TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

The track color sure is striking. Really looking forward to this!

I have a feeling anyone who shows up on opening day is going to be disappointed- they'll see a big, beautiful Iron Rattler fully built and idle, or perhaps running empty trains.

Reminds me of when I booked a flight before knowing NTAG's opening date and had to bank on it happening sometime during my Texas trip. Thankfully, it was announced to be the day I would arrive, and that day was a success!

0000.jpg.38b1473012ed940f28818f08faeba391.jpg

"Want to venture into the Rattler’s cave? Today we can, thanks to a great new construction pictures from Six Flags Fiesta Texas giving us a look at the work being done inside the cave while they transform it into Iron Rattler" - screamscape.com

here is a picture of the tunnel. cant wait to see what they do with it! from screamscape.com

I just hate that this ride will probably end after the cave. All of that money spent on a ride that might end in 30 seconds after the lift. I will see is it worth the drive once its complete because the helix being removed from atop the cliff and after the tunnel has probably shortened the ride in almost half.

I don't know - wouldn't they have demolished the entirety of the structure of the stuff after the tunnel by now if they weren't going to make it a part of the new layout?

I just hate that this ride will probably end after the cave. All of that money spent on a ride that might end in 30 seconds after the lift. I will see is it worth the drive once its complete because the helix being removed from atop the cliff and after the tunnel has probably shortened the ride in almost half.

So if I understand correctly you're upset that the park is taking a ride that sucked and turning into an enjoyable experience? It's hard to take you seriously if you consider the helix after the tunnel to be shortening the ride by almost half.

Yes, based on what I've seen so far of Iron Rattler, I wouldn't rate it a "disappointment." I'd say it's one of the more intriguing attractions planned for 2013.

I don't know - wouldn't they have demolished the entirety of the structure of the stuff after the tunnel by now if they weren't going to make it a part of the new layout?

THANK YOU!!!!! That's why I'm waiting to see what happens considering if they weren't going to use that part of the old return going back into the station they would have already demolished it before starting the retrack of the lift hill. That would only make logical sense to me. In all the pictures of the lift, it's still there over the lift hill and over Road Runner Express. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on this one.

On another note, the Six Flags Fiesta Texas Facebook site has several new panoramic pics of the coaster. Looks like they honored my request from a previous post and took a few pictures from the Gully Washer platform.

image.jpg.a537bc1561b050d80d62fc39dd1b34ce.jpg

image.jpg.7b747c3f57e8bd0335b77d7fb34a37b9.jpg

image.jpg.b89ad4babd97f64122f02a098426cfcf.jpg

They're probably saving quite a bit of money by eliminating a part of the ride that would have provided the little in the way of thrills, I don't think they're on an unlimited budget like they were with the Giant. Given all the track it would have had to cross over (the turn before the lift, the Roadrunner, the train tracks twice) it could not have been kept low enough to the ground and probably would have made for a slow meandering finish much like the original ride. And cutting the ride's length in half is just what the doctor ordered, much of the ride was pointless. The good parts of the original ride are still there and now enhanced, and the boring parts are outta there.

^^ I highly doubt Six flags had an unlimited budget for NTAG. LOL

I love how we have so many engineers in the forum. They really can't work much on the Last part of the ride after the tunnel considering the train is still running through that area during Holiday in the Park, isn't it?

IN any case, they're not finished yet

So if I understand correctly you're upset that the park is taking a ride that sucked and turning into an enjoyable experience? It's hard to take you seriously if you consider the helix after the tunnel to be shortening the ride by almost half.

Well said. Seriously, people QUIT YOUR BITCHING!!! It would have been an improvement if they would have removed it and put NOTHING in it's place!

I have zero respect for anyone who "complains" about the fact that they are improving this ride. If Iron Rattler was a 10 second enjoyable experience, it would STILL be better than what was there before.

In short, be thankful Six Flags is actually doing something about this ride.

--Robb

Edited by robbalvey

No, the train doesn't run during holiday in the park. The engine is parked on the bridge by boomerang decorated with Christmas lights and has toy soldiers standing by it.

Oh yeh, I forgot about that. It's been years since I've been to HiP. Gonna be headed there this weekend though so I can't wait!!