TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

It would have been an improvement if they would have removed it and put NOTHING in it's place!

That's so true!

I would much rather have a shorter, more intense ride, than a long, slow, and rough one.

I doubt very many women would tell you that.

I've been lurking the forum for a few years. I thought I might as well make a post on my favorite amusement park. Unlike a lot of people, I was somewhat unaffected by the roughness of the old Rattler and actually enjoyed it a lot for a while. Of course that was before I knew of what GOOD wooden coasters were like. I liked the old Rattler for the unique bits that it had going for it. I loved the dives off of the side of the cliff and that last, final, exhilarating plunge into the tunnel. Occasionally I would actually get some pretty good air time! That didn't happen often, but still... The parts I HATED it for were the slow, boring bits where you got shuffled around more than a fat kid during an earthquake. I'm glad they kept so much of the original structure. I'm surprised how much is still there. I was a little disappointed that this couldn't stay a wooden coaster, just redone with topper track. HOWEVER, I was immensely surprised at how good the ride looks. I can also understand that they needed to market this as a totally new ride. Either way, the ride looks great. I personally think it looks better than NTAG, although that may just be me being biased. By the way, that last bit of track standing by the station... If you look at it just right, there is actually room for a camelback or an overbank right before the breaks. I can't wait to ride!

It was just my opinion. Ok then. I wasnt being nasty and never have been. i never said that the end of the ride would have shortened it by half, I said with both helixes gone, it might. I have seen tons of other posts on how a lot of people said the same thing I did about them hoping their was something after the tunnel. I dont see anything wrong with that. I will continue to voice my opinion when need be so go ahead and say what you want. It wont work.

I just want to say I actually loved the old ride a lot. Once Texas Giant became a steelie Rattler was the best woodie in the state. NTAG is a phenominal ride but it doesnt change the fact i miss the old one. Boardwalk Bullet is wonderful but it's not as intense as Rattler was. Yes the new ride looks to be wonderful, but it will be shorter and less intense. For those of us who loved the old ride I think we are allowed to be a bit saddened by the change. Those of you hating on the old version aren't getting chastised for hating it so why are you slamming the people who say anything about the new one? Seems a bit one sided to me. People don't respect opposite opinions around here. I have plenty of good things to say about the new version too but can we stop ripping apart anyone who doesn't agree with the popular perspective?

I just hate that this ride will probably end after the cave. All of that money spent on a ride that might end in 30 seconds after the lift. I will see is it worth the drive once its complete because the helix being removed from atop the cliff and after the tunnel has probably shortened the ride in almost half.

So if I understand correctly you're upset that the park is taking a ride that sucked and turning into an enjoyable experience? It's hard to take you seriously if you consider the helix after the tunnel to be shortening the ride by almost half.

I think almightyfire was simply expressing his disappointment pertaining to one factor of the new ride. The ride will have so much power coming out of that tunnel, yet *may* end soon after – well, that does kinda suck.

Either way (as nothing is confirmed what will actually take place after the tunnel), I'm sure we will all really love this new ride. Even if we complain about the ending; big deal.

We all think about what would "be great" or "better" in coasters - it's natural for us to do that (whether or not we express our true opinions is another thing). The ride seems like it is going to be much shorter now; at the same time whats there will be great. It's perfectly *healthy* to express our opinions and our perceived pros and cons of a new project.

It would be lame if we walked around having the exact same opinions and no ideas of our own. Oh, wait…

I just hate that this ride will probably end after the cave. All of that money spent on a ride that might end in 30 seconds after the lift. I will see is it worth the drive once its complete because the helix being removed from atop the cliff and after the tunnel has probably shortened the ride in almost half.

Half the time on the old version was spent on the super slow pointless helix. I for one am glad that is it gone. I prefer a shorter super intense ride rather than a slow meandering one.

Anyone who argues with an almightyfire post is like yelling at a brick wall made of stupid.

Regardless of who the person is or their reputation (here, on an online forum) - I'm ok with my post, and that the point was valid.

I'm wondering if the park plans to add fire or smoke, or other effects to market the ride. People seemed to actually dig that stuff on the Texas Giant. Didn't Rattler have lights installed in the tunnel at one point?

It was just my opinion. Ok then. I wasnt being nasty and never have been. i never said that the end of the ride would have shortened it by half, I said with both helixes gone, it might. I have seen tons of other posts on how a lot of people said the same thing I did about them hoping their was something after the tunnel. I dont see anything wrong with that. I will continue to voice my opinion when need be so go ahead and say what you want. It wont work.

And many people will continue to disagree with you.

Anyone who argues with an almightyfire post is like yelling at a brick wall made of stupid.

Regardless of who the person is or their reputation (here, on an online forum) - I'm ok with my post, and that the point was valid.

I'm wondering if the park plans to add fire or smoke, or other effects to market the ride. People seemed to actually dig that stuff on the Texas Giant. Didn't Rattler have lights installed in the tunnel at one point?

Oh man, yes I do believe it had lights in the tunnel. It's been so long since I rode it at night but my memory says there were fluorescent lights in the tunnel. Anyone else know?

I just want to say I actually loved the old ride a lot. Once Texas Giant became a steelie Rattler was the best woodie in the state. NTAG is a phenominal ride but it doesnt change the fact i miss the old one. Boardwalk Bullet is wonderful but it's not as intense as Rattler was. Yes the new ride looks to be wonderful, but it will be shorter and less intense. For those of us who loved the old ride I think we are allowed to be a bit saddened by the change. Those of you hating on the old version aren't getting chastised for hating it so why are you slamming the people who say anything about the new one? Seems a bit one sided to me. People don't respect opposite opinions around here. I have plenty of good things to say about the new version too but can we stop ripping apart anyone who doesn't agree with the popular perspective?

I would just like to refer back to this quote. I for one, enjoy almost all coasters, so even seeing one leave is a little sad. I am excited, and anxious for the new version, and would like the new one to be just as good as the hype is. That being said, people have opinions. How can you tell someone that their opinion is invalid, if it is not a fact, and just their thoughts on the subject? People should not be harassed for their way of thinking.

Well I went to Fiesta Texas today (12/22/12) and Poltergeist was opened!! Its never opened during HINP!

Cool deal. Nice to hear that Poltergeist is open. I'm headed to the park tonight so hope it's still running since its usually not open during HiP. How are the crowds??? Looks like a lot of people in the CrackAxle Canyon picture.

Went to Holiday in the Park tonight as well. Got my season pass processed quickly and rode all the coasters that were open. One thing I noticed is that the employees were extremely friendly this year. Every employee i came in contact with was very nice and all had good attitudes. The ride ops were actually efficient for doing one train operation on Goliath and Poltergeist. Unfortunately I didn't get any new pics of iRat because I went to the park in the evening but when we passed by during the day, the lift looks pretty awesome with the orange track and that first drop is truly gonna be amazing. One thing I also noticed is that Poltergeist is a lot more quiet than it used to be. It doesn't have the same roar it used to have. Maybe a new type of wheels??? Anyone know?

I really don't understand why people have to bitch about something good. If it ends up being shorter so be it. If it makes the ride more intense and rideable, it's worth it. I hope Six Flags does this with the Boss at Six Flags St. Louis. I'm looking forward to Iron Rattler. Should be a great ride.