TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags Fiesta Texas (SFFT) Discussion Thread

I'm agreeing with that one person. I was able to ride it 5 times in a row enjoyably yesterday! Only one jerk that scared me but it was at the very end and it actually was kinda fun! The topper track made the curves that shook feel more like an an up and down vibration than an all around shake fest! I loved it! Definitely riding again when I go back!

EDIT: Also saw the new Lone Star Nights show! Beautiful! Had amazing music and a wonderful story! Recomended to anyone wanting to see it!

Any word of what was discussed during the Q&A session at NTAG Bash in Dallas about the Rattler being one of the next Six Flags coasters to get some Rocky Mountain treatment. Is it just the topper track or is it gonna get a nice make over like Texas Giant???

^^

I would totally KILL to have that first drop back.(well not really because then I'd be in prison and wouldn't be able to ride it) but anyways.....I rode the Rattler when it opened in 1992 and that first drop was absolutely amazing and quite honestly scared me a bit. Being able to have it back would be awesome. The taller fan curve would be nice as well as it too has been butchered over the years as well.

I definitely vote "Extreme Makeover: Rattler Edition"

Just got off Rattler front row and Im back in line to try the back. Guess what? The topper track is fantastic and feels like a wooden coaster. Basically it feels like a brand new GCI...its silky smooth but still has that great wooden coaster vibration. I think its all because the NTAG rides tight to the rails while these woodies with topper track still have the same PTCs that dont ride the rails as tight. Basically I think the topper track is what will become extremely popular as it makes rides really smooth, will keep them reliable, but still keep the wooden coaster feel.

Two words: Boardwalk Bullet

Can you imagine if that little coaster became consistently smooth and gave "rain ride" quality rides each time?

It was running really well the other day when I was there (62 seconds lift-to-brake), but I hate the (very real) possibility each time that I'll drive down there and it will be a crap day at nearly 70 seconds. Low 60's on that ride are top-10 worthy. Low 70's on that ride are brutal, bone-jarring crap.

^^

I would totally KILL to have that first drop back.(well not really because then I'd be in prison and wouldn't be able to ride it) but anyways.....I rode the Rattler when it opened in 1992 and that first drop was absolutely amazing and quite honestly scared me a bit. Being able to have it back would be awesome. The taller fan curve would be nice as well as it too has been butchered over the years as well.

I definitely vote "Extreme Makeover: Rattler Edition"

Ditto on the return of the first drop and all of the awesomeness that it was. My one ride on it pre-butchering is mostly a blur, but I remember that at the midpoint of the drop when it twisted slightly and got steeper, the ENTIRE TRAIN started spewing profanities and reaching for the lapbars. Delicious.

As for the fan curve, I'd say leave it low like it is. The train crawled over it originally, but the lower version (with the replacement of the original first drop) might just give some floater air.

Topper track or extreme makeover? While I would LOVE to see the extreme NTAG style makeover on Rattler (especially doing something radical with the helix), I'm guessing that it will be a topper track project. They've already toppered some of it and it seems odd that they'd go through that trouble this year just to rip it all off next year and do Iron Horse. I'm thinking that the topper this year was a test and if it goes well (as it seems to be), the rest of the ride will get it for next year - with a few modifications to the layout, but not a totally new layout like NTAG.

Just speculatin'

Ditto on the return of the first drop and all of the awesomeness that it was. My one ride on it pre-butchering is mostly a blur, but I remember that at the midpoint of the drop when it twisted slightly and got steeper, the ENTIRE TRAIN started spewing profanities and reaching for the lapbars. Delicious.

As for the fan curve, I'd say leave it low like it is. The train crawled over it originally, but the lower version (with the replacement of the original first drop) might just give some floater air.

Topper track or extreme makeover? While I would LOVE to see the extreme NTAG style makeover on Rattler (especially doing something radical with the helix), I'm guessing that it will be a topper track project. They've already toppered some of it and it seems odd that they'd go through that trouble this year just to rip it all off next year and do Iron Horse. I'm thinking that the topper this year was a test and if it goes well (as it seems to be), the rest of the ride will get it for next year - with a few modifications to the layout, but not a totally new layout like NTAG.

Just speculatin'

I totally agree with your comment about the original first drop. I recall that slight twist in the first drop where the drop got really steep and the "F" bombs started dropping.

I also thought about them possibly doing more topper track in the future but it was my understanding that the topper track is only in a very small section of the ride. Even if they do still keep the topper track going, the two things that would be nice would be the original first drop(or something quite close to it) and them getting rid of the helix and replacing it with something better. If they can't replace the helix, they can always bank all the curves. who knows....

• 4 weeks later...

If you are planning on going to Fiesta Texas soon, please take note!!

Due to a fireworks ban enacted by the city of San Antonio Fire Dept., fireworks will currently not be included in showings of Lone Star Nights. Video, laser, and multimedia portions of the show will remain. All your favorite rides, shows, attractions, and our free water park (with paid admission) will still be available.

I am glad that I saw the whole show last week. Drought is no fun =(

Visited the park on Weds, a first time. Beautiful, much nicer than the typical Six Flags park. Operations though were typically poor. Rattler, the mine train and Goliath each ran one train. I timed 3 Rattler cycles: 5:35, 6:40, 7:25! Weak.

I have a new worst woody. Rattler makes Mean Streak a walk in the park. Awful!

We checked out the remodeled theater - very nice. Ovation's performers seemed genuinely talented too. The sound system was overly loud to the point of distortion and isolated feedback. We regretfully walked out.

Superman was the class of the line up (of course). 7/10. The first half was great, loved the setting and the unique layout. Once we hit the break run it meandered pointlessly. I rank it 3rd among floorless coasters behind Kraken and Medussa, but above Bizzaro and Scream.

