TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I would not be surprised to see Cyclone receive either an I-Box conversion or be redone entirely in Topper Track, but I'm guessing it's relatively low on the refurbishment chain (my guess: Medusa (SFM), then Colossus (SFMM), then Boss (SFStL), then American Eagle (SFGAm), then Cyclone (SFNE)...one per year). I highly doubt Cyclone will be going anywhere anytime soon. If any coaster at SFNE is likely to be removed in the near future, it is Flashback or(significantly less likely) Mind Eraser.

As for a new coaster, a ZacSpin would be a poor fit for the park, as the capacity is terrible (at best I'd estimate Green Lantern gets 500 riders per hour) and while the ride is fairly unique it really isn't anything notable and is quite uncomfortable(assuming the ride would be run as it is at SFMM). Additionally, SFNE really needs something better as their current selection only has one top tier coaster (Bizarro) and two others worth re-rides (Batman and Goliath). Personally, I'd like to see a new B&M inverted coaster replace Mind Eraser, but that's probably the least likely to happen. In any case, a new coaster won't be happening this year as they're almost certainly just getting the Sky Screamer.

Since Six Flags Great America is getting the rumored new RMC coaster, I have a feeling the American Eagle might not get a full refurbishment. However, I agree Cyclone may be behind the others.

So I will be going to SFNE next Saturday, August 31st, and it will be my first time in the park. I'm excited to finally get a chance to ride some real roller coasters (elitches gardens as a "home" park is sad).

Any guesses on how busy the park will be that day? Will flash pass be worth it? And do they still have the single rider line through the exit of bizarro?

So I will be going to SFNE next Saturday, August 31st, and it will be my first time in the park. I'm excited to finally get a chance to ride some real roller coasters (elitches gardens as a "home" park is sad).

Any guesses on how busy the park will be that day? Will flash pass be worth it? And do they still have the single rider line through the exit of bizarro?

Labor Day weekend can get really busy there. I went a few years ago and the major coasters all had hour plus waits with Bizarro and Batman having waits closer to 2 hours. Goliath wasn't there yet, but with its low capacity it will probably have a wait close to 2 hours as well. I would definitely recommend a flash pass if you want to get on all of the coasters and possibly re-ride some of them.

Bizarro does have a single-rider line, but you can't access it until you're halfway through the queue. It also is painfully slow and I would honestly rather wait the extra few minutes to pick my seat. The front seat is hands down the best, but if you don't want to wait extra for the front, row 2 or the back are also good options.

Pandemonium and Scream both have excellent single rider lines. If you use them, you can usually get on in less than 5-10 minutes. Pandemonium's single rider line is next to the main entrance and Scream's single rider line is at the ride's exit.

So is Goliath open with the new trains yet?

The park needs another year to test them. They were testing the new trains into the summer, but they were too light and unreliable. As a result, they decided to run the original trains this year and next year they will try and get the new trains up and running.

I'd just like to point out that the second "landmark" they posted a picture of is not a Massachusetts landmark. It's the Mark Twain House which is in Hartford, CT. But whatever.

That's why I said New England landmark, not Massachusetts. The star flyer is expected to follow SFOT's lead and be named New England SkyScreamer.

Wayyyyy overdue update to the park website: https://www2.sixflags.com/newengland

Amazing. I absolutely hated the old layout. Everything important (park map, hours) was in smaller print than the legal mumbo jumbo at the bottom! Just wish there was a link to the park's Facebook! Kudos to Six Flags. This is great.

Also, any other SF park have this update? I checked 3 other SF parks and they weren't updated.

main_NESkyScreamer.jpg.4a5281ccee75d52be0f9a966ff36e4f4.jpg

It’s official. Coming in 2014, Six Flags New England will introduce the tallest attraction in the park’s history, and the tallest swing ride on the planet: A brand new record-breaking swing ride. The New England Sky Screamer will be the tallest of its kind in the world, lifting riders up over 400 feet in the air, swinging them around at an exhilarating 40 miles per hour, and feature breathtaking views and stomach-churning spins.

The New England Sky Screamer will be the newest landmark of the Six Flags New England skyline. As the tallest swing ride in the world, this record-breaking spinning tower stands over 40 stories above the ground and provides an adrenaline rush like no other. First, you and 23 brave flyers will strap into your open-air seat with your legs dangling above the ground. The New England Sky Screamer will start to swing you around in a circle as you elevate to the very top of the tower to touch the sky, eventually reaching heart-pounding speeds of 40 miles per hour and heights of 400 feet. You’ll be so high up that only the birds will hear you scream.

The ride will provide a beautiful panoramic view of the entire park and surrounding areas, including the Connecticut River and New England horizon, before it all whirls around in a blur. When you look down, you’ll see your feet swinging below you and aerial views of all your favorite attractions. You’ll soar around and around with the wind in your hair before coming back down the tower and landing on the ground.

The extreme New England Sky Screamer is set to debut in summer 2014. Are you ready to take on this all-new swing?

Edited by robbalvey

Isn't the One in Texas 410 feet? How is SFNE's Record Setting?

Both Eclipse and Texas Sky Screamer are 397 feet tall, but Six Flags market the one in Texas as being 400 feet.

Read Here

Add one more entry to the “everything’s bigger in Texas” list.

Officials with Six Flags over Texas said Tuesday the Arlington park’s new Texas SkyScreamer has been crowned the “world’s tallest swing carousel ride” by Guinness World Records.

Officials with Six Flags over Texas said Tuesday the Arlington park’s new Texas SkyScreamer has been crowned the “world’s tallest swing carousel ride” by Guinness World Records. The park received notification June 28, that the ride tops the previous record holder, Prater Turm in Vienna, Austria, by 19 feet.

The Texas SkyScreamer stands 402 feet, 10 inches tall, offering sweeping views of the Arlington, Dallas and Fort Worth skylines as it circles at speeds of up to 35 miles per hour. Since its debut in May, nearly 100,000 park patrons have gone up for a spin.

The work to survey and record the ride’s height was overseen by Britain & Crawford Land Surveying and Topographic Mapping, of Fort Worth. The official witnesses were Decima Cooper of Experience Arlington and Warren Williams, an engineer and surveyor of Graham Association, Inc. of Arlington.

A certificate noting the ride’s lofty accomplishment is on the way, a spokeswoman said.

Assuming it's going in the same spot they had gotten clearance by the town to build it last season, I believe it's going over near where Catapult was.

EDIT: The Six Flags New England facebook page just posted a piece of aerial concept art that confirms Sky Screamer will indeed be in Catapult's old spot.

EDIT: The Six Flags New England facebook page just posted a piece of aerial concept art that confirms Sky Screamer will indeed be in Catapult's old spot.

You are correct. Their facebook page has just posted a picture of where its going to be at.

^They can't do that. The area behind there are wetlands which are under strict environmental protections which restrict the park from building practically anything back there.

I didn't know it was wetlands back in that area.

Am I going crazy? For some reason I thought SFNE had a height restriction on rides. I guess not lol.....

There is a height restriction that the park can not build above without special approval. The park applied for and received approval last year for this ride.