TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Just got my call TODAY!!!! I've been hired by RMC to work on iRat. This should be cool. I'll have to check first, but I'm hoping they'll allow me to take some real nice vantage point pix (on my breaks of course) that you wouldn't see otherwise (like, say, from top of the lift hill). Wish me luck, y'all..........Funny thing, I submitted my resume to RMC about the same time that I submitted my resume to SFFT to fill their vacant Carpentry Foreman position (never heard back from SFFT). I've also been told that there's a good chance I'll be offered the opportunity to travel w/ RMC once iRat is complete. Kinda thinkin "Dream Job" here.....LOL

Edited by cstrfrk67

:lmao: Just got my call TODAY!!!! I've been hired by RMC to work on iRat. This should be cool. I'll have to check first, but I'm hoping they'll allow me to take some real nice vantage point pix (on my breaks of course) that you wouldn't see otherwise (like, say, from top of the lift hill). Wish me luck, y'all..........Funny thing, I submitted my resume to RMC about the same time that I submitted my resume to SFFT to fill their vacant Carpentry Foreman position (never heard back from SFFT). I've also been told that there's a good chance I'll be offered the opportunity to travel w/ RMC once iRat is complete. Kinda thinkin "Dream Job" here.....LOL

Congrats. Hope the job really is a dream job for you and we look forward to any photos/info you can legally share. Don't jeopardize your job for the sake of all the coaster nerds.

Edited by larrygator

.....Oh Yeah, forgot to mention that I was outside the fence gettin some update pix when the call came in. I told the man who called where I was, he drove over and we talked for a while. Justin is a real cool dude, lookin forward to workin with him and his crew. He gave me some info on future scheduled projects, but I'm gonna let y'all squirm on that for a bit.

^^

So where are the pics you were getting when you got the call?? LOL j/j Congrats on the job. I'm sure it's going to be a great experience for you.

Considering this turn of events, I should be able to get way better pix than what I can get from outside the fence. The area I was shooting from is pretty much where all of us who have taken pix have been standing. So I figured I'd wait for the "good stuff". Since there's not much going on in the "helix" area right now, there really wasn't much new stuff to shoot. BTW, it is now 100% confirmed from the workers I talked to today.........station brake run right after the tunnel. I repeat, "NO FLYBY". As disappointing as that is too many of us, it should still be an awesome experience.

To my TPR family,

After I've had a little time to sit down, drink a couple beers and let all this sink in, I decided I should take a few minutes and put my thoughts on here for everyone.

Most of you dont know this, but I was involved with the construction of The Rattler back in 91/92. I wasnt much more than a glorified grunt back then, as I had just gotten out of the Navy, and was learning a new trade. But I knew then that this was the direction that I wanted my career to take. However, it was not in the cards for me to follow this path back then. Like many of us in our late teens/early 20s, I was young, dumb, and full of.....well, anyway. I want everyone here to know that I am taking this job VERY seriously. I'm not getting any younger, and opportunities are gettin fewer and farther between. I will be as forthcoming as I can be with any info, pix, etc., but NOT at the risk of screwing up this wonderful opportunity that God has seen fit to bless me with, AGAIN. I can assure everyone that I will let y'all know how things are going as much as I can, but please remember....If I dont talk about it, DONT ASK.

I'm hoping to make this my very last career move(exc. retirement), as it has been a dream of mine all of my life to have a job such as this. My TPR name of CSTRFRK should say it all. I thank all of you who have sent me your support and best wishes, both here in the forum, and through PM. Now lets just hope I dont fall off the damn thing...LMAO.

P.S. I get to ride it FIRRRST

...and tomorrow, I'll be up on top if that huge bump...LOL. First day went really well. As suspected, these RMC guys are a cool group and very enjoyable to work with. I am being trained to install the track (welding, aligning, etc.). Of course, I was given the speech today by the boss about what I am allowed to discuss publicly, and what pix I can and cannot post. Needless to say, it was stressed to speak "in general". RMC is very protective of their designs and methods, and rightfully so. I now have a new appreciation for what goes into a project such as this. If the weather holds out as it has, should see good progress the next couple of weeks.

So according to RCDB, old length of the Rattler was 5080 ft of track and new Iron Horse track length is 3266 ft. Not bad considering it's going to be 3266 ft of awesomeness compared to the old version of about 2000 ft of awesomeness and 3080 ft of boredom.

I can't wait to ride this beast just for the first drop and banked turns. Too bad no station fly by but oh well.....this is going to be a massive improvement. Here's to hoping for a smaller woodie like Apocalypse for the park sometime soon.

Yeah, Jakizle...A boardwalk setting just HAS to have a woodie in it, I agree. How about a semi-re-creation of The Rocket, which was the original woodie in San Antonio. I dont think Knoebel's is going to let us have it back ...LMAO. The room is certainly there, in that back corner, and if you wanted a little more room back there, Pandemonium is easy enough to move to another area of the park; It could go where Boomerang is......HINT HINT. We've got enough wood sitting around right now to start one tomorrow. LOL.

Get this guys. A dive coaster off the top of the cliff. I think that would be an amazing addition to the park although I don't believe it will ever happen. They could take out the old splashdown ride back there as well since they already have Bug's Rapids and since it's one of the less popular attractions and they would have tons of room to expand to.