TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I'm not sure it's fair to include the flags on top as part of the height to claim it as the tallest. For example, if Kingda Ka and Dragster were the same height, yet one had a metal rod sticking up on the stairs connected to the top hat, and saying that one is taller. The maximum height may be taller, but the ride itself does not reach a greater height.

I was obviously making a joke as that "Boston accent" is one of the most isolated accents I've ever seen. You can be 20 minutes outside of Boston and rarely hear it, but when you're in the city it's all you hear. I have heard it in parts of New Hampshire though.

Wow, that thing is MASSIVE! While Goliath definitely added to the skyline in that part of the park, I didn't think anything would ever dwarf Cyclone like that. The drive coming up from Connecticut is never going to be the same again; can't wait to ride it this summer!

I was obviously making a joke as that "Boston accent" is one of the most isolated accents I've ever seen. You can be 20 minutes outside of Boston and rarely hear it, but when you're in the city it's all you hear. I have heard it in parts of New Hampshire though.

Funnily enough, the person with the single thickest Bahstin accent I've ever heard is from the Worcester area and will make sure you know if you ever make the mistake of insinuating he's from Boston. Quoth him: "Bahstin? I'm from fahkin' Woosta, khed! Bahstin's queeah!"

And yes, people from Boston all the way up to Nashua and Manchester really do talk like that, and it's pretty common in all but the most northern portions of Maine as well. Profanity might as well be punctuation around here, and this is probably the only place on earth where you can hear LGBT individuals calling things "gay" or "queer" without a hint of irony. The NH/MA/ME tri-state area is a weird place.

Sorry if this has been posted before but SFNE Online has posted a construction tour of the New England SkyScreamer and there is also information about changes for the new season. The tour was from the beginning of the month so the ride was just starting vertical construction but there is still a lot of neat facts that everyone has been wondering about on here!

http://bit.ly/OC05bW

The new biometric scanning process sounds great. Also, the fact that JB's is going on the dining pass will probably encourage me to buy one as it's by far the best restaurant in the park.

Any word on how the biometric scanning system will work on a membership from another park?

• 2 weeks later...

Considering construction is done and the park has posted pictures of the swings being lifted into the air, I think it will probably be earlier than the "opening this summer" posted on the website but I'm not expecting them to be ready for opening day. I don't know if I've heard of any reports of the ride actually testing yet. To be honest though, I'm not worried about when it opens because I will never get on it (other than I really don't want to be in the park on the ride's opening day).

That final picture of SkyScreamer over Cyclone seems strange. Is it just me, or is the chassis at an angle? Hope not, because that last picture makes me want to avoid the ride at all costs.

I think that's just distortion from the wide angle lens on the camera.