TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Wow this looks like the best new coaster of 2013 so far Imo, it looks absolutely freakin amazing I can not wait to try this beast out!!! It looks exactly how I was imagining it would turn out... twisted airtime overbanked galore wish I could say the same for another coaster announced today in the same chain further west lol

Here a picture of the original Rattler layout. From this you can see that the Iron Rattler roughly follows the original layout. The only part from the video I can't figure out is what happens after the tunnel in the quarry. You can see how it originally goes into a big helix with a station flyby.

If you look at where the original comes out of the tunnel, it's not hard to mentally connect it to that track that goes back into the station without doing the helix first. From the videos, this is apparently how it's going to be.

To be honest, I'm a little sad SFFT released a full layout video. Probably the most exciting part of NTAG's reconstruction was seeing what would be preserved and what would be improved. I remember the first pic of the reprofiled drop and so many people getting excited for it, and then the same when SDC started on Outlaw Run and all the speculation over what the GICT was, and if it was really what it looked like it was. Oh well, awesome roller coaster looks awesome. I'll have to schedule another visit to my friend in Austin in a year or so

Wow this looks like the best new coaster of 2013 so far Imo,

Me too, knowing what they did with NTAG and Outlaw I knew that this would be special. Knowing that they could put some cool elements using the terrain and yeah that barrel roll over the cliff looks epic.

Edited by theonetheonlyJT

If you look at where the original comes out of the tunnel, it's not hard to mentally connect it to that track that goes back into the station without doing the helix first. From the videos, this is apparently how it's going to be.

By looking at the video nothing is really clear so to me it's really hard to say which way it's going to go. Yes it's easy to mentally connect it based on what you see...but we also can't see the full structure in around the station section. So it can go either way. If they've already got structure and track there and it just needs to be retracked, I don't see them taking away the single helix with the fly by on the way into the station.

I think if it had a helix before the brake-run they would've shown it in the POV. Just watched it again. God it looks so good!

Well they technically didn't show the final brake run in the POV either so it's just speculation that the final helix is not there. It could still be there next season, then again it may not be. As was discussed before it's just artist concept so it may not look EXACTLY as it does in the POV. We're just gonna have to see.

I think if it had a helix before the brake-run they would've shown it in the POV. Just watched it again. God it looks so good!

Well they technically didn't show the final brake run in the POV either so it's just speculation that the final helix is not there. It could still be there next season, then again it may not be. As was discussed before it's just artist concept so it may not look EXACTLY as it does in the POV. We're just gonna have to see.

Definitely, My guess it will bank into the brake run to end the ride or maybe the park is holding another surprise for us!

BTW, this coaster looks AMAZING! My only bother was the track color, but when your hurdling down hill at 70mph at 81 degrees and doing Barrell Rolls, who gives a flying flip!

I'm so jealous I don't live in Texas right now

OMG why?

full of right-wing hatemongers (well, cept for Austin ), and more importantly, it's SO FREAKING HOT!

seriously, our Theme Park trips always are fairly short ones, since the heat just wipes you out!

Here's a picture I got off of the mysa.com website.

Did no one else notice that extra barrel roll on the top of the cliff? Another double inversion wooden coaster! This thing looks so awesome!

Well, first of all, it's not a wooden coaster since they're using Iron Horse track. Second, Outlaw Run has three inversions. Six Flags can't have every record.

That said, this might just make it worth a return trip to Fiesta Texas. Rattler was horrible, but with the awful helix removed and a smoother ride, it looks not just tolerable but actually fun.

Did no one else notice that extra barrel roll on the top of the cliff? Another double inversion wooden coaster! This thing looks so awesome!

Looks like one of those outside Stengel dive things to me.

Also, did they just call it "the first hybrid coaster ever"?

Edited by nannerdw

Yep. This settles it. I simply MUST get my butt to Texas!!

Iron Rattler looks seriously awesome! This was easily the announcement that excited me the most from Six Flags yesterday. That first drop looks simply heavenly, and the hills and turns up on the quarry wall look fantastic as well! Not to mention, I've always wanted to check out SFFT anyway with that unique setting.

The thought of doing an "Iron Horse tour" and hitting up this and New Texas Giant is like a coaster enthusiast's wet dream!!

I'm probably most intrigued with the crazy back-to-back overbanked hills. I'm not sure what that's going to feel like, but it should be interesting. It looks like one of them is almost like the 153 element on OR.

OR...OR..... Outlaw Run? Oh my god! How are we going to distinguish between Outlaw Run and Orphan Rocker?!?

I'm probably most intrigued with the crazy back-to-back overbanked hills. I'm not sure what that's going to feel like, but it should be interesting. It looks like one of them is almost like the 153 element on OR.

OR...OR..... Outlaw Run? Oh my god! How are we going to distinguish between Outlaw Run and Orphan Rocker?!?

OLR for Outlaw Run and ORO for Orphan Rocker.

Anyways, I think the Iron Rattler will be a awesome ride that will most likely break everyone's top ten list. That area where the helix was looks like huge improvement and the drop will most likely provide some crazy airtime.

What is the difference between Topper Track and the track on Outlaw Run?

The track on Outlaw Run is Topper Track. Topper track is only the top portion of the track that the wheels ride on, but still has wood structure in the rails themselves. The track on NTAG and Iron Rattler is RMC's Iron Horse track, which the rails are entirely steel. You can see the difference on RMC's homepage: http://rockymtnconstruction.com/index.html

I'm so jealous I don't live in Texas right now

OMG why?

full of right-wing hatemongers (well, cept for Austin ), and more importantly, it's SO FREAKING HOT!

seriously, our Theme Park trips always are fairly short ones, since the heat just wipes you out!

There is some truth to that, but having spent the summer of '95 (lightyears ago!) as an intern at SFOT, I really enjoyed Texas. I find that many of those people that are ... what's the proper word... "uninformed," are actually quite nice and ready to talk when they are one-on-one. It's also about our approach. If we call them names like haters, etc, we are doing to them what they do to us. You know what happens when people get in groups; monkey see/monkey doo. And unfortunately, that's how politics works, too.

"They just don't know any better." Remember, people used to think the Earth was flat, and people who said opposite were put to death.

I haven't been to Texas in many years, but it has quickly come back on my radar as a fine "coaster central" state. I can't wait to get back! Even if I don't like what's been added since I was last there (which I'm sure will NOT happen), I always have Shockwave to fall back on!