TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

In the last photo, looks like they are covering the bottom of the first drop with a open-sided tunnel... Is that in the same fashion as the Former Rattler due to the cliff and possible falling rocks?

Are you sure that's what that is?

looks to me like that's not the first drop, but rather that's the final dive off the cliff, and then up into the tunnel (the tunnel entrence has always been covered with an open sided tunnel before it actually goes into the rocks).

if you go back a few pages and look at the posted layout, you can see the tunnel there after the dive off the cliff.

but there's no tunnel showing at the bottom of the 1st drop.

The original first drop had the open shed covering the bottom of the first drop. After they put down the track for iRat, it looks like they're doing the same thing. There are several pictures where this is noticeable.

You can see the wood shed dip from left to right across the picture. Also look closely in the foreground and you can see the gray metal I-beams going across and slanting downward to the right for the last drop.

In the last photo, looks like they are covering the bottom of the first drop with a open-sided tunnel... Is that in the same fashion as the Former Rattler due to the cliff and possible falling rocks?

Are you sure that's what that is?

looks to me like that's not the first drop, but rather that's the final dive off the cliff, and then up into the tunnel (the tunnel entrence has always been covered with an open sided tunnel before it actually goes into the rocks).

if you go back a few pages and look at the posted layout, you can see the tunnel there after the dive off the cliff.

but there's no tunnel showing at the bottom of the 1st drop.

It is the first drop, that drop going down above the tunnel is the part leading into the quarry tunnel. I mean im not actually there, but by using the ride layout picture it seems to be the actual drop that has a semi-covered bottom.

Everyone should go check out the Six Flags Fiesta Texas facebook page! There's a video they posted earlier today that shows off the construction of irat! It's awesome!

I was coming here to say the same thing, but you beat me to it!

I'm loving that (newly-installed?) covered-roof all along the bottom of the first drop. Can't wait to ride this coaster!

You have to have it for 12 months. The park is not open for all 12 months. So why would you want to pay during the months the park is not open?

It's meant for people who aren't able to pay the full price all at once, it just spreads out the payments. You have to have it for 12 months otherwise people would use it when the park is open and then cancel it.

Its just a slanted, "shed" roof, both sides are to be open, but it does run from about 20' below the cliff top, almost the entire length of the belly of the 1st drop.

You have to have it for 12 months. The park is not open for all 12 months. So why would you want to pay during the months the park is not open?

It's meant for people who aren't able to pay the full price all at once, it just spreads out the payments. You have to have it for 12 months otherwise people would use it when the park is open and then cancel it.

It also includes things that a season pass wouldnt cover, like ERT events, VIP entry, Bring-a-Friend free days, etc. Total price comes out near the same, but to me, the perks are worth it. Wife and I are switching to Memberships this season for sure