TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I think it will be able to compare to NTAG. Even though Giant is nearly 5,000 feet of track and Iron Ratller will just be over 3,000 feet I believe it can still compare. I mean the drop on Ratller will be taller, steeper, and include a barrel roll. It could even be better then Giant. Time will tell!

I agree.

I think that first drop on the rattler is going to make up for the length and ride time it gives up to the giant.

BUT, even if it only turns out to be 75% as fun as the giant, I'll still be 110% happy since just looking at the pictures of the new rattler is more fun than riding the old one. :o

I also noticed that on SFFT's FB that their profile pictures says "NEW SUMMER 2013!" I guess that whole "Mid-Spring" thing wasn't realistic after all x)

The ad previously said "Late Spring" so it's not like it's a big difference. I believe Jeff Siebert mentioned a Memorial Day Grand Opening. Anyone know if that has changed?

Sorry to derail things from iRat, but have any of you heard anything about the shows for the upcoming season? Rockin' at Rockville High is a given, but I'm thinking that we'll probably get a new show in the Zaragosa theatre this year, since they seem to rotate them out every couple of years or so. I know that everyone likes to focus on the thrill aspects of the park, but I genuinely enjoy the shows at SFFT and they are a big part of why I visit so often.

^ Dude, you might need to re calibrate your expectations. If you think a seasonal Six Flags park is going to be close to Disney level going into the park then I think even with the winter season ride closings you were going to be disappointed.

My comment saying ,"I've had more fun at Disney parks", was a slam at how lame Disney is at extreme coasters...

Yeah it was a bad day, I'm past it. IF I ever get back again I'd have to give Superman a try and see if they can redeem themselves.

From SFFT Facebook-

"180-foot Tall Lift Hill - Complete! The Iron Rattler's EPIC 81-degree (almost straight down) first drop with a hairline twist is finished. Who's ready for the smoothest and most thrilling ride of your lifetime?"

Is that like a hairline fracture?

Or is the ride so intense your forehead gets bigger?

^I was wondering about that term. Is it just their clever way of saying it's a subtle twist?

I would hope a Memorial Day opening at the latest is still in the works. Even though it's spring, it is thought of as an unofficial start to summer, so maybe they were just marketing to summer-obsessed fans with that mention.

^I've never actually seen any of the shows at Fiesta Texas. Typically when I go I'm only there for a day so I spend the majority of the time riding rides. Which one(s) would you recommend for a short visit?

All of the shows are short. The longest ones are about 35 minutes. My favorite show is Rockin at Rockville High. It's been running since the opening season and is almost always great. I used to go see it 3-4 times a week when I lived closer to SFFT. Aside from that, the show that they have in the Zaragosa Theatre is usually pretty good, plus the theatre itself is a really neat venue. Plus, the air conditioning is a blessing during summer time.