TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I think it be cool if SFFT added another family style ride first. In fact I would love to see them get that Justice League Dark Ride. My main reason is because then I-rat line might be less. Then in like two years build a new coaster or move an existing coaster over to the park.

Worst park I've ever been too. Had more fun at Disney parks.

Had a day to kill, saw the park and hit it up after 2 phone calls. We knew going in Superman was down, and the Rattler was being rebuilt. No one, on either call, said Poltergeist was not going to run due to the cold weather, then Pandemonium was being worked on, then while in line for Road Runner it breaks down.

Lamest park ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After Cedar Point, we've become spoiled....

^Hey, don't get greedy, now. Just be grateful the park has one dark ride.

I've never been to the park when it was operating in the years that I have gone. The Twister top spin ride is the same.

What?

They are talking about the Scooby Doo Dark Ride which has been open every single time I have visited the park (50+ times) and has nothing to do with the top spin???

They must just hate me then. The 4 or 5 times I've been it hasn't been open. Not sure why but I always walk by it on my way to Pandemonium and it is just not operating. I love dark rides so this always confused me. I just assumed it wasn't ever operational like the top spin. And there isn't really a relation between the rides but does the top spin ever operate?

Hm odd. Those are the only two rides in the park I haven't ridden yet. Maybe it's because I tend to go on days when there are few people or I've just gotten really unlucky. Also does anyone else think that Fiesta Texas could take out the old log flume by the boardwalk and fit in a new and fairly large family coaster and what do you think they would realistically put in? Didn't they plan on putting one in where Pandemonium is the year Superman opened but they never erected it?

Also does anyone else think that Fiesta Texas could take out the old log flume by the boardwalk and fit in a new and fairly large family coaster and what do you think they would realistically put in?

What's wrong with log flumes?

Had a day to kill, saw the park and hit it up after 2 phone calls. We knew going in Superman was down, and the Rattler was being rebuilt. No one, on either call, said Poltergeist was not going to run due to the cold weather, then Pandemonium was being worked on, then while in line for Road Runner it breaks down.

Went on 12/23, got a ride on Goliath, Boomerang, RoadRunner Express, Poltergeist, and Pandemonium......and everything was running smoothly and the park (the parts that were open) was fairly crowded.

Too bad you had a bad experience.....and I've been to Cedar Point several times and they've had their own issues with down rides so stop acting like it's the perfect park.

Hm odd. Those are the only two rides in the park I haven't ridden yet. Maybe it's because I tend to go on days when there are few people or I've just gotten really unlucky. Also does anyone else think that Fiesta Texas could take out the old log flume by the boardwalk and fit in a new and fairly large family coaster and what do you think they would realistically put in? Didn't they plan on putting one in where Pandemonium is the year Superman opened but they never erected it?

There was a small family coaster that was supposed to go in where Frisbee currently sits(Joker's Revenge was still in the park at that time). and it was supposed to be called Boardwalk Canyon Blaster or something like that. It never got built and then got shipped off to another park to be used as a new attraction. As far as the "log flume" you're referring to is actually a Shoot the Chutes ride called Power Surge and from what I understand its removal has been tossed around by park management but nothing has come of it.

There was a small family coaster that was supposed to go in where Frisbee currently sits(Joker's Revenge was still in the park at that time). and it was supposed to be called Boardwalk Canyon Blaster or something like that. It never got built and then got shipped off to another park to be used as a new attraction. As far as the "log flume" you're referring to is actually a Shoot the Chutes ride called Power Surge and from what I understand its removal has been tossed around by park management but nothing has come of it.

Well like ArizonaGuy said theres no "Log Flume" near the boardwalk, but there is on in the middle of the park called Bugs' White Water Rapids...

But I dont see them removing Power Surge due the Texas heat we get and since the ride never has a line it is the perfect opportunity for anybody just to hop on and get wet or if people are to lazy to wait the 1 minuet queue then they get out of the heat by on the standing bridge. So Im all for the keeping of Power Surge!

They wouldn't have to move anything! There's so much room back by the boardwalk for expansion it's ridiculous! After iRat I hope they really turn their attention to this area of the park.

I'm with you, there is much potential in that SW corner. With proper planning, a medium-sized woodie and a good flat could fit, and would do well back there. Right now, Pandemonium is the only reason to venture back into that corner. As far as removing Power Surge, I'm hoping they dont, cuz its a quick cool down which is very much needed for those who dont wanna deal with all White Water Bay hassle, and the other water rides dont offer as much "splash". Besides, A coaster could go over part of Power Surge without need for removing it.

Edited by cstrfrk67

I take it you've never had a bad day...LOL