TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Iron Iron Rattler looks sick. As others have mentioned, the track really slithers like a snake! That first drop leaves me speechless.

The carnival slingshot rides are a different story... I find them incredibly ugly, especially this new trailer version. Yuck. It just doesn't go with all the other high-quality, permanent attractions.

I'm not a fan of SF adding these slingshot carnival rides. They have really low riders per hour, aren't very enjoyable, and don't look very nice. That's just my opinion but I wish they had invested in another form of flat ride.

They make money. They are a cheap investment for Six Flags and it brings them money in return.

The carnival slingshot rides are a different story... I find them incredibly ugly, especially this new trailer version. Yuck. It just doesn't go with all the other high-quality, permanent attractions.

They don't look that bad. I feel like a lot of you guys are comparing it to the look of SFMMs, which is undeniably ugly. However this is a different model. If SFFT hides the trailer well enough it will be fine. And like I said above, they bring in a lot of money for the parks. It looks like SFFT is buying it used, so they will get their ROI quicker than if they bought it new.

At SFNE it looks fine.

1633486932_ScreenShot2013-02-02at5_24_53PM.png.9bd4403cc9470b7872ea00dcb8b07b15.png

Screen grabbed this from Google Maps

I don't think the slingshots are ugly, including SFMM's. They are an affordable way to add to the skyline of the park while using a small footprint and upcharging guests. It's all the rage. And how is a trailer model possibly more attractive than SFMMs, anyway?

iRat looks amazing. That drop is something else.

Yeah I was gonna say the same thing. When NTAG was re-tracked it won Best New Ride of 2011. I have a good feeling Iron Rattler will bring home the award in 2013!

You're serious? This ride is totally not better than Gatekeeper! Gatekeeper is at Cedar Point dammit!

Okay now i will NOT be a Golden Ticket Award member..

I totally agree with you that if this rides well (Thats what she said) it should be Best New Ride of 2013. To me Gatekeeper and Outlaw Run should be in there as well. I think Outlaw Run will be good, but not as good as this. All in all the top 3 new rides of next year, (IR,OL,GK) will all be very good rides, it just depends on how well they ride. This one just seems to have everything!

And come on, you really think the GTA's will not choose Gatekeeper as #1 New Ride? I think i said this a before on this thread that the GTA's get VERY horny over Cedar Point.

And come on, you really think the GTA's will not choose Gatekeeper as #1 New Ride? I think i said this a before on this thread that the GTA's get VERY horny over Cedar Point.

Knowing the GTA's, they'd probably pick Flying Turns as being best new ride if it opens this year since it is at Knoebels.

If not (and it probably is going to be more than likely this case), I'm sure this ride, Outlaw Run and Gatekeeper will all have a pretty good chance of taking the category.

Don't forget YOLO - YOLOcoaster opening at Magic Mountain. Iron Rattler is my most anticipate ride!

Indeed, but on that note..don't forget about Gold Striker!

With that, YOLO, outlaw run, rattler and gatekeeper gunna be a great year!

Maybe flying turns will even open and complete the gift

This coaster looks great and all, but I want to know: Do you think it'll be able to compare to NTaG?

well, first off, if you wanna be technical, the layouts are totally different, so no comparison there..........iRat is taller, steeper, and faster, plus the inversion, AND more overbanks.....however, NTaG is the ORIGINAL RMC I-box coaster, which makes it the benchmark for all that follow......But it really seems like apples and oranges to me.