TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I must confess: Texas is starting to become the state for all roller-coasting thrill-seeking riders. Two Six Flag parks in the state of Texas have awesome coasters that are to become the next trend in roller coasters: wood based with steel tracks that has a layout that includes overbanked turns and heartline rolls. Looking at the coaster layout, it appears the designers are taking advantage of the terrain (To me, Six Flags Fiesta Texas will look like they placed an amusement park inside a quarry).

So I have two choices if I want to ride a coaster like that: I can either go to Texas ( or to Silver Dollar City to ride their Outlaw Run) or I can wait a few years until a version comes to park near me. I think I'll choose going to Texas and I better do it soon before it's too late.

"I'm not perfect: I just lover to ride!!!"

I can't decide which coaster I'm more excited to ride! NTAG or Iron Rattler. It's amazing to think what was once one of the world's worst coasters is looking like it could now be one of the best.

For some reason the double down off the quarry wall is what has me salivating the most. I have a feeling that my Top 5 will be changing dramatically this year!

Hmmmmmmmm. It's obviously SFFT. Could this be a hint as to what's to come 2014-2015?

That's what I'm thinking. If you look at videos of their other models, the coasters are typically in a field with some trees and water nearby, just generic terrain. Why would GCI go through the effort of 3d modeling the cliff and other rides in this park for this one specific coaster? If they wanted to show it in a park you think they would pick on with easier terrain to model. There have been rumors about a small woodie in the boardwalk section for awhile now. I'd love to see this be added to the park but I'm doubtful currently.

Edited by Zem

huh.

that would be a good fit for it (in the trailer, it looks to be behind Frisbee running out along side the parking lot. . .which is something that SF0T does w/ Judge Roy Scream.. so wouldn't be unprecedented location.

and really. . with the remake of Rattler, it leaves Fiesta w/out a true woodie.

so maybe.

(tho I'd be lying if I said I was happy to see Pandemonium still in the trailer. . LOL. . . seriously, even the old Joker coaster (backwards corkscrew) was better than Pandemonium is)

Hmmmmmmmm. It's obviously SFFT. Could this be a hint as to what's to come 2014-2015?

That's what I'm thinking. If you look at videos of their other models, the coasters are typically in a field with some trees and water nearby, just generic terrain. Why would GCI go through the effort of 3d modeling the cliff and other rides in the park for this one specific coaster?

I put a wooden coaster for the boardwalk on the survey. It's perfect for that part of the park too. Plus, SFFT needs a wood coaster now that IRat is opening, and from a legit manufacturer with a good rep too.

A GCI was, I think, on a short list for several years 2003-2005. Then there was going to be a NEW Texas Cyclone to replace the old one at AW. That being said this coaster is all white and post Big Spin(aka coaster with 3 names in is 6 year existence) My guess is this is a 2008 proposal to Shapiro's team for a new Texas Cyclone ride.

Is it bad that I want Knoebels to have that coaster? It's not like Fiesta Texas doesn't deserve a new true wooden coaster...

I just fear for the coaster's safety.

To think that before this transformation that drop off the cliff felt like being dropped onto your spine from the top of a six story building.

I think this might be the 2013 equivalent of GhostRider's "the drop" as it was back in the ride's heyday.

Is it bad that I want Knoebels to have that coaster? It's not like Fiesta Texas doesn't deserve a new true wooden coaster...

I just fear for the coaster's safety.

I think it would be nice though for Fiesta Texas to have another family coaster like the one in GCI's video. They currently only have 2 coasters I would consider to be family rides(RRE and Pandemonium). I hope this might be some sort of early leak for a new coaster!

I have been asked by RMC and SFFT to not post anymore "insider" pix. They want to be the ones releasing pix from here on out. But I stand by my previous statement that none of these pix do this ride justice. Insane may be a mild word to describe iRat. Standing at the top of the lift hill, and looking out over the ride, it's just........just............WOW

I bet that view from the top of the lift hill is insane. Also thanks again for posting the pictures that you did before.

Thank you so much for your contributions. I and many others have been following and enjoying your pics for quite a while now, and they have been VERY appreciated.

Thank you.

That quarry drop looks insane.....I'm just speechless at the look of this thing!

On a somewhat related note, could Rocky Mountain be right up there with Intamin as one of the most innovative companies in the coaster industry? If I were a park with one of those late '80s/early '90s big/rough woodies (*cough* Cedar Point *cough*), I'd be on the phone with these guys immediately!!