TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I like how the headline says "ultra smooth." The Rattler must have been well named (and not inspired by snakes). I cannot remember seeing an ad for a coaster that prominently highlighted it is "smooth" -- the old version must really have been bad. (I haven't been to SFFT.)

Have you been on NTAG? After my first ride on it, my first words were "that was so smooth". The iron horse treatment will make it very smooth compared to the old ride. So I don't blame them for advertising that it will be smooth.

No, the only Rocky Mountain ride I've ridden is Tremors, at Silverwood. RMC has topper track on the curvy parts (the big spiral plus the turn around at the far side). It's like a small version of Voyage with the tunnels. It's smooth and intense. I think RMC originally built Tremors (they are practically next door to Silverwood) but they didn't do the design work. The only way I could tell the transition between regular and topper track was to watch from the front seat, carefully.

In my opinion, the "Iron Horse" treatment, or whatever you want to call it, takes away the aspects of the wooden coaster, minus the support structure. It's really not too much different than riding a completely steel coaster. With that being said, it is an awesome ride experience. I never got to experience the original Texas Giant, but new NTAG is AMAZING. I was really excited to see The Rattler getting this treatment. It's going to be a beast of a ride...or serpent, Whichever.

^But that is exactly the idea. Take a wooden coaster that is rough and boring, and pretty much outlived it's useful life, and replace it with amazing new coaster experience. I don't see how this is not a Win-Win for everyone.

Reading my post, I should have worded it differently. I agree with you 100%, It's an ingenious idea. Huge win the parks, designers, public!

There really isn't a debate to be had because the exact name of the track system is trivial and unimportant in the long run and I'm just looking for unimportant things to complain about, but I appreciate you going out and getting the information from Rocky Mountain themselves.

Which brings me to something else I don't remember correctly - Iron Rattler - Gerstlauer or Rocky Mountain trains?

Have I already used the words "stunning," "speechless," and "breathtaking" to describe my feelings on this coaster? Because those are the words I keep coming back to every time a new set of quality pics shows up.

Anyone remember when Intamin first generation free falls were being counted as coaster credits?

Yes! I really don't get why that started or stopped, or why you never hear about it nowadays. I also don't really care.

It looks like the train will go right into the brakes after the tunnel. Kind of disapointing, but expected...

Considering the rest of that coaster will likely be better than most other coasters out there, I think a brake run immediately after the tunnel is a small price to pay...

I'd rather have an amazing 45 second roller coaster than a cruddy 1.5 minute one.