TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I finally got a chance to ride NTAG this weekend!!! let me tell you, I've seen countless video's of it and heard all the reviews, but I still wasn't expecting the pure awesomeness that is that ride. That first drop was insane! It makes me even more excited about i-Rat knowing our drop is taller and steeper. Can't wait for this ride to open already!!! Everyone going to the media stuff, have fun and Tell us all about it!!!!!!!

^ Um, what? She's a PR person who's speaking on behalf of the park. She came across just fine. .

I know what you're saying. Besides I was half joking.

Did anyone hear that irat will exit through bloomstead's shop?

Oh..... NOW you are joking....

Anyone doing the Iron Rattler commercial shoot this week, it's been moved up a day to Wednesday. Pulled this info from the SFFT Facebook page.

Iron Rattler Commercial Shoot – Important Update!

If you have already been cast, please note the new date and time:

Wednesday, May 8 - 8am – noon & noon – 8pm (or stay for both!)

Food will be provided

If you are still interested… please review the details below:

• Bring 2 Solid color short sleeve shirts – no logos, or words

• No visible tattoos

• Only small size ear piercings permitted

• Must be 48” or taller to ride

• Must be willing to ride the new EPIC Iron Rattler multiple times

• Must be willing to sign and return an appearance release form prior to event

• All minors must have the release form signed and returned by parent or legal guardian prior to event

• All minors under the age of 16 must be accompanied by parent of legal guardian at all times during events

• Must arrive at the scheduled time and be willing to stay during for the entire event window, or longer if needed.

Send headshot photo, and event time to officialsixflagsfiestatexas@gmail.com

I love the sign and the water effects are incredible... BUT, I have to wonder, in the event of severe drought which Texas seems to always be in, will this water be shut off? Either way, the entrance should look incredible even without water! Nice job Fiesta Texas!
This looks like it won't use that much water and it looks great. Been to the park a few times and looks like they have reduced water usage or are using recycled water from HVAC condensate. The large water falls next to the train tunnel have had a reduced flow and in the afternoon I've seen them still on but barely running.

I just saw that this afternoon. I really enjoy Six Flags, but this is the third time that they have changed the date in a period of 3 days. Its kind of tiring trying to reschedule around them. Oh well, why am I complaining, I get to ride this Wednesday!

^^

Being allowed into a commercial shoot is a privilege, not a right. They could have always made you wait until opening day or just canceled the shoot all together and wait for the media day event! You asked yourself "Oh well, why am I complaining, I get to ride this Wednesday!"......and I'm wondering the same thing. You're lucky!

Six Flags Fiesta Texas: I know... us too Due to weather the entire shoot will now take place on Wed. Thanks for your flexibility!

The weather forecast for Thursday is Scattered Thunderstorms.

I definitely understand that I'm lucky. By no means was I trying to say that Six Flags sucks, they are just a little bit unpredictable. I'm happy they are giving the general public a chance to ride this thing before it opens to the rest of the people, and I'm sorry if I came off rude or in any way overly negative.

^^

No big deal...just remember it's the weather that a little unpredictable(especially in May), not Six Flags.

Assuming everything goes well on Wednesday, enjoy it!!! I'm sure it's going to be nothing short of amazing.

Too bad I couldn't go on this one. Having a job with limited vacation time pretty much prevents me from attending weekday film shoots.

Been on a couple at SFoT and they are quite fun.

I should be there June 1st to give Iron Rattler a ride.

For the lighting nerds out there, I found out that the LED lighting for IR (the tunnel I'm guessing) will be provided by a local company called Mega Lite. They'll be using their ARC series of fixtures with special order optics.

http://www.mega-lite.com/prolight/arclight.php

Finally Six Flags installed a mega lite! I thought this day would never come.