TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

^^

Exactly....thats what I'm saying. I'm glad (from the looks of it) the trains won't have those side windows/panels like NTAG. Never really understood what those were for.

Those were to keep people from sticking their arms out the sides of the car and hitting structrure.

Apparently, they're doing this one with enough clearance so they won't need the side blockers.

it does look quite short, and I wish it did SOMETHING where the Helix once was. . but still, looks phenomenal, and can't wait to ride.

my Partner just took a look at the first drop over my shoulder and said "no way". . .LOL, but hey, if I can get him on Superman, I can get him on this.

I'd just like to point out that I am still stunned looking at the first drop. Notice how the first drop slightly twists to the left near the top, not at the top but a little afterwards when it suddenly gets steeper. Seeing how the back car is yanked down that little twist, it looks like the drop will provide the "Oh s**t!" recipe that consists of simultaneous extreme ejector air and laterals. I don't know if there is anything more OMFG looking than that moment, it looks THAT insane.

It is definitely an homage to the original Rattler drop, which also did a little twist just as it got steeper... if this even gets close to the sensation of the old one, it will be epic.

it does look quite short, and I wish it did SOMETHING where the Helix once was. . but still, looks phenomenal, and can't wait to ride.

my Partner just took a look at the first drop over my shoulder and said "no way". . .LOL, but hey, if I can get him on Superman, I can get him on this.

It looks like it does quite a bit where the helix was...a definite improvement. It seems like there will be a few moments of airtime and what looks to be a reverse over banked turn up there. Much better than what used to be in its place.

This looks amazing, I can't wait to ride this. I will definitely need to make a trip to ride Outlaw Run, Iron Rattler, and New Texas Giant. This looks great but Outlaw Run looks better. I have nothing against Iron Rattler but Outlaw Run looks better. Technically, Outlaw Run will be the first wooden coaster to go upside down, as Iron Rattler will take 8 months to complete.

Well if you want to be technical, SOB was the first wooden coaster to go upside down... Ohhh, and there is also the fact that Iron Rattler isn't a wooden coaster.

Technically, the first wooden full-circuit coaster with a loop was Brooklyn's "Flip-flap Railway" circa 1895 or so.

^ Hmmm... I have never before heard of that. Now I'm reading everything I can on it. Thanks for the correction

Edit: Man, I didn't know how far back the first looping coasters went. Reading all about Centrifugal Railway's becoming big in France in the 1840's!!!

^ Hmmm... I have never before heard of that. Now I'm reading everything I can on it. Thanks for the correction

Edit: Man, I didn't know how far back the first looping coasters went. Reading all about Centrifugal Railway's becoming big in France in the 1840's!!!

Yeah, the Centrifugal Railway was the reason I specified Flip-flap being the first full-circuit looping coaster, rather than just the first looping coaster.

I just keep thinking about it, and this will very likely be the best coaster opening next year! It's completely massive and utterly jam-packed full of crazy airtime and other awesomeness. I'm so jealous I don't live in Texas right now, but I am looking forward to hearing about a possible Texas Bash at the two Six Flags! It would be my dream to ride NTAG and IRAT in a weekend!

I mean I know without the full triple helix it's going to end up shorter but I wonder if they're making up for some of that after the tunnel towards the end of the ride??

I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Looking carefully at the videos, it appears that the track exits the tunnel and heads right for the station.

He did the same thing for Powderkeg at SDC, even though PK only uses a small segment of the old Buzzsaw Falls coaster that existed before it...

Iron Rattler is definitely everything I expected it to be. We knew the drop was coming back and that the helix was more or less going away, and the rumors of the barrel roll were around for a little while, so nothing really caught me off guard here. I am pleased with what I see. I'm probably most intrigued with the crazy back-to-back overbanked hills. I'm not sure what that's going to feel like, but it should be interesting. It looks like one of them is almost like the 153 element on OR.

I think it'll be interesting comparing this ride with Outlaw Run. Right now I couldn't tell you which one will be "better", and it's likely opinions will vary anyway. I'm biased to OR so far, but I've though that layout over a lot more. What's happening after the tunnel on this one?

It would seem that you will pop up on a semi large hill out of the tunnel and then to the brake runs... the first of which appear to be on a slight incline. This should mean the ride never lets up and that the ride will end soon and push through more guest. Maybe not the best for us, but a good one for the GP... give them the Gusto and end the ride to move the line!

Ryan

What's happening after the tunnel on this one?

It's hard to tell. On the long promo video that's 1:11 long......if you pause and move slowly through the frames starting at 0:14 to 0:15 seconds when it says "A Terrifying Plunge", It looks like the same thing that's already there currently which is coming out of the tunnel, do the station fly by then circle around to the brake run.

As far as what others have posted about the video showing it headed out of the tunnel straight into the station???? I still don't see it, Unless I'm not looking at the right video.

Pretty good, I'd say.

Kinda makes me lose some respect for that site.

I'm right there with you. Since rcdb says so, now no one will be able to count it as a new credit. That loud noise you just heard is a wrench that was thrown into the plans of dozens of enthusiasts who meticulously planned every last detail of summer 2013 with the intention of making New Rattler their milestone coaster. Now, instead of Rattler being #500, it'll end up being a dragon coaster at some FEC, or even worse...Vekoma Boomerang. Sabotage.

You can see in these two photos it pops out of the tunnel into a declined brake run and turns into the station:

I see it now. I noticed on that second picture you posted and I was about to post the same picture....it just seemed a little too high to be coming out of the tunnel I figured it was going into the fly by helix before the brake run. I guess whatever it turns out to be, we'll just have to deal with it. Thanks for posting your pics Jake. They're a lot more clear than what I was able to come up with.

^^

That's really funny.

I'm not familiar with the quarry at Fiesta; is there a backside that the track will come out of? Then a banked turn up and over and into the downward brake-run? Is that whats happening here? How is it so high up?

Edited by brock_boehm

^^

Yup I agree. I keep seeing different things at different angles. I'm so freakin excited that this is actually happening but at the same time I'm afraid they're going to mess it up some how. My gosh it's going to be a long 8-9 months!!!! urgg!

Here's some updated info from the press release on mysa.com. We already knew this but just felt like posting it anyways.

ironrattlerstats.jpg.8593aa46eb615e2329beb309d9132a44.jpg

Edited by ArizonaGuy

Here a picture of the original Rattler layout. From this you can see that the Iron Rattler roughly follows the original layout. The only part from the video I can't figure out is what happens after the tunnel in the quarry. You can see how it originally goes into a big helix with a station flyby.

rattler.jpg.0d2de1a64b7ea44a48f29c1356031ce6.jpg

^^That's why I was thinking it would probably be the same ending or maybe just spiced up just a bit. I guess we're just gonna have to wait and see.

I'm also assuming they're going to continue with 2 train operation instead of going back to 3 trains???

Not knowing much about the original and never ridden it, it was really hard to tell how this new ride compared. It kinda does follow it without the helix.

What I really wonder now, since I didn't follow the construction of Texas Giant, is do these things actually use anything from the original rides? Do they use the footers or any original support structure or are the more or less from scratch? I would think they would really benefit from replacing all the old beams n such which makes me wonder why these things are built in a similar route at all.

Edited by SLUSHIE