TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Iron Rattler is freakin EPIC!
Sooo I just got off the most amazing ride I've ever been on. There is never a dull moment of the Iron Rattler. Ask questions about the ride and I shall answer.

I think I speak on behalf of eveyone when I say.. Details please!!!!

How does it compare to NTG???

I'm sorry but this is really hard to put in words. I will try my best.

The drop is just insane. I rode in the back both times. Therefor, I was out of my seat the entire time. It felt like I was going to fall out of my seat on the drop. Then it hauled some major butt into the first overbank. Coming out of it going into the next which led to the barrel roll was crazy!!! Then the barrel roll was something else, I never been so disoriented on a ride unlike this one. Going from the barrel roll to the first bunny hop was a blur. Then going through the top portion was tight and fast. THE DIVE OF THE QUARRY WALL WAS AMAZING!!!! It was totally unexpected. Flying through the tunnel was crazy to actually see how close I really was to the wall of the cave. The final hop into the breaks is something that is not expected but it makes a good ending to a ride that has no breath time what so ever. All in all this ride is the most unexpected thing ever!!!! I had low expectations for this ride but after riding I was shaking. (And I'm not a weak-link)

I will not compare it to NTAG because I have yet to ride it. Sorry.

I hope this helps out on what this beast is like. Honestly words nor video can capture the pure awesomeness of this amazing ride.

EDIT: If y'all have any other questions I will love to answer them!!!

I'm sorry but this is really hard to put in words. I will try my best.

The drop is just insane. I rode in the back both times. Therefor, I was out of my seat the entire time. It felt like I was going to fall out of my seat on the drop. Then it hauled some major butt into the first overbank. Coming out of it going into the next which led to the barrel roll was crazy!!! Then the barrel roll was something else, I never been so disoriented on a ride unlike this one. Going from the barrel roll to the first bunny hop was a blur. Then going through the top portion was tight and fast. THE DIVE OF THE QUARRY WALL WAS AMAZING!!!! It was totally unexpected. Flying through the tunnel was crazy to actually see how close I really was to the wall of the cave. The final hop into the breaks is something that is not expected but it makes a good ending to a ride that has no breath time what so ever. All in all this ride is the most unexpected thing ever!!!! I had low expectations for this ride but after riding I was shaking. (And I'm not a weak-link)

I will not compare it to NTAG because I have yet to ride it. Sorry.

I hope this helps out on what this beast is like. Honestly words nor video can capture the pure awesomeness of this amazing ride.

EDIT: If y'all have any other questions I will love to answer them!!!

AHHHH! Sounds awesome! Were there lights in the tunnel?

I hope everyone had a blast today, I'm thankful for those that were able to participate and were patient! I rode a total of 17 times and each time was epic!

The first drop sitting in the back seat is just insane as Ben mentioned you are flying out of your seat the entire time. Sitting on the left seat on the first over-banked turn is just ridiculous almost as if you are going to fall out!

We got to test the mist in the tunnel and the added effect was just epic!

Wow! Looks like you get plenty of opportunities to ride! I got real jealous seeing the pictures posted on the park facebook page because I still have to wait a week to ride at the travel channel shoot! Wednesday is my last of 3 AP exams, and then my reward is some rides on the EPIC Iron Rattler! It's going to be worth the 2 1/2 hour drive!

Iron Rattler was INSANE!!! Oh my God, it was incredible. The drop was incredibly steep (I've never been vertical or past, so 81 degrees was pretty awesome), and the Zero G roll was awesome. Sitting in the back, you really get pulled out of your seat on the first drop. I only got to ride three time because of some camera issues in the beginning and then some photo shots of models later, but those three times were incredible. It was really smooth and the seats were REALLY comfortable. The line in the station has been separated into three lines: 1 for back row, 1 for front row, and one really big section for all of the middle seats. It was really incredible. Anyone going on the TPR trip this summer is going to have a blast!!!

Having ridden NTAG and reading about iRAT after passing by watching construction almost everyday, I can't wait for this to open. It makes me happy about the 3 line choices and there won't be assigned seating.

Even though I wish Iron Rattler was longer, the aritime, the first drop, the overbank turns, and the Cave, made the coaster ultimately the best I have ever ridden!

Ride count:

2x Iron Rattler

4x Scream (back to back as the park needed riders to ride either SKC, SkyScreamer, and or Scream for helicopter shoot with Iron Rattler)

12x Iron Rattler (back to back)

Here is a picture Jeff had posted on Fiesta Texas Facebook page, which I was included in! (I'm in the gray in the middle of the train)

183195_10151602015808491_565270300_n.jpg