TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I am going to be in a hotel in SPringfield this Sunday without a car. The local bus does not run on Sundays. Anybody know how I can get to the park besides a taxi. I think the taxi would be 30 one way and would like to spend less than that. I don't mind strangers picking me up either, even though my mom told me not to talk to strangers. I'll pay parking.

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just got back in myself...due to work and Springfield traffic I didn't get into the park until 6:40. Decent amount of cars in the lot upon arrival. Be aware that the tram is closed, so be ready to wal

It still amuses that every time I visited a U.S. park that featured a Giant Inverted Boomerang, the ride was always broken. I had to go all the way to China with TPR to finally ride one. 😆 It was fun,

Glad they're finding additional revenue sources. I ended up going to the Holiday in the Park Lights event last week.  It felt sort of eerie walking around the park with all the rides sitting idle

Posted Images

^I was there on Monday, but I may get in the car and drive out from Boston tomorrow. (It gives me something to do besides trying not to buy a laptop or new cell phone on the Tax Free holiday this weekend.) If you need a ride still, give me a call in the morning and I'll head in that direction. See PM...

Does anybody know why Bizzaro is running one train and has 4 security guards watching the line? A couple were in the station, one mid line in a blue chair and one at the entrance. The line was about 1:30 midday today.

^Maybe its just a weekend thing? When I was there on Monday they have both trains running and I don't think I saw a single security guard in the station or line. That said, the line never made it past the first set of shaded switchbacks outside the station. I'm not sure about running one train though. That is crazy on a weekend.

Does SFNE have a height limit?

200 ft without a special permit. To get permission for the star flyer SFNE had to get special permission to build up to 400ft and the town gave them the extra permission to build up to 410 ft if they wanted to take the record.

Did anyone see any teaser signs in the park that might have something to do with a new ride? I didn't find anything in the park last week, so I was just wondering if I missed anything. By the way, does anyone agree with me that flashback should be removed considering that they have Goliath and that it is getting rather old and rough. I'm thinking if they remove it, they might be able to put in a better ride or use it for an expansion of Cyclone. Anyone have any similar thoughts?

Flashback is like the plague, spreading among the theme parks and inflicting pain and misery on all those who possess it. But in all seriousness, they should really ditch flashback for something much better. Speaking of which, maybe they could get rid of Mind Eraser and add in a new B&M invert or a small launched coaster. Heck, they could go as far as putting in a copy of X-Flight or a Euro Fighter.

Flashback is like the plague, spreading among the theme parks and inflicting pain and misery on all those who possess it. But in all seriousness, they should really ditch flashback for something much better. Speaking of which, maybe they could get rid of Mind Eraser and add in a new B&M invert or a small launched coaster. Heck, they could go as far as putting in a copy of X-Flight or a Euro Fighter.

And X-Flight copy would look great in either spot too!

I always wanted them to remove Flashback and the Cyclone to make room for an insane Intamin pre-fab woodie. Paint it green and call it The Big Green Airtime Machine.

An over-banked I-beam RMC version of the Cyclone would be great too.

With the success of the RMC I-box conversions, I don't think we will see the Cyclone removed at any point. Before the ride was tamed, it was a wild and intense wooden coaster. An I-box conversion could restore the ride to its former glory and give the park another top attraction to go with BIzarro.

I'm guessing Six Flags New England will get the Star Flyer next year. Since they were so close to receiving one last year, I would imagine that they are getting it next year. I have a feeling it may be one of the 200 foot versions though instead of the massive 400 footer for some reason though.

I also feel that SFNE will receive a SkyScreamer. Seeing that the rides are so successful, and there aren't any huge rumors going around for the park, this may be it for 2014. Me personally, I find all Star Flyers/Windseekers kind of boring, but it is more of a borderline thrill ride anyways. Pretty soon, I see all Six Flags parks (maybe with the exception of The Great Escape) get SkyScreamers.

I would absolutely love to see the Cyclone restored to what it used to be. That would be the first thing to get me back to SFNE in almost a decade.

I too would love to see Cyclone restored to its former glory, but I just don't see it happening.

As far as the starflyer, I am 99% sure it's happening.

Since the park is somewhat limited with space, I have a feeling it will happen within the next 5 years. It's the perfect candidate.

Restored and Rocky Mountained are two entirely different things.

The park has also been "out of room" before the last three coasters.

True. That might be why the park wants to keep Flashback. Nothing else (coaster wise) could fit there and it keeps the coaster count up.

SFNE received approval for the star flyer last summer and for a short period of time it was thought it would come this year. But then SFOT built TSS and SFNE built Bonzai Piplines making it clear the star flyer wouldnt be built until 2014. Also if anyone follows SFNE's facebook, they are hinting that whatever is coming to SFNE in 2014 is going to be a New England landmark:

We are on a scavenger hunt for what is coming to SFNE in 2014. Here is a photo with a famous MA landmark. Can you find it? Share if you have ever been….

We are still on the hunt for what is being announced for 2014 next Thursday. Do you see any landmarks on the photo below? Where are we?

Also considering SFNE got approval to build up to 410 ft, it is painfully obvious SFNE will either take the record from SFOT or tie it and build the tallest sky screamer in the world

I think we're getting a Massachusetts/New England SkyScreamer. Why else would the park be pointing out Massachussetts landmarks?

As for a ZacSpin in Flashbacks spot it seems pointless. Why would Six Flags replace an old, painful, low capacity ride with a new, painful, low capacity ride? And before anyone posts it, I wouldn't consider Goliath any of those. It's a fun, relatively smooth ride (this is Vekoma) that has quick attendants.