Truthfully, the park didn't need better ops. The place was fairly empty, with the waterpark drawing the best crowds.

^No, Poltergeist had only one train too - I forgot that one. Two ops in the station for every one of the rides, even Superman. No sense of urgency either. Big Spin had the best crew, followed by Poltergeist. The rest were south of lackluster.

Due to a fireworks ban enacted by the city of San Antonio Fire Dept., fireworks will currently not be included in showings of Lone Star Nights. Video, laser, and multimedia portions of the show will remain. All your favorite rides, shows, attractions, and our free water park (with paid admission) will still be available.

Wow that really sucks. I was there June 21st, and I thankfully stayed for the show. The video and laser stuff was cool, but the fireworks really made the show. It's a shame.

• 1 month later...

320618_10150302922038491_17448368490_7778122_7850876_n.jpg

I accidently spilled Water on the details for our big announcement! Fear not though because I've cleaned up the spill....somewhat. The news may have to wait a bit longer. Stay tuned!

Link

Rumor is a Skyscreamer, and I think I can see it!!

Edited by jps294

Six Flags Fiesta Texas Announces Major Tower Attraction for 2012

Guests Will Experience Thrills at New Heights with SkyScreamer

September 1, 2011 – San Antonio, TX – Six Flags Fiesta Texas revealed plans today to give guests more to scream about in 2012 with the introduction of SkyScreamer. The newest sensation in tower rides, SkyScreamer joins the park’s already spectacular lineup of thrills as it takes guests skyward, high above the park. The addition of SkyScreamer continues Six Flags Fiesta Texas’ tradition of providing thrilling rides and award-winning live entertainment.

A selection of new and returning show favorites will also be featured in 2012.

Towering 200-ft. above the ground, SkyScreamer will surpass the height of the park’s quarry walls. Thirty-two guests will board the ride and sit two across in open air swings as they climb to the top of the SkyScreamer tower while spinning round and round. At full swing, guests will soar in a 98-ft. circle at speeds of 40 mph with the rest of the park far below their dangling feet.

“SkyScreamer will provide a breathtaking, panoramic view towering above our unique park setting. From the vantage point of these thrilling, open-air swings, guests will have an unusual birds’ eye perspective of the San Antonio skyline as they soar to new heights,” stated

Park President Martin Bozer.

By day, guests will have an aerial view for miles past the cliff walls and even into downtown.

By night, SkyScreamer will provide a totally different experience. SkyScreamer will take flight in Spring 2012.

Guests may enjoy Six Flags Fiesta Texas all season long including the new SkyScreamer, concerts and special events with a 2012 Season Pass. Now through October 30, 2011 guests can purchase a 2012 Season Pass and get the rest of 2011 FREE including Fright Fest and Holiday in the Park! Guests who purchase and process a 2012 Season Pass 4-Pack by

October 30, 2011 will receive a special price of $56.99 (plus tax) per pass and free Season Parking Pass. A Season Pass offers unlimited visits to both the theme park and White Water Bay water park and comes with over $300 of in-park savings on food, games and souvenirs, free tickets for friends and access to exclusive events. It is the best deal to experience the best thrills!

About Six Flags Entertainment Corporation

Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company with 2010 revenue of nearly $1.0 billion and 19 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. Six Flags Over Texas, the company’s flagship location, is celebrating its 50th anniversary season in 2011.

Source:

http://news.sixflags.com/2012news/2011/08/26/fiestatexas/

[coastertube]http://www.themeparkreview.com/coastertube/play.php?vid=SkyScreamer_TRT_147_o2mq[/coastertube]

SkyScreamer-Ascending.thumb.jpg.b459bc71ac4edf2b2f749301dbaa4c1d.jpg

SkyScreamer-Girls.jpg.f41ba400792a8ee06f0105e6b4b46697.jpg

SkyScreamer-in-Motion.thumb.jpg.00c4f8f5d3838de4ca096a53d721ec45.jpg

SkyScreamerLogo.thumb.jpg.2e414ca8705c4a9895f21a8ca0df6c58.jpg

SkyScreamerRiders.thumb.jpg.4f002150d93b10763e188248aee0e32d.jpg

SkyScreamer-View-from-Below.thumb.jpg.2b8e04bf108bc2b44a5fcb80ad9ca1cd.jpg

Edited by ernierocker

New Picture!

312351_10150303850198491_17448368490_7785044_3901270_n.jpg

I'm anxious to share the big news! However, the details are still ruined. I'm making a little headway with my cleanup efforts though. Hang tight, all will be revealed soon...

Looks harder than the first!

Then, what ride is this picture?

• 3 months later...

Well I went to the park (12/16/11) so my family can get season passes and to see construction but their wasn't and also asked employees about SkyScreamer and the location (since they never announce the location) here is what they told me!!

1st employee (at front gate taking surveys): She said that she doesn't know and also said that alot of the employees don't know since they are keeping it a surprise! I was like how would it be a surprise?

2nd employee (at Studio 6F): She was actually the only person that told me where it could be located, but she told me she could be wrong but she was positive on it though!

She told me that it will be built in Spassburg where the original swings are (Whirligig) and that will be an easy location for them to build it at! Then I said HOLD UP, You know how many locations in the park where that ride can be built without removing a single ride. She said I know and if I had to choose a location it would be next to Pandemonium.. Then I said at least that will of been a better option!

3rd employee (Season Pass Center): She said she didn't know, but that she had to market it to people so they can get a season pass!

4th and last employee (Hospitality Canter): He told me that he had no clue but told me that it will be ready in March!

-----------------------------

So that's all I got today... Well I discovered that it might be located in Spassburg and relplace Whirligig and that it will open in March! But you can see my trip report on HERE!

But yeah! I can't wait tell March!