TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

^ You can get all those things with a gold season pass. The only thing that makes a membership different is the payment.

What is the difference between a Membership and a Season Pass?

Memberships and Season Passes are similar in many ways. Both a Membership and a Season Pass give you unlimited admission to the park. Both also provide a variety of benefits, which are similar across Product/Pass levels (a regular Membership has all of the same in-park benefits as a regular Season Pass, and a Combo Membership has all of the same in-park benefits as a Combo Season Pass.

There are two key differences between a Membership and a Season Pass: (1) A Season Pass expires at the end of the current park "season" (the date that the park closes for the current year) while a Membership continues until it is cancelled; and (2) a Season Pass requires you to pay for an entire season at a time in advance, while a Membership only requires you to pay for one month at a time (also in advance).

One of the most popular features of the Membership is the flexibility it provides: after the initial commitment is complete, a Member can cancel their pass any time they want. A Season Pass cannot be cancelled (since it is paid for in full in advance).

http://content.sixflags.com/fiestatexas/tickets/membership-faqs/

Yup, I know how that is. I've seen it almost every day during construction on my way home from work since I live in the 1604/Bandera area. I get brief glimpses of it as I do the turn around at La-Cantera and 10 (since that's faster than waiting for the clover leaf at the interchange) and then see it while I'm on 1604. It's really cool to see and can't wait to ride it.

^ You can get all those things with a gold season pass. The only thing that makes a membership different is the payment.

Looking at the Membership info, it appears that with a Gold Membership, you get free parking at all Six Flags parks.

is that the same with the Gold Season Pass?

because that free parking at Fiesta as well as SFOT makes it worth if for us -- turns it into a day trip, instead of staying overnight (yeah, we get two days by doing that, but we also do it so we can walk to the park from the Best Western and don't have to pay for parking). . .

It took me literally a minute to look it up. **There are two key differences between a Membership and a Season Pass: (1) A Season Pass expires at the end of the current park "season" (the date that the park closes for the current year) while a Membership continues until it is cancelled; and (2) a Season Pass requires you to pay for an entire season at a time in advance, while a Membership only requires you to pay for one month at a time.

So for those of you who are keeping track, that means you get all the same benefits but your basically paying for your pass monthly. You have to keep the membership for 12 months. I rather pay at once for a season pass. That is what I was saying. I do not see the benefit of paying for a pass to a park during the months it is closed.

I think it comes down to a personal preference between pay at once, or payments, if all else is equal. Different strokes.......and so on. I've always had regular season passes, never the Gold, so I wasnt aware of the benefits of the Gold pass over the Reg. Does the price come out about the same? $108 + tax?

After these pictures, it's time for me to make a confession to you guys. For the past few years I have put down Six Flags as a park and the rides in it. The ONLY reason I have come back year after year with a season pass is for the Entertainment. All the shows are amazing and special in there own unique way. We plan our trips to Six Flags for the shows and if we can catch a short line or two, we will ride. I highly recommend you check out all the shows this upcoming year, especially Monster Mash Bash during Fright Fest. With all this said, Six Flags has me blown away at their attention to detail on this ride. It makes me very proud to live in San Antonio with a ride of this size being right here. Everything about the irat is going to be sick!! I feel like after these years of struggling to keep the park going, they are definitely heading in the right direction, finally. Can't wait to ride this snake!!!!!!

^^

I agree. IRat is really gonna put the park on the map. It's going to be intense from start to finish. I personally don't think the park was "struggling" as previously posted. SFFT may not be the park in the chain with the most attendance in the chain but I'm sure it's bring in the revenue needed to hold it's ground especially in a smaller metro area with a competing park 10 miles away, iRat is going to solidify that. Now if that Boardwalk coaster in that post a few pages back happens in a few years it's gonna be just that much better.