TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Also, when I was driving I noticed the train going up the lift was moving at snail pace. It took about 4 minutes to make it up and then it was just barely going over the top. So what we saw is not the full package. Its gonna be even more awesome when its going at full speed. Hopefully Six Flags will release a real video soon with all the potential it has. That's just my two cents.

Here's another video that I took yesterday. Y'all see what I mean by slow moving? Or is that just me? Again sorry for the bad quality.

[youtu_be]http://youtu.be/HRMqpPbgs7k[/youtu_be]

Most parks test their coasters like that. They'll do some runs with the lift hill at an abnormally slow speed, and then some with the lift hill at an abnormally high speed. When it opens the lift hill will of course be much faster, and the ride is going to haul ass, if that's how fast its going on a slow run!

^That's right. And don't forget that most coasters, no matter how fast they run the lift hill, never run at its full speed on the first test runs as the wheels may take a while to overcome the initial drag. Not only that but it also looked like the train was empty which means it will be EVEN FASTER when it opens!

^That's right. And don't forget that most coasters, no matter how fast they run the lift hill, never run at its full speed on the first test runs as the wheels may take a while to overcome the initial drag. Not only that but it also looked like the train was empty which means it will be EVEN FASTER when it opens!

What do you mean by initial drag?

Well, what I mean is that the wheels on some new coasters don't roll as freely as the ones form older coasters. It may take a few runs form them to roll more easily than they did in the beginning. You can sometimes notice that the on the very first test runs the trains don't go through the track as fast as they do after a few of them, even if the speed of the chain lift is the same.

I remember seeing X-flight's first test run and thinking it looked really sow, almost like it would stall on the immelman. If you watch the other ones, that doesn't happen anymore.

I personally think Outlaw Run looks like a much better coaster. Outlaw's layout seems to flow a lot better, mostly because I think it's stupid to have two over-banked turns in a row both going the same way. Outlaw Run has a higher drop (but only by two feet), even though they're both tied for the angle of the drop. Outlaw Run goes upside-down three times, I-Rat goes upside-down once.

I have rode Outlaw Run, so of course I'll need to ride I-Rat to really see which one is better. And I'm not saying I-Rat looks bad, it just doesn't look as thrilling as Outlaw Run was. Just my two cents.

^

Outlaw Run has a higher drop (but only by two feet), even though they're both tied for the angle of the drop.

A lot of people think Outlaw Run and Iron Rattler are tied for steepest drop but they are not. Outlaw Run has the steepest drop on a WOODEN coaster. Iron Rattler is a STEEL coaster. Therefore, they are not tied because iRat is not a wooden coaster.

Just wanted to correct you on this because a lot of people have been saying they are tied.

^
Outlaw Run has a higher drop (but only by two feet), even though they're both tied for the angle of the drop.

A lot of people think Outlaw Run and Iron Rattler are tied for steepest drop but they are not. Outlaw Run has the steepest drop on a WOODEN coaster. Iron Rattler is a STEEL coaster. Therefore, they are not tied because iRat is not a wooden coaster.

Just wanted to correct you on this because a lot of people have been saying they are tied.

No, I know. I was just comparing their aspects, and pointed out that they both have the same steepness.

Outlaw Run has a higher drop (but only by two feet), even though they're both tied for the angle of the drop. Outlaw Run goes upside-down three times, I-Rat goes upside-down once.

According to SFFT original press release which is on page 81 of this thread....It shows 171ft first drop for iRat and on Outlaw Run's press release on that thread it shows first drop of 162ft. I don't understand how you would post that Outlaw Run has a taller drop by 2 feet. Did something change or did you just flat out fail math???

With its unique construction, the Iron Rattler will have:

• A staggering drop of 171 feet with an amazing drop angle of 81 degrees.

• A blazing top speed of 70 mph.

• Four over-banked turns — more than any other hybrid coaster, and the first of its kind to

feature a completely inverted barrel roll.

And this was from Silver Dollar City's press release last year as well and it shows 162ft for Outlaw Run.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=162&hilit=stats&start=1150

Edited by ArizonaGuy

I personally think Outlaw Run looks like a much better coaster. Outlaw's layout seems to flow a lot better, mostly because I think it's stupid to have two over-banked turns in a row both going the same way. Outlaw Run has a higher drop (but only by two feet), even though they're both tied for the angle of the drop. Outlaw Run goes upside-down three times, I-Rat goes upside-down once.

I have rode Outlaw Run, so of course I'll need to ride I-Rat to really see which one is better. And I'm not saying I-Rat looks bad, it just doesn't look as thrilling as Outlaw Run was. Just my two cents.

Like the previous poster stated, the stats I've seen for IR are a 171 ft drop versus a 162 ft drop for OR. But the Rattler's drop looks much taller and more intense because of the 180 ft high climb to the top and that evil little twist it does on the way down which makes that 81 degrees look even steeper.

Both rides have their merits, and not to knock OR, but a lot of what I see on IR is unique and looks really neat: sudden, tight overbanked direction changes, a freefall off the cliff, a tunnel, a very fast overbanked turn off the cliff, that magnificent sweep way up into the high barrel roll...OR and NTAG have none of these, and it's what should make IR stand out from their other coasters.

All three are unique, nothing cookie cutter about them. I think all will be in an elite group of top-notch coasters