TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I was at the park almost every day last summer, and that was before Iron Rattler. I'm pretty sure I should just live there this summer.

You're so luck that you get to live in San Antonio near the park. Either way I'll be visiting at least twice this summer since it is only like a 3 hour drive or so from Houston. I don't have my license yet but once I do I plan on driving up to SFFT and SFOT next summer. Can't wait to ride this beauty! It looks soooooo smooth.

Just to let y'all know, I've been forwarding some of your comments to my coworkers at RMC. We're very proud that Irat, and Outlaw, are the coasters nearly everyone is talking about. Anything less than a #1 and #2 best new coaster vote this year for these two masterpieces, would be a crime. We are anxiously awaiting the 1st test runs as well, and the day is drawing near.........PLEASE STAY TUNED!!!!!!

Great pics! As painful as it is to say, this ride will have to try hard not to whoop NTAG.

Too bad they weren't building this thing when I was going to UTSA for those 2 years. Hmm, actually no... My grades would probably have been even worse.

Great pics! As painful as it is to say, this ride will have to try hard not to whoop NTAG.

Too bad they weren't building this thing when I was going to UTSA for those 2 years. Hmm, actually no... My grades would probably have been even worse.

Haha yes me too!! I went to UTSA from 1997-1999 and I remember trying to "study" in the library. There used to be a spot in the library with floor to ceiling windows and it overlooked the park. I would always find myself just staring at the rides instead of studying.

I went to the park today and saw that one of the trains is now in the maintenance area. Also, i wonder if they will put 2 cars at the iRat entrance as there are 2 squares spray painted at the iRat entrance.

Capture.JPG.62be4f89751d96ba8a9c3e0c59f94033.JPG

Best I could get with the cell phone

Considering how it looked just last weekend, I'd be very surprised if there were any test runs "very soon." Most of the road steel was still lying on the ground and there were workers all over the layout adjusting the track gauge and such. If I had to venture a guess, I'd think testing in early April, assuming good weather between now and then. Maybe Mid-April.

The above is purely speculation. However, if the park is aiming for a Memorial Day opening, they still have plenty of time. I'd think that Memorial Day would be perfect: three-day weekend, tons of folks at the park, plenty of time for out-of-towners to drive to SA and back and still have a full day at the park, AND there's an ACE event the very next weekend.

Considering how it looked just last weekend, I'd be very surprised if there were any test runs "very soon." Most of the road steel was still lying on the ground and there were workers all over the layout adjusting the track gauge and such. If I had to venture a guess, I'd think testing in early April, assuming good weather between now and then. Maybe Mid-April.

The above is purely speculation. However, if the park is aiming for a Memorial Day opening, they still have plenty of time. I'd think that Memorial Day would be perfect: three-day weekend, tons of folks at the park, plenty of time for out-of-towners to drive to SA and back and still have a full day at the park, AND there's an ACE event the very next weekend.

Ohhhhh, ye of little faith...LOL