TPR Home | Parks | Twitter | Facebook | YouTube | Instagram 

Six Flags New England (SFNE) Discussion Thread

I hate to whine, I really do but I need to here. I've stopped going to SFNE anyway even though it's the closest park to me because I think Six Flags has really ruined that place. Their initial additions were amazing... as was Batman the Dark Knight and after that they started to rip every last bit of charm out of the place... removing the log flume and a million other flat rides, ripping out Timber Town for that hideous Wiggles world thing and re-theming Superman for no reason whatsoever.

Other than Rockville... the only nice part of that park left is Crackaxle Canyon and now they're ripping out a well themed, much needed water ride (It was a great relief from the heat because it got you wet but not soaked) and putting a Boomerang next to the other Boomerang.

I don't get off of the East Coast much but I did get to go to SFMM in 2002 and I loved Deja Vu.. but I still don't get this at all. It would be great if they were replacing Flashback and putting this in it's place (it may not fit though with the Skyway there) but having both in the same park is really, really stupid. They should either replace Flashback with this or just get new trains for Flashback ALA Carolina Cobra, move Deja Vu to some park that really needs it like Six Flags America or Great Escape and then call it a day.

SFA couldn't install it due to the height restrictions....just be fortunate that SFNE is getting something,they became just another of SFI's "favorited" parks over the years & Shapiro really spoiled them during his run since he has family up there & all.

^I highly doubt sfne has been improved greatly because Shapiro has family nearby. I'd say it's because of the HUGE market this park has. I mean eastern MA has nothing in terms of parks, and sfne is a big draw (they have great bus routes from Boston to the park too).

Deja Vu would have been great for TGE but there's the height issue and neighbor complaint issue with that park too. The way I see it Flashback has to be slated for removal after next year. If I'm not mistaken it's one of the oldest boomerangs around (not that it's aged badly though).

^Agreed it is abysmal! that being said, it has served its purpose, and now that a bigger better version of it is being installed right next to it, they should probably get rid of it. It will serve no purpose at the park, but we will have to see if people still line up to ride it next season.

SFA couldn't install it due to the height restrictions...
SFA has a height limit of 200' from grade. Even if they built the ride on a 8 1/2' tall platform, they could still build it within regulations (the ride is only 191' tall)...

Not on the former two fa ce footprint as that area is zoned for 140 feet max.

^ Nope. I'm just trying to point out that Scream! has a lot of potential to be a good ride, and I'm just suggesting SFGAm cause they're spending really

BIG bucks on the park in 2012.

You said the same thing about 2011, and while Scream might make you happy, others, like myself would not be happy with it. But since there's no indication that it will be leaving SFMM anytime soon, there's no point in talking about it.

On the topic of DV, has anyone heard anything about the trains, and if they could get the new Vekoma restraints or a completely new train?

^ Nope. I'm just trying to point out that Scream! has a lot of potential to be a good ride, and I'm just suggesting SFGAm cause they're spending really

BIG bucks on the park in 2012.

You said the same thing about 2011, and while Scream might make you happy, others, like myself would not be happy with it. But since there's no indication that it will be leaving SFMM anytime soon, there's no point in talking about it.

On the topic of DV, has anyone heard anything about the trains, and if they could get the new Vekoma restraints or a completely new train?

They could get a new train for it but they probably won't (as far as they see it possibly) there really is nothing wrong with the current train and if I'm not mistaken it was recently rehabbed but, a new train with new restraints would help with the bashing although everytime I have ridden it I didn't get bashed anymore than any other coaster, so it wasn't really that bad.

I know it's the train that does get rehabbed a lot every year, so the new train would not be a bad idea, just hopefully it doesn't change the awesome experience Vu already is. Not to mention the fact that SFNE has the winter off (unlike SFMM), there is proper time to do rehab on the old/"new" trains if needed/more time to do it, hopefully keeping the downtime to a minimum during season.

On the note of removing other rides from SFMM, I don't see it as very likely unless it is Scream. Scream could do well somewhere else (I'm not the biggest fan, but it's still a half decent ride), freeing up that parking lot again! Goliath is staying, that's easily one of the top 5 most popular rides in the park and generates a huge wait during busy days.