I've ridden it so far, the line has never been outside the ramp. From the start of the ramp, it's only 20 minutes till you reach where the line splits off. Old rattler was 45 minutes once you reach the ramp

Just came back from Fiesta Texas. I was really impressed on how fast the line moved for Iron Rattler. Waited only 30 minutes on memorial Day. I have to say that Iron Rattler is great ride. Now that I have ridden all three RMC coasters, it's really hard to choose which one is better.

NTaG has the most air time

IRat is smooth, fast, and feels completely out of control on its pacing. Love that Disco tunnel and water effects. The zero g roll feels perfect.

Outlaw run has great terrain, airtime, two barrel rolls and has some of that good old fashion woodie feel.

If I had to rate them. 1. IRat, 2. Outlaw Run, 3. NTaG.