TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

^^

Nice....we'll be looking forward to it. Now I know CoasterForce had a video of the iRat testing from the top of the cliff, but by any chance is there any footage of it testing from directly inside the park?? Like from the Gully Washer area?? Just curious.

Did I miss any possible opening date rumors /announcements?

In this video, they mention Memorial Day weekend. That seems most likely to me, I just wish they would open it a weekend or two earlier. Memorial Day crowds are awful and of course I have to go on opening day.

I love how the trains feature double-wheels (I don't know the technical term for it) like a proper intense STEEL coaster does. You all get what I mean right? On really intense coasters like B&M's, Intamins, even Togos have 2 wheels instead of just 1 running wheel like on mine trains or most wooden coasters.

National Roller Coaster Museum and Archives will be giving away tickets to the VIP party to ride the all new IRON RATTLER!!

The NRCMA is holding an auction to be one of the first people to ride the New Iron Rattler at Six Flags Fiesta Texas at a VIP event on May 17th. If you are one of the 24 successful bidders you will get a chance to experience a Twisting Coil of Thrills at 70 MPH! Complete information here: http://r.ebay.com/1AgkeO

Six Flags Fiesta Texas Iron Rattler Roller Coaster Opening VIP Event

Friday, May 17, 2013 – 6:30 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.

The red carpet has been rolled out for you. Enjoy the VIP treatment on what is sure to be the hit new roller coaster of the year. Be among the first to get to ride Iron Rattler at this special, invitation-only event. With attendance limited to 300 people, you are sure to get your fill riding this amazing new coaster as many times as you would like during the 2.5 hour party.

VIP Package:

Six Flags Fiesta Texas

VIP Preview Party for Iron Rattler (by invitation or VIP ticket package only)

Friday, May 17, 2013 – 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.

General Public Park Operating Hours – 10:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.

Party includes admission to the event, hors d’oeuvres and beverages, and rides on Iron Rattler and is limited to 300 guests.

The package also includes general admission to Six Flags Fiesta Texas all day on Friday and Saturday where you will be able to enjoy all of the park’s other coasters, rides and attractions, and award-winning shows. The new coaster will be closed to the general public but will be open only to VIP event ticket holders and to local radio station contest winners during the Friday event.

All proceeds for ticket sales go to the National Roller Coaster Museum & Archives. Your purchase helps support the NRCMA’s goal to preserve and protect the history and heritage of the amusement industry.

Tickets for this special, one-of-a-kind event are available for $250 each.

Once 24 tickets are sold, they are all gone!

Coaster Details:

The Iron Rattler is a unique technological marvel combining a classic wooden support structure with modern track and rails crafted of steel, allowing for unprecedented smooth and swift over-banked turns and inversions never before experienced on either a traditional steel or wooden coaster. The steel track is constructed by Rocky Mountain Construction Group, the same group that helped design the New Texas Giant at Six Flags Over Texas. Utilizing state-of-the-art Iron Horse Track™©® the innovative Iron Rattler will provide four over-banked turns, the most of any hybrid coaster today, and will be the first to deliver an inverted barrel roll for an awe-inspiring adventure in and around the surrounding 100-ft. quarry wall setting!

With its unique construction, the Iron Rattler will have:

A staggering drop of 171 feet with an amazing drop angle of 81 degrees.

A blazing top speed of 70 mph.

Four over-banked turns — more than any other hybrid coaster, and the first of its kind to feature a completely inverted barrel roll.

NOTE: All riders must meet the minimum height requirement of 48 inches.

If only I didn't have plans for that weekend.... Im upset.

That really sounds like an awesome event. I think I may just wait and ride it after but I kind of want to see how SFFT pulls off a VIP party.

Not to mention I really want to ride this coaster, so I may not be able to wait.

So does that mean iRat will be open the weekend of May 18th??

I hope so, if the park announces something soon then I will make plans to be there. It only makes sense since the ride will be open that Friday night.

Wow, just when you thought the coaster couldn't get any cooler...those trains!

I like that SIX FLAGS isn't splattered all over it, too........nice that it's just the name of the ride and the park. Wonder if the actual theme of the trains will prevent any sort of future "wrap" being put on?

Hey Everyone!

I have some exciting news! This coaster lives up to the hype!

I was fortunate enough to ride it four times in a row for a video shoot!

I must say the entire ride you are literally out of your seat! The amount of airtime this coaster provides is just unbelievable. I hope you enjoy this amazing coaster when it opens up! The first drop provides so much airtime and the twist provides extra thrills on the way down. Now the Zero-G Barrel Roll is another story IT WAS AMAZING! MAX AIRTIME!

I must say that one of my favorite elements of the ride aside from all the many spectacular elements is the free fall into the tunnel! Holy cow all the way down from the camel back hill to the tunnel is madness!

I must say, all of the airtime made me feel like the Iron Rattler had no seats! Stay tuned for more exciting opening day updates!