TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

Iron Rattler? Ugh, that name to me is pretty bad. It just doesn't sound right.

And, honestly, I have lost enthusiasm with the barrel roll idea. It just, to me, ruins the idea of a wooden coaster. A wooden coaster, to me, is a rickety, inversion-less ride that gives you a riproaring and exciting experience. I think of wooden coasters as an escape from inversions. But now, I guess that can't even be a reality.

Ronnie James Dio will always rock.

I really really really always wanted to ask Ron Toomer if he was **aware** of the corkscrew entrances on the most of the rides he ever designed. I know he didn't ride them... but???? I mean??? Couldn't have someone said "splurging on a little more track bending could make this ride ride-able"?

It's not ROCKET SCIENCE

PS - oh yeah, what's up with "Iron Rattler"??? Are they that unimaginative? I mean - with Iron Shark (which *IS* a cool name) opening this year in the same state.

And, honestly, I have lost enthusiasm with the barrel roll idea. It just, to me, ruins the idea of a wooden coaster. A wooden coaster, to me, is a rickety, inversion-less ride that gives you a riproaring and exciting experience. I think of wooden coasters as an escape from inversions. But now, I guess that can't even be a reality.

This will be a steel coaster, so the novelty of a barrel roll is already lost on me with this.

NOW, if they were to insert the barrel roll right after the horseshoe turn, so it flies into a barrel roll (or multiple rolls) as it heads back up to where the helix used to be, then THAT would be freaking awesome. It would be kinda like OutRun's finale, a set of rolls on an upward incline. The big difference is that these would be very visible to the park patrons rather than hidden off in the woods. It would be pretty freaky to watch, I'll bet.

This will be a steel coaster, so the novelty of a barrel roll is already lost on me with this.

NOW, if they were to insert the barrel roll right after the horseshoe turn, so it flies into a barrel roll (or multiple rolls) as it heads back up to where the helix used to be, then THAT would be freaking awesome. It would be kinda like OutRun's finale, a set of rolls on an upward incline. The big difference is that these would be very visible to the park patrons rather than hidden off in the woods. It would be pretty freaky to watch, I'll bet.

True, I forgot the fact that it was going to be Iron Horse. That would be very interesting to watch.