TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I don't know about in the winter, but I've been there in the summer, and most of the coasters were running single train operations; even during SOME busy days. The only coasters I can remember constantly getting multi-car/train operations were Big Spin, Rattler and S:KC.

^That looks great! It's gonna be a very intimidating drop with the curve action and going down to the canyon floor. I only rode that ride a couple times - in 1995 AFTER the changes - and the drop still was very effective. It had the curve action (right-left-right?) and really creeped over slowly; I have a fondness for coasters that creep over (SF Great America woodies are prime example); where I find most coaster geeks like a fast lift at the time. Slow lifts are very effective for creeping folks out and building up anticipation.

Yeh. It's for sure gonna be a great coaster. I didn't realize how crappy my picture was but that's what you get when you take a picture while you're driving and don't have the option to stop. Lol hopefully SFFT starts to post some more pics of the progress to their Facebook page.

This coaster is coming along great. I can not wait to ride it. I have no doubt that this coaster will win the best new ride of 2013 award. No doubt!

Keep in mind about the GTA's that they get horny about Cedar Point. I think Outlaw Run&Iron Rattler maybe better than Gatekeeper however it will probably still win because its at the Point.

Keep in mind about the GTA's that they get horny about Cedar Point. I think Outlaw Run&Iron Rattler maybe better than Gatekeeper however it will probably still win because its at the Point.

Just because its at the Point does not mean that its automatically Best New Ride.

Yeh. It's for sure gonna be a great coaster. I didn't realize how crappy my picture was but that's what you get when you take a picture while you're driving and don't have the option to stop. Lol hopefully SFFT starts to post some more pics of the progress to their Facebook page.

I'm planning on being there just after Memorial Day. My fingers crossed that it's open by then.

^ Oh I'm sure. I meant the coaster's opening day, whenever that is . lol

Oh haha....I get it. Yeh I can't wait for opening day as well. I was in San Antonio for the holiday and already got my season pass processed so I can use it at SFMM in the mean time.

Rocky Mountain Counstruction posted some pretty good pics of Iron Rattler on their Facebook page. The progress looks amazing. The last picture posted is from the SFFT Facebook page of the bunny hop after the barrel roll.

image_213.jpg

Whoa, that track looks so sleek and smooth!