TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Hi guys! Robb and I just rode Iron Rattler, and OMFG, the first drop is crazy! The drop as you come back over the wall is insanely fast then rattler squeezes you through the tunnel! Here are a few pictures, more to come later!

iRat-082.jpg.3499df197e63f23dc055746b5edc77ce.jpg

Doesn't the train look amazing!

iRat-089.jpg.75e7bccad85fcc855e578f3aa6a9233a.jpg

Doesn't that look incredible!

Just took about 5 rides on Iron Rattler! WOW! There is a lot of airtime on this baby! Not sure where I'd rank it with the other RMC coasters, but they certainly have created the perfect trifecta of rides! (And we'll be riding them all on our Texas/Mid-West trip!)

POV and rider cam videos coming soon! But for now, I'll leave you with this...

rattler_pov.thumb.jpg.b455bb9358734c9b89624b5ffdd26d3e.jpg

A general question regarding these iron rmc coasters: There seems to be nails on the rim of the rails, both above and below. Don´t they affect the smoothness of the rideÞ

...here we go again...

I can't wait to get out to this park later this year to ride this baby! Thanks for the awesome vids Robb. And thank you RMC for turning one of the worst coasters on the planet into what looks like an airtime monster. Oh, and Six Flags, I'm so happy you are turning these once great coasters back into great coasters again. With that said, can I leave you with one word. Colossus!

OMG!!! Thanks for that AMAZING footage once again!!! Holy cow I can't wait to ride this Saturday!!! I noticed, when you drop into the cave, is that a water effect I see??!!

For me, the cave is the absolute best part of the ride, coming out of the cave you get another bump of air before hitting the brakes, pretty amazing feeling.

Thanks for the video, Robb. It does seem like the train slows a bit before taking the cliff drop, at least from the POV, but the ride overall just seems epic. I also love the lighting in the tunnel.

It got faster later in the day, but yeah, it does lose some steam on the "funky twisty" section.

That being said, the ride overall delivers a 100000% better than the old Rattler!

Last AP exam done and over with and I leave to San Antonio tonight! I'm very excited! The POV looks incredible! I'm sure it will deliver! I kind of like the speed going through the funky twisty part. It's fast enough to get through, yet slow enough to keep you hanging. Intense, yet slow enough to where you don't blow straight through it. It keeps it interesting! Very nice looking coaster!