TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Looking good! Are those apartments in the background in this photo:

If so, someone needs to go sign a lease today.

I'm pretty sure that is Westin's La Cantera Resort.

You are correct. We stay there or at another hotel intown every year during our annual SFFT trip to San Antonio. I rode the Rattler the week before it closed and I hope to go again next year and ride the Iron Ratter. Two years ago I got a room facing directly out towards the park. I might reserve the same room again for 2013.

^^

You are incorrect.

That isn't the Westin La Cantera Resort. I used to live at those apartments. They are called Mira Vista at La Cantera. They have been there longer than the resort has been. And yes, they have an awesome view of the park.

Edited by ArizonaGuy

Thanks for the update. I think low over banked turns will be really nice, since the turns will come faster. It's going to probably be hauling through those turns anyways.

I dunno... it will surely be going faster than it did in the helix, but I still don't see it being much of a speed demon after it gets all the way back up to the plateau.

Does anyone know if it will use the same wheels that NTAG uses? If so, it will be generally slower overall than it was with wood track and steel wheels. That's why NTAG's length is shorter than the original and has a complete helix gone, even though the first drop is taller.

Having said that, doing those overbanks at a crawling pace could be seriously wicked.

^^

That isn't the Westin La Cantera Resort. I used to live at those apartments. They are called Mira Vista at La Cantera. They have been there longer than the resort has been. And yes, they have an awesome view of the park.

Did people complain about noise?

^^

Did people complain about noise?

^^

Noise wasn't too bad but when they used to do the Lone Star Spectacular every freakin night during the summer, it got old really quick. The other thing that sucked was when they would direct certain lanes of traffic to leave the area via 1604 instead of the 10 it would send tons of traffic past the apartment entrance. 4th of July sucked the most. I lived there 1998 to 2000 so I got to see Scream, Boomerang, Poltergeist, and SKC get built.

^^

The pictures show a very small section of what used to be the helix. As you can see...they are close up shots so I'm sure it's not as small as you think it is. I'm sure once more track gets put down, it will be easier to take photos of larger sections. I do agree that it does look pretty low to the ground.

Looking good!

On a random side note, I came across some old footage of the park from the Disney movie Blank Check released in 1994. They filmed a few flats, Power Surge, and most notably, Rattler before any of its major modifications. Jump to 5:49 for the ride footage. It's pretty fun to watch.

Are they really calling that an overbanked turn? That looks more like 90* to me. But wow! That headchopper looks amazing... RMC is really shaping up to be one of the best companies of this millennia!

I've always just considered "overbanked" turns to not necessarily mean over 90 degrees, but turns that have more banking than necessary. Or maybe that's just me...

Over-banked turns are typically considered to be rolled at ninety degrees or more, and I personally consider anything over 135 degrees an inversion, because above 135 degrees, your body is pointed more in the negative-Y direction than it is in either X direction.

Some curves are banked more (or less) than they're supposed to so that you intentionally get lateral Gs in the curve.

For some reason, im getting more exicted about Outlaw Run. Well thats because its a mystery and it goes into the trees and I love that but this is my question. I have ridden The New Texas Giant and the ride was smooth as butter and i'm sure that this coaster will be also, but Outlaw Run is a Topper Track and how much different is a feel in comparison to the Iron Horse treatment this is getting?