TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Well I'm not going to judge until I ride the finish product. Each coaster is unique and pretty much custom to each location so the nice thing is that the three coasters aren't cookie cutter and were going to get three different ride experiences with all three of these Rocky Mountain Coasters. It's only the end of October, we've got at least a good 7 more months to go.

10/31 - click to see full size. No new track but they have been busy cutting on the 2nd hill. FWIW the two turns in the old helix are over 90 degrees, look at the supports up close from last week and you'll see they do go past vertical. The 2nd overbank is really close though, maybe 91 degrees, but it should feel distinctly different since there'll be no centripetal force pinning you in the seat. Glad they went with the iron beam track, it should age well. I think many people are crazy over Outlaw because of its insane second hill, which looks like some sort of sick Harry Traver wet dream. IR's barrel roll should look pretty wild too once completed.

ir.thumb.jpg.c06402ececa607c72db4da30b716e1f0.jpg

Fiesta Texas had some ghost hunters investigate the park for ghost of the past. I never knew anybody that died in the park after 1992 but I guess you have to look at the years before that too.

Legend

Six Flags Fiesta Texas was built in 1990 and opened in 1992 in the famous rock quarry of Beckman, TX. While the theme park now resides in San Antonio, up until the early 1980's the area surround the quarry and I-10 was known as Beckman, TX...a town of literally less than 200 people. The main attraction of Beckman, TX was indeed the rock quarry where most were employed. Quarry work was very dangerous and lots of injuries, even deaths were reported at the quarry. According to officials with Six Flags Fiesta Texas the story of the haunting surrounding the park goes back to the 1930's in the time of the great depression and involves a young woman named Neisse.

When Neisse was 7 years old in the mid 1930's her family settled in Beckman, Texas. Neisse made many friends within the community, and their favorite place to play was just outside of town where the new quarry was being created.

With the newly created quarry the town started to grow and the industry of mining limestone grew to make the town a flag stop for the railroad to New Orleans. It became overwhelmed with quarry workers trying to survive the Depression. Within the following years Neisse found herself head over heels in love with a quarry worker. He courted the townsí dear daughter, Neisse, for 2 years before asking for her hand in marriage. Neisseís father was happy that his daughter had found a hard working, honest man. The wedding was planned for the fall and would be held at her favorite spot on the edge of town at sunset with the quarry wall being her back drop, since it was what brought them together. The town was extremely excited to celebrate something in the wake of the depression. The weeks passed and everyone was getting anxious for the day to arrive. However, as the wedding day grew closer, Nessie found herself greatly ill with Tuberculosis...a sure death sentence in those days. Though bedridden, Nessie was determined to maintain her wedding plans and get married. However, just days before she was to be wed, Neisse died. As a way to honor their daughterís dream, the family buried Nessie in her wedding dress on the spot overlooking the quarry where her wedding was to take place.

As the surrounding towns began to prosper with growth and the depression ended, darkness still loomed in the area. Many quarry workers claimed to see the figure of a young bride calling out for her groom.

In the early ë90s, a portion of the quarry became home to Fiesta Texas theme park, complete not only with a variety of rides but also the Zaragoza Theatre. Since its development, many have claimed seeing strange apparitions and hearing distant cries of a young woman in white. It is believed that the Zaragoza Theatre was built directly over the site where Nessie was meant to be wed, but instead was buried.

Video Link

Story Link

For some reason, im getting more exicted about Outlaw Run. Well thats because its a mystery and it goes into the trees and I love that but this is my question. I have ridden The New Texas Giant and the ride was smooth as butter and i'm sure that this coaster will be also, but Outlaw Run is a Topper Track and how much different is a feel in comparison to the Iron Horse treatment this is getting?

RMC installed a "test" section of Topper Track on Rattler a couple of seasons ago. I have to say that the TT retains more of the "woodie" feel than the box track does. It is noticably smoother than standard wooden track, but still has just enough of the vibration in it to let you know your not on a steel coaster.

^Yes, but that was one layer of topper track on existing regular wood track structure. If you look at the construction photos of Outlaw Run, you'll see that the track is being fitted in sections like a plug-n-play Intamin coaster. The track is still a stacked structure like old-school track, but it's being preassembled in sections, then fit together like plug-n-play. I don't think we're going to be able to predict how Outlaw Run is going to feel until we actually ride it. There are similarities to wood, prefab, and steel track all happening at once, but that particular mix is going to have a whole new feel to it, I'm pretty sure.

If they can get the smoothness of El Toro with the out-of-control sensation of a traditional coaster, they might just have a new world's #1 on their hands.

But I digress. This is the SFFT thread, sorry.

Ok. All I have to say is thank you to those who provide picture updates. I've been in San Antonio all weekend and did my shopping at La Cantera like always. As far as being able to take pictures???? I don't know how y'all do it. There's so much brush and trees by neiman-Marcus parking lot I don't understand how you all got the pics. Lol I guess I'm just not draggin my gay ass through all those trees just to get an update. So I guess I just wanted to say thank you to those of y'all who take pics and post updates!!!

Ok. All I have to say is thank you to those who provide picture updates. I've been in San Antonio all weekend and did my shopping at La Cantera like always. As far as being able to take pictures???? I don't know how y'all do it. There's so much brush and trees by neiman-Marcus parking lot I don't understand how you all got the pics. Lol I guess I'm just not draggin my gay A$$ through all those trees just to get an update. So I guess I just wanted to say thank you to those of y'all who take pics and post updates!!!

When I have time to go over there, I get on top of that hill and use a 300mm lens, that helps with not having to crawl through the brush.

When I have time to go over there, I get on top of that hill and use a 300mm lens, that helps with not having to crawl through the brush.

Ahh...so that explains the good photo shots!!! Well again....thanks for the updates. Now that I'm back in Phoenix, I have y'all to count on.

I'm super excited for Iron Rattler! This ride looks sick! And I think it looks much better then Outlaw Run. Ive seen the animation videos for both rides and they both look awesome but to me Iron Rattler looks way better and longer too. My home town park is SFOT and RMC did an amazing job of the reconstruction of New Texas Giant. Iron Rattler looks like it could be better, especially with the the inversion being added. Really cant wait to ride it for the first time next Spring!

Oh wow. This is looking great. In my opinion, much faster than NTAG construction.

I was actually thinking the same thing. Perhaps since it is more open and not so compact, its easier for them to work on it. It could also be, they just got it down now.