TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Never been of fan of Six Flag's safety checks. Seemed weird and unnecessary. I never noticed it on my first trip to GrAm, but this year when I went with 2 friends from work, we noticed it immediately. Guess it's because I'm used to the simple clears for Cedar Fair, but the scanning then clearing just seems a bit ridiculous. Then again, we are talking about the company who threatens you with signs like "HIGH VOLTAGE - DO NOT ENTER" even if it's just closing off an area underneath a wooden coaster. Those signs always gives me a feeling of hostility when I'm there.

^I agree, the visual scan thing looks ridiculous and I don't see it necessarily helping safety. I get what they're going for, it's similar to some of the techniques they teach life guards for scanning the water making sure there's no one drowned! But it's very different and they don't have to put their hand on their head and other silly stuff.

I was thinking the same thing. Lifeguards are actually supposed to be constantly scanning their water, yet, they just do a "W" scan, and you can see it by the motion of their head. They don't need to look ridiculous and put their hands way out, or on their foreheads.

That's EXACTLY what I was referring to. I do feel it's almost a lawsuit thing, make them look so ridiculous that everyone will know they're doing it. This is what Cedar Fair went to after the Perilous Plunge accident making every ride op say 'Check' loudly so people around would be able to corroborate that someone's bar was checked.

^Hold your horses! They still have to build the station.... oh wait. And the Queue Line!... Oh yeah that's right.

Yet another reason to love RMC overhauls. A lot of the details are already in place.

^ This is a very good week. Watching those super-bitchen trains actually running around this completely messed-up course is going to be hardcore awesome. (And thanks to everyone for all the fantastic progress photos! This thread has been full of eye candy for so long!)

We drove to San Antonio for spring break. We visited Fiesta Texas on Monday.I have read some comments like "seeing pictures of IRAT does not do it justice". I will agree. It is very impressive. It just "looks" like it should really fly around the tracks. Some of the turns are really tight. The twist of the track going up into the zero G roll are incredibly tight. This should be a monster ride for the park. BTW- Fiesta looks great. New food stands abound. The park was very clean. It was very crowded but we still had a lovely time.

Happy St. Patrick’s Day from the New Iron Rattler and your Fiesta Texas Family. Come enjoy the last day of Spring Break today and stay tuned for Iron Rattler Coaster opening event information.

From SFFT facebook. I know its not big news but they finally said OPENING event for Iron Rattler

I know it still needs to have tests runs but still.

After seeing NTAG and Outlaw Run I have no doubt iRat will be hauling around the whole track. It's going to be sick! However I heard so news about the Barrel Row with it's design. It's designed so your head stays in the same relative spot so you don't get that whip lash that you get on a lot of rides. It makes it super smooth. I thought that was pretty cool.

I went to the park yesterday, and they had two cars sitting on the track outside of the station. They look BEAUTIFUL in person. The snake head on the front is super impressive. Can't wait to see the whole train!

1) Nice hair ^^^

2) Those trains look great, thanks for the photos Great White! ^^

3) They look more open than NTAG's trains, freedom